It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do "palestinians" say they have a right to israel's land

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
explain please what exactly is Israels land?

they have never formally declared their borders after all.

not to mention, every single Middle Eastern country is ready to acknowledge Israels right to exist once they recognize Palestines Because of selective memories the land that is now Israel WAS Palestine before the Balfour Declaration.

and might I add, David Ben-Gurions 1948 Land of Israel Proclamation grants Israel to annex lands.

the 2 blue stripes on Israels flag stand for the Nile & Euphrates.

look up Eretz Israel and then check that map again posted above by Shrike071

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by resonance

We can twist and turn biblical and historical rhetoric for an eternity and never know any truth other than people are killing and torturing one another over unproven bed time stories.

Jews are using their beliefs to sustain the madness, and Palestinians are sacrificing their lives and killing others out of breathtaking desperation.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry but Allah is the god of Abraham and I wish I could get legal ownership of land because I had a book that says God gave it to me. Why I would write that book right now.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think maybe because it was a place named Palestine before all the European Jews showed up.

Consider this.

The Israeli amateur researcher Tsvi Misinai asserts that nearly 90% of all Palestinians living within Israel and the occupied territories (including the Israeli Arabs and Negev Bedouin) are descended from the Jewish peasantry that remained on the land after the others mostly (city dwellers) left or were exiled.

Meanwhile, much of the local Palestinian population in Nablus is believed to be descended from Samaritans (an Israelite sect) converted to Islam.Even today, certain Nabulsi surnames including Muslimani, Yaish, and Shakshir among others, are associated with a Samaritan origin.

Indeed, David Ben-Gurion and Yitzhak Ben Zvi, later becoming Israel's first and second Prime Minister respectively, wrote in 1918 that Palestinian peasants and their mode of life were living historical testimonies to Israelite practices in the biblical period.

Ben Gurion further stating: "The greater majority and main structures of the Muslim Falahin in Western Erez Israel [modern Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Strip] present to us one racial strand and a whole ethnic unit, and there is no doubt that much Jewish blood flows in their veins -- the blood of those Jewish farmers, "lay persons," who chose in the travesty of times to abandon their faith in order to remain on their land.

Tsvi Misinai claims that the majority of the Palestinian people — including those with Israeli citizenship or residency, known variously as Arab citizens of Israel, Arab Israelis, Israeli Arabs, including the Bedouin Arabs of Israel — are descendants of the ancient Hebrews, as most of the world's Jewish ethnic divisions are. Furthermore, he claims that at least half of them are quietly aware of this fact.

And finally.

A study in October 2000 showed the majority of Palestinians tested were found to have DNA of that of Jews.

The conclusion of the DNA results is as follows:According to historical records part, or perhaps the majority, of the Moslem Arabs in this country descended from local inhabitants, mainly Christians and Jews, who had converted after the Islamic conquest in the seventh century AD (Shaban 1971; Mc Graw Donner 1981).

These local inhabitants, in turn, were descendants of the core population that had lived in the area for several centuries, some even since prehistorical times (Gil 1992).

On the other hand, the ancestors of the great majority of present-day Jews lived outside this region for almost two millennia.

Thus, our findings are in good agreement with historical evidence and suggest genetic continuity in both populations despite their long separation and the wide geographic dispersal of Jews.

The Palestinians have more Israelite blood in their DNA than the European Jews who control the land.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom

It makes sense that the Palestinians cause a ruckus over this land. After all, the Palestinians are descendants of Edom; and the Edomites always were at odds with the Israelites. This struggle over the land is just one way that it is being manifested in modern times. Edom has been a thorn in his brother's side and it will be that way until Messiah comes.

Actually, Most modern Palestinians are descendants of Canaanites. Your calling them Edomites is a desperate attempt to give credability to the isreali myth that there are no Palestinians, only Jordanians. Palestinians and Jordanians don't even like each other, akin to Chinese Japanese tensions because Jordanians have always tried to kowtow to isreal to avoid war in Jordan. The Palestinians see them as cowards for this and the Jordanians see Palestinians as troublemakers.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Both the Hatfields and MacCoys were Christians, that did not stop them from feuding, did it?
The whole Israel/Palestine thing is actually very simple. It has nothing to do with differences in religious dogma between the two, it has to do with Mount Zion being in the middle of Jerusalem under Israeli control. The Palestinians are nothing more then political pawns used by the other Arab nations to stir up support and trouble until they have control of the area surrounding their third most holy religious site. The Muslims are deathly afraid that the Jews will do something to the Dome of the Rock Mosque to rebuild the Temple Mount, and they constantly make claims to such effect (they just accused the Israeli's of digging under it again recently).

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Israel isnt the Jews land anymore than it is mine. The Jews were exiled by the Romans in appx 135AD/CE and moved to all areas of the world. For 1,900 yrs-yes-1,900 YEARS the Palestinians lived on this land. In 1948..........almost 1,900 YEARS later the Jews wanted their 'God-given' land back. Land they say that God promised them. Whose God? How would u feel if the Jewish ppl wanted YOUR home, YOUR land that You've lived upon for decades, for millenia and refused to stop until everything You've ever known and loved was wiped off the face of this earth?? You'd fight like hell. You'd fight for Your family. You'd fight when they contaminated Your source of fresh water, or bombed Your only food mill in town. You'd fight when Your power plants are destroyed and u have no electricity and when Your friends and family are dying for lack of food and medical care. What Israel is doing is pure and simple 'genocide' for their own selfish greed and selfishness. Evilness at it's best and all in the name of a God.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
well according to history it was israels land far before there were any "palestinians" and they lost it, if the muslims want to claim they worship the same god (which they most certainly do not) then they cannot say the jews should have no land..i would love to hear how muslims explain the existence of the jews and all the promises of the jews in the bible spoken by the god they supposedly worship...the term palestine was used to designate a region it was never a state or country..

there is info all over the internet about the history of the "palestinians"...believing that the palestinians are any certain group of people is just ridiculous..it was a term to denote people from an area and has come in to the mainstream..

but as i said my question was kind of religious in nature..that they say they worship the same god but they do not..but if they want to claim to how do they justify ignoring god's promises

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008

The west also sells and gives Israel their weaponry. I think Israel is big enough to stand on her own two feet.

The West also keeps Israel on a pretty short leash. If that leash was to be cut, the Middle East would be very different in about 96 hours. Turn Israel loose, go ahead, I'll just sit back and watch. My money is on Israel.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
The International community gave that area to the jewish people after the war even though their where Palestinians and other people living there.

That is not what happened.
The land was controlled by the British, and it was offered to both sides to split it equally including Jerusalem. The Jews accepted the deal, but the Palestinians refused anything other then 100% control of Jerusalem. Besides this... The land did in fact belong to the Jews before the Romans destroyed it in 70AD. So if you want to get all technical about it, Israel was actually under the occupation of the Palestinians for almost 2000 years. Gee, how do you think all those ruins got there under Palestine? Must have been a Jewish plot to smuggle them in in the dead of night, then move existing structures to place them underneath, just so they could lay claim to someone else's land, eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

the jews have not tried to wipe the "palestinians" off the face of the earth..it is the other way around..the jews are attacked every day and are very patient in their responses...america would never be as patient as they are..

its sad that people try to act like the israelites are the bad guys here when they take way more than they dish out..if america was treated like israel is by the countries of the world we would retaliate..as we have

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

As for your biblical claim:

Scholars disagree as to whether the archaeological evidence supports the biblical story of there having been a Kingdom of Israel of the United Monarchy that reigned from Jerusalem, as the archaeological evidence is both rare and disputed.[22][23] For those who do interpret the archaeological evidence positively in this regard, it is thought to have ruled some time during Iron Age I (1200 - 1000 BCE) over an area approximating modern-day Israel and the Palestinian territories, extending farther westward and northward to cover much (but not all) of the greater Land of Israel.[22][23]

According to textual critics, a number of distinct source texts were spliced together to produce the current books of Samuel. The most prominent in the early parts of the first book are the pro-monarchical source and the anti-monarchical source. In identifying these two sources, two separate accounts can be reconstructed. The anti-monarchical source describes Samuel (thought by a number of scholars to be a cipher for God himself) to have thoroughly routed the Philistines, yet begrudgingly accepting that the people demanded a ruler, and thus appointing Saul by cleromancy. The pro-monarchical source describes the divine birth of Saul (a single word being changed by a later editor so that it referred to Samuel instead), and his later leading of an army to victory over the Ammonites, which resulted in the people clamouring for him to lead them against the Philistines, whereupon he is appointed king.[3]

According to Israel Finkelstein and Neil Silberman, authors of The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts[2], the idea of a United Monarchy is not accurate history but rather "creative expressions of a powerful religious reform movement," possibly "based on certain historical kernels." Although in a later book Finkelstein and Silberman do accept that David and Solomon were real kings of Judah about the 10th century BCE[4], they cite that the earliest independent reference to the Kingdom of Israel is about 890 BC, while for that of Judah is about 750 BC.

About the only claim isreal has on the region comes from the bible, and as the above article clearly shows even this claim is weak.
BTW the source article was written by Isrealis!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Funny how the Romans seem to have some records of them ruling that area before the Roman Occupation. Its also funny that the Governors such as Harrod were Jews, and allowed to continue their administration over the area even during the Roman Occupation. Of course I am sure that sources like Flavius Josephus are all BS too, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

you have faulty information there is plenty of historical text placing the jews in that land as well as archaeological evidence..

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

I'm unsure why your money would be on Israel considering they are surrounded by Arabs and Muslims that care not for their own lives as much as expelling the Jews from their vicinity.....unless you are thinking more along the lines of Israel unleashing their nuclear capabilities.

Israel wouldn't be worth spit if they used the WMD they are denying anyone else in the region from having.

The years of empty threats and reneged deals by Israel has left a bad taste in the mouths of allies and I do not see any super powers involving themselves.
Just consider what the lineup would consist of.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071

Originally posted by resonance
so here is my question..the so called "Palestinians" want Israel's land..

The land that the Palestinians want is the land that was rightfully theirs as set forth in Resolution 181 by the U.N. in 1947. Ever since then, Israel has been invading and stealing land that they have no legal right to.

Check out this map for a visual explanation

Of course what you mean is that Israel's neighbors have tried several times in bands of 2-5 countries to kill every man, woman and child in Israel.

They just fail badly at it.

As for Gaza, it was part of Egypt.
In 1967, when Egypt put a million men, all their tanks and planes all facing Israel and Jordan did the same.
They said the sand would run red with Israeli blood.

then, Israel could see the muslims were going to attack and attacked just before the muslims did.
They caught them with their pants down.
The sands ran red with Egyptian and Jordanian blood.

Anyways, Israel then moved out to face the Egyptian army.
They ran the Egyptian army out of Gaza, much less other land.

After the war, Israel allowed all Gaza's to go into Egypt, but Egypt refused to take them, same with Jordan-the two countries that caused this.

Anyways, these same people think they should get all of Israel and all of Jerusalem as their capital.
They have clearly spent too much time in the desert sun.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Reply to a couple people:

It's true that Israel has killed Palestinians, but Palestinians have killed Israelis. It goes both ways. I'm not taking sides, but I was stating certain facts, such as Israel's developed-ness and Palestine's third-world country-ness.

Also, I'm not being racist calling Palestine a crap-hole, and no one liking Palestinians. I've spoken to people from the Middle-East, and they say that even Jordanians, their fellow-Sunni-neighbors, don't like Palestinians. I'm making a point that Muslims support Palestine NOT because they actually care about Palestinians, but because they all hate the Jews together.

If Palestinians took over Israel, and the Jews left, it would turn into a third-world country, and the neighboring countries would soon hate the new bigger and more crappy Palestine.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I never said the kingdom of Judah never existed. I was pointing out that the biblical accounts did not match up entirely with the accounts given by recorders of histories at the time, including Flavius Josephus. The bible is their main argument in the first place, and is to this day not considered accurate history by most scholars of antiquarian history. Dont put words in my mouth.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
Reply to a couple people:
Also, I'm not being racist calling Palestine a crap-hole, and no one liking Palestinians. I've spoken to people from the Middle-East, and they say that even Jordanians, their fellow-Sunni-neighbors, don't like Palestinians. I'm making a point that Muslims support Palestine NOT because they actually care about Palestinians, but because they all hate the Jews together.

"Palestinians and Jordanians don't even like each other, akin to Chinese Japanese tensions because Jordanians have always tried to kowtow to isreal to avoid war in Jordan. The Palestinians see them as cowards for this and the Jordanians see Palestinians as troublemakers."
Could you say nobody likes the Japanese just because the Chinese don't like them? Or no one likes Puerto Ricans cause Mexicans don't?
It's third world because the Palestinians have no money. With all the Palestinian engineers and computer scientists, not to mention entreprenuers, i'd think given enough funds they'd have a new silicon valley within ten years given the chance. There are more Palestinian college graduates per capita than American college graduates. That was a rascist remark you made.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Yes, Flavius Josephus is a known fraud as is his historical account of Jesus. Arrius Piso was his real name.

Just like the pomegranate staff head and the Jehoash Tablet were both found to be fraudulent by Israels own antiquities department.

Just becuase ruins are found on Palestinian land doesnt mean that jews built them. In fact it is well known that the Jews built upon Sumerian and Egyptian beliefs to create their own cultural identity. See the work done by Shlomo Sand ... or is he a self hating jew too?

Before the Crusdaes, Judaism was known to have celebrated 2 different western walls, neither of which were Solomons Temple. The present day temple mount is the ruins of a Roman garrison and most Israeli historians believe Solomons true temple to be at Gihon Spring.

The Hyksos, not the Jews, with their leader Moses (Akhenaten) were driven from Egypt. Archaelogical evidence supports these claims as well.

The Talmud even tells us that Jews can decieve and lie and murder us non-Jews. why would an all loving, chosen people who are the constant victim of aggression write such a thing?

hope i helped you Hasbara earn a couple extra pennies

[edit on 9-11-2009 by BlesUTP]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join