It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Nuclear Talks Could Fail in Final Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

blogs.abcnews.com

US officials have suggested there is just one week left for Iran to respond before a hard push for new international sanctions...

...That would take the response to Iran’s nuclear program out of the diplomacy phase and into punitive mode, starting with sanctions...

President Obama is going to make an appeal for Chinese support for sanctions (that high a level!) when he’s there at the end of this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I didn't want us all to forget about the important issues at hand here (the impending attack on Iran), and came across this article that, although with heavy bias, sums everything up until this point.

This reminds me of what happened with Iraq, where they said that they had or were building "weapons of mass destruction", and it turned out they were lying. Now it's not Iraq, but it's Iran, and they are giving us the exact same lies.

Now they're in sanction mode, and once sanctions are shown to not have the desired effect and the nuclear power plant gets started at Bushehr (and why a nuclear power plant is justification for killing people is way beyond me...), I'll have to assume the obvious which is that someone is going to "pre-emptively" attack them.

I know that there are alot of folks on ATS that think that America can just barge into Iran and take over like they did in Iraq... but even if they did, I must ask the obvious question: Who is next?

Yup, we have Afghanistan, Iraq, then Iran, so there is no way that it stops there. Who comes after Iran? Is it Pakistan? Who?

And then if America does not win like in Iraq, then what comes next? Does America back off, or are they in it to win it? Do they really pull out the nukes? They almost did in Vietnam, so do they decide they want to go for the win and pull the genie out of the bottle?

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Who is next? That's a real interesting question. Especially as the US was obsessed with the UK giving up their Middle East Empire a few decades ago and pretty much forced us out during Suez. I bet they wished they'd let us stay now, especially keeping Aden lol, such a useful place in the modern game of Gulf chess. Anyway the US, having encouraged us out of Empire is now trying to build a Middle east one itself, so where is the next land grab? Probably Iran. Britain used to control the place just like all the other other n ew US colonies so my money is there. After Iran? Probably Pakistan. Because the British had also been there? On this occasion no, there is little economic gain, we can only hope Pakistan would be because of the war on terror and the obvious need to close down the mad madrassas that churn out the terrorist

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Problem is I suspect neither Russia nor China would go for it.

They are both veto wielding members of UN Security council.

It should get interesting very soon, IMO.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As already said, China and Russia will veto any tough sanctions against Iran - it's hard enough to get them to even use stern language on the subject. The US knows this, Israel knows this and Iran knows this. Besides, it's also pretty obvious that tough sanctions will only make Iran more determined.

Let's just get to the end game already

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

blogs.abcnews.com

While a respected journalist is your source. ATS policy is not to consider blogging-sourced news as eligible for "Breaking Alternative News".

This item has several potential forums for which it is better suited.

I am open to suggestions from the OP.

new topics

top topics

join