It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior of an ET from a planet of different Gravity compared to Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How would an ET behave on Earth if it originiated from a planet with either a:

stronger Gravity or weaker Gravity

than Earth's Gravity?

Could it even walk around?

Would it be able to run really fast?

How would an ET abduct people if it couldn't handle Earth's Gravity? Be it stronger or weaker.

What about a Space Ship built on a planet with a stronger or weaker Gravity than Earth's Gravity? How would that Space Ship behave on Earth?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Well, i would guess they have them bases covered regarding walking running etc, if they came to earth from were ever ;-) one would guess they would have the gravity thing worked out :-)

Maybe one day we will know :-)

my 2 cent

[edit on 9/11/2009 by TheDon]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
why not create cybernetic bodies to use... you could have several for different planet types.

you could even use nanobots to build spaceships and bodies under the earth or in the oceans when sent to a planet via a probe.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is speculation, of course, but if an alien civilization has the power to travel the universe, then their technology is unfathomably beyond our own. It's a good bet that they've already got the gravity thing figured out.

Just my opinion, of course

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hey that is a great observation! I think that I saw one yesterday, stumpling here and there, cussing - oh yeah, and it smell terrible. I also think that bacteria from earth's atmosphere affected it's diggestion, because it was puking.

Originally posted by game over man

Only barely, it's movements were unsure, like it was hesitating and made various attempts to measure it's step.

I think not, because once the cops arrived to pick it up, it should've fled, but it couldn't but instead stumpled on it's own feet, so they did catch the poor bastard.

-v

[edit on 9-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, walking on the moon didn't seem to impose a huge problem on humans and the moon has 1/6th the Earth's gravity.

If they came from a planet with a stronger gravity, they might be a bit stronger, but would likely be shorter and stalkier so they might not be as fast.

If they came from a planet with weaker gravity, they might be weaker and need some assistance to move around on Earth. They also might be taller and skinner than what we might expect.

If they came from a planet with similar gravity...well, you know

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
why not create cybernetic bodies to use... you could have several for different planet types.

It has been noted that the Greys could be a droid of some sort.

I appreciate the replies.

The astral thread had me thinking that if Greys cannot stand our gravity they might make contact in a different way.

There is also the Moor thread with the picture of the alien, so it just so happens that the ET is from a planet witht he same gravity and breathable atmosphere as ours?

I'd like to hear how impossible or possible it might be for an ET visitor to deal with the differences in Gravity from their planet to ours.

Originally posted by Gray Fox
This is speculation, of course, but if an alien civilization has the power to travel the universe, then their technology is unfathomably beyond our own. It's a good bet that they've already got the gravity thing figured out.

Right agree with you, but how about walking around and co-existing with humans?

There are stories of ET's, landing and opening up their ship, I'm wondering how they would respond to a greater force of gravity on Earth or a weaker one?

If the Greys come from a Planet of weaker gravity due to their physical appearance, could they even get out of their ship and walk around?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 750Aero
Well, walking on the moon didn't seem to impose a huge problem on humans and the moon has 1/6th the Earth's gravity.

If they came from a planet with a stronger gravity, they might be a bit stronger, but would likely be shorter and stalkier so they might not be as fast.

If they came from a planet with weaker gravity, they might be weaker and need some assistance to move around on Earth. They also might be taller and skinner than what we might expect.

If they came from a planet with similar gravity...well, you know

Thank You! Didn't see your post when I responded.

I'm thinking their is a direct correlation between technology and gravity...

and possible methods of abduction....

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Thank You! Didn't see your post when I responded.

I'm thinking their is a direct correlation between technology and gravity...

and possible methods of abduction....

Thoughts?

I doubt there would be a direct correlation between technology and gravity. Gravity would play very little in how advanced a society can become...however, it might make a difference in their physiology, how they move and how they look.

A beings physiology would play a much, much larger role in their advancement than gravity would. Basically, what is their brain size/ability? Can they grasp objects and use them as tools? Do they have enough size to move objects of need around?

One thing to note about walking on the moon in lower gravity. The astronauts changed the way they moved to get around better/faster because the normal way of moving on earth was inefficient on the moon. Whether that was an effect of the lower gravity or the suits they were wearing...who knows...but a change was needed to get around faster. Also...they didn't move any faster due to the lower gravity, in reality it actually hindered their ability to move. They could jump higher and lift objects with more mass...but couldn't move faster.

However...it could make a difference in methods of abduction. If a race of beings came from a weak gravity planet and wanted to research beings from a planet with stronger gravity they may have issues walking around and or picking up said beings. In this case they might need some mechanical means of picking up/moving things around.

If a race of beings came from a planet with stronger gravity they might not need mechanical help to move things around and could likely just pick of the individuals/things they wanted to...especially if there were more than one of them.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by 750Aero]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 750Aero

I like your feedback on different methods of abduction. Thats basically what I was going with on the relationship of gravity vs. technology.

What other ways could technology vary between a planet with a strong force of gravity compared to a planet with a weak force? How would technology change?

Thoughts again?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Those body suits that they wear, grey for zetans who are pinkish, and blue for nordics are so they can handle the gravity and conditions on our planet better.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I recall watching a Futuram episode years ago, where they have to deliver 100 pillows to a hotel on a planet with 100 times the gravity of Earth. And Leela said: "You have to deliver them one at a time because each pillow wheighs 100lbs HERE!" Also when she stepped out of the ship (which had gravity stabalizers) and into the 'gravity-zone' of this new planet, she immediate reacted to it, her hair became much heavier and she became a little weak in the knees... Also it started raining and due to the intense gravity the rain hitting them was so strong it was painful.
Also, if i might point something out, when you stay it water for a long enough period of time, you adjust to it (Bouyancy) and when you leave you instantly feel a difference as if gravity has increased, but you also adjust to that aswell. So therefor the same principals would apply to this. You would indeed adjust after a while, BUT there are variables, such as bone-density issues, and personal strength. EXAMPLE: Anyone with weak calcium, or easily damaged bones would not adjust so easily, or perhaps, never adjust. I wonder why no one has figured this out, almost seems 3rd-grade to me. Also the same goes for their technology i would assume, such as household items like pillows, sheets etc... They would all probably have a different density than the objects and fabrics on Earth or any other planet of this gravity level... And the same would go for their physique. They all would have evolved/adapted in this density and gravity, so the only thing that would really be all that different would probably be their tolerance of gravity itself. Remember the movie WALL-E? Everyone in that space station was fat and had lost most of their bone-mass, but that was only due to them living for an extended period in Artificial gravity. Anyhow... my point is that Different gravity = Different density and tolerance and adaptation/evolution in a certain level of gravity.
Hopefully you get the idea.

Also, sometimes the easiest answer or solution to a problem, is what is so easily overlooked.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

How would an ET behave on Earth if it originiated from a planet with either a:

stronger Gravity or weaker Gravity

than Earth's Gravity?

How would an ET abduct people if it couldn't handle Earth's Gravity? Be it stronger or weaker.

What about a Space Ship built on a planet with a stronger or weaker Gravity than Earth's Gravity? How would that Space Ship behave on Earth?

Well since I encountered an actual extraterrestrial. I believe I am credible enough to answer these questions.

The woman I encounter is from the Andromedan Galaxy from a planet with gravity twice as strong as the Earth. I don't think she noticed any difference. She didn't react in anyway that would hint she had to adapt to the change.

She walked around alright. I never saw her run, so I wouldn't know.

Well she didn't abduct me, she took me aboard under my own consent.

Her spaceship which was cylinder in shape did quite well. I didn't notice any problems from it and I don't know if any less dramatic changes did or did not took place.

I have a feeling that she has been around planets so similar to our own that it didn't really affect her or her craft for being around here.

top topics

join