It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lisbon Treaty Passes, Europe Might Emerge As A New World Actor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Lisbon Treaty Passes, Europe Might Emerge As A New World Actor

thegovmonitor.com

The much-awaited Lisbon Treaty is now finally in place. Any moment now, the EU will emerge from its pre-Lisbon cocoon and show itself as fully-fledged global actor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.time.com
www.newswithviews.com
www.lifesitenews.com
www.tel egraph.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
EU Plowing Through Sovereignty - No Votes Allowed
British ratification of EU treaty- a loss of freedom
The EU will have EMBASSIES around the world (source)
"An end to democarcy in Ireland" UK Beware !

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm not to familiar with the EU, but I know the NAU is coming here to the states.

And presently TPTB are practicing how to destroy the sovereignty of nations by nullifying their constitutions, and the worst part is that it is working.....the NWO is unfolding.

This is how it begins, countries lose their right to vote, and you have un-elected world elite making choices for your sovereign nation without any representatives.

America is preparing for the North American Union, which is already in the works. The legislation has already been approved and not by our congress mind you but via executive order of the president. In a sense we've already lost our right to vote.

I'm telling you people if you do not make your state representatives aware of what is going on, it will be too late.

thegovmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
[edit on 11/9/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We're doomed. Since they nwo is unstoppable I guess we should all give up

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Decent discussion here - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My post wasn't really about the treaty, but how TPTB are rehearsing dismantling the sovereignty of established nations, and how it is going to migrate to the states.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
My post wasn't really about the treaty, but how TPTB are rehearsing dismantling the sovereignty of established nations, and how it is going to migrate to the states.

And they are!

But I can assure you that the Senior party members, the corporate ownership, and the literati/celebrity set stand nothing to lose. They will not resist the decay of sovereignty.

Were they going to do that they would have started the fight a hundred years ago.

This nation was warned many times over. The elite, movers and shakers knew then - as they know now - to whom their obedience must be directed. If they resist they lose access, and in many cases dignity. At that point they are but another angry voice from which the elite most fervently isolate themselves.

There is a winnable scenario in the battle against subjugation under an external government's rule.... but to expound upon it could be indiscreet.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

I agree with the process for the most part.. I think the world needs more development and unity than nationalism and wealth acquisition.. The creation of a multipolar world headed up by the US/EU in order to push democracy, capitalism, law, development and unity is my ideal near future.

I understand that there are several large issues that are unsavory and I disagree with these but the end result is noble IMO.. for the most part. It is the evolution of the civilization of our species.

And before anyone argues that these process are being done undemocratically.. that is wrong. The ideas and plans are being created by non elected individuals.. the agreements are being signed by our elected leaders whom we elected to to do these things. If these supranational entities need governance, democracy will be built in.. similar to the way the EU works.

Did you see recently that the US and EU signed supranational trade agreements recently that are somewhat similar to the regulatory treaties that were signed before the EEC came into fruition. The EEC is now the EU.. the EU is now in essence a new country. These agreements are supranational and are being regularly signed but rarely reported.

A common market is and partnership is slowly beginning between the EU and the US.. This is all moving extremely fast. Within 50 years, the worlds maps will be well outdated.

I look forward to seeing how it pans out.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Europe will never be a world power because they don't have the balls to stand up to groups (or countries) that would do them harm.

China/India on the other hand....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I, personally, welcome the end of nationalism and the beginning of a global state. Anyone with their head on straight and their priorities for the human species as opposed to the nebulous concept of the nation-state supports the same.

Ever consider the rampant NWO fearmongering is just that: Fearmongering by those who fear losing the power and wealth that individual nations bring to them?

I digress, bring on the fall of Nationalism!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
If Europe federated like in Tom Clancy's Endwar, they would truly be the premier world superpower. The American Empire's military power will never decline, but our role as leading world power might soon fade away. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but it isn't good either. It's just a natural evolution of civilization as one of the previous posters stated and personally I welcome it.

I admire much of Europe's social progress as of late and I am eager to see what the future holds. It seems like it could only be a matter of time before they do decide to consolidate military and economic power completely and overtake us. The collective GDP of the EU's member states has already surpassed the US.

It's time for the next incarnation of Rome to take center stage.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by The Transhumanist]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by djon01

Europe will never be a world power because they don't have the balls to stand up to groups (or countries) that would do them harm.

Essentially, that is the bottom line, although I might have phrased it in a slightly less colorful way.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djon01

Funny you mention, Germany almost took over the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't see anyone that will benefit from this unions.
This unions are ment to merge people and take away national identity.
I am not a nationalist, but I do love my culture. For me it's more important
what I am than where I come from as in my national identity.

What we are will soon go away, culture, habbits, tradition, I don;t mind for my country merging to something bigger, what I do mind is people loosing
their identity and that is the target it seems.

Once that is gone we can be imprinted with new habbits, culture and tradition because what we hold as value will soon be gone.

What is the new identity for an individual, I can just picture it, it's something idealistical refering how to serve the world as an ant.
Culture: to help and protect something unreal based on lies.

The new world will be a lie, people that are promoting it are a lie when they speak, so this is what will come out of this.

We are merging for the better of the others on top, for control over us by others. We are dumb dumb dumb...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

That, my friend, was a far different Germany than exists today.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

After 2000 years of doing that through war and 120 million dead in 35 years I think its fair to say that Europeans are sick of wars. The EU are working on an army and I don't agree with the EU plan for a 2.4 million high tech soldier army and all the trimmings by 2040 but it is still quietly in the pipeline. Do you think they will have the balls then?

I think in this day and age there is a lot more to this world than war.. Unless of course YOU are an American.. then I can understand your take on it but personally I think that perspective is bull# and outdated.

The only country that causes destabilization through policy which actually affects the EU is the US and there's no point in denying that either.

[edit on 10/11/09 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by djon01

This is disrespectful to the men and women of armed forces from many European nations currently actively fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Not to mention historic events, oh I don’t know like WWII, Korea etc. Look up the Glorious Glosters and then come and talk about b#lls.
The British Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the list goes on and on.
It takes more than fist and might to be a man, maybe Europe has learnt a lesson after the days of empire? But don’t talk rubbish about the lack of courage or commitment from Europe, you have no idea.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Britain did.

Allthough I am thoroughly anti-EU, the potential for a truly United Europe is limitless when you consider what independant nation states have achieved in the past whilst being at odds with each other!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunker or Bust

With all due respect, the presence in Iraq and Afghanistan IS NOT and it HAS NEVER BEEN to DEFEND any European nation.

In WW1 & 2 Europe fought to defend ourselves against an aggressor, which is what a standing army is for.
An army should always be in place to DEFEND, not to attack a non-attacking nation.

While I have no doubt the people serving in Iraq and Afghanistan have their own beliefs regarding why they are there, and I do respect them for serving their country, it is entirely inaccurate to suggest that forces in either country are defending any nation. No nation attacked us, no nation attacked America, no nation even threatened to do so.

On the issue of the UE and Lisbon Treaty itself, I am reluctant to see globalism growing in scope and power. We have seen the damage this does to various nations, the economics created from it simply makes the wealth divide wider.

Regardless of the motivations, and whether you or I think that they are just reasons to progress to this stage, such progression creates immense opportunities for a select few to control a vast number of people.

The expansion of any governance is a danger, we need less leadership, fewer restrictions and controls. People do not need more instruction in how to live their lives as described by a panel of authority.

Having said that, all of these unions and agreements are a part of evolution, and they will fall when needs change. If we went into a global war tomorrow, various treaties and agreements would be torn to shreds.

So as long as no authority tries to tell me how I have to change my life to suit any of their unreasonable requirements, I couldn't care less what my nation signs up to.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Also with due respect and consideration I did not state that they were fighting to defend a European nation. My post was over heated due to the macho Europe ain't got no minerals post; which was a childish and pointless the statement, must not feed the trolls I know.

I agree that expanding the European Union in this way is dangerous to be honest. Free trade and movement is one thing but law making and central powers is a whole different thing. I love the way Ireland voted no, bing bong wrong answer try again. That to me stinks, what was the point in the first vote then? Why was that one not accepted and Lisbon dropped?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join