It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honey Bees Face Towering Threat From Cell Phones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Studies have brought out evidence to support the theory of colony collapse disorder (CCD) among honeybees due to bioactive microwave radiation from cell phones and their relay towers.

Recent experiments have found that worker bees fail to return to their hives when their navigation skills are interfered by the mobile microwaves. Cell phones were placed near beehives. These hives collapsed totally in 5 to 10 days, with the worker bees failing to return to their homes.

The radiation also causes damage to the nervous system of the bee and it becomes unable to fly.

The parasites, wildlife and other bees that normally raid the honey and pollen left behind when a colony dies, refuse to go anywhere near the abandoned hives.

articles.mercola.com...

Serious stuff. What if these devices that have become such an integral and indispensable part of our lives are also at least partially contributing to the die-off of the honey bees?

People aren't likely to give up their cell phones any time soon..........

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Interesting.
Certainly,could explain the mystery of falling honey bee population.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I believe!

Possibly orgonite near the hives and next to fields can help counter this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

Well, if it becomes more serious, then no matter, mass extinction of the human population due to bee's extinction would certainly clear up the cell phone issue over time.

Can you hear me now?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
oh brother whats next?

Laptops creating gases from the fans to melt the ice?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually an apiarist I know was telling me the other day that hives and bee populations are on the increase in the UK and Europe - and that the virus seems to have run its course?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think the problems addressed here have less to do with cell phone towers and more to do with bad genetics from mass-breeding and as yet unknown chemicals used on crops. How could you explain the huge losses of bees and hives in locations where cell phone towers are few and far between....

The massive almond groves or orchards across America for instance.

Cell phone towers as a cause have been discussed for years now, and nobody has come to a conclusion. I'm not saying it's not possible, but we must consider as many options as possible and not rule out a combination of factors.

I would also question why we are reading reports like this and who funds the research...big chemical companies perhaps? The type who wish to distract from the truth.

Don't forget about good old unpredictable mother nature too....

I have plum trees in my garden which have good years and bad years. Plenty of bees around here every year too, should I blame something other than nature for their bad crops?

Maybe we're entering the dawn of a new age where bees have started questioning all that hard work they've been doing and simply can't be bothered and give up. Humans do it all the time.

I Love Bees, my Grandfather was an excellent apiarist and his bees made amazing honey.

Couldn't live without them....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

Most people, especially Americans don't give a flying fck about anything nature related unless it directly effects them.

Most of them don't even care about themselves, this is apparent as cell phones are proven to significantly increase your chance of contracting cancer, yet millions(maybe even billions?) of people still use them.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
My father is a leading entomologist and also is baffled by the CCD or bee deaths occuring. He says it appears to be a combination of many things which could be working together as a concerted effort (microwave radiation/varroa mite/viruses/bioengineering/chemicals/monsanto/human expansion etc). It'd be like blaming people not awakening spiritually on flouride in the water, when in reality it comes to diet, thinking, will and many other things...

I believe that if bees go we go too. Tech can only do so much, if the very way nature operates is destroyed then so are we as part of nature. Does this all tie in with 2012? Do all roads lead to this [2012].. or not.....

If anyone has any specific bee related stuff they'd like addressed let me know and I'll fire them away to ma dad when I wake up.

Good night ATS, love and light!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

I've been saying that, since cancer often takes 20+ years to show up, that in another 5 or 10 years, EVERYONE will be getting brain-cancer!!! We've only been using cell-phones for about 10-12 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

Agree 99%. I think that brain cancer will be rising at epidemic rates in the future. I don't think everyone will get it, but many will.

I use speakerphone or corded hands-free.

It not only heats up the tissues, it effects the blood-brain-barrier, effectively allowing toxins of all sorts into the most protected area. People are getting dumber each year. This is but one cause, me thinks.

------------
Back on topic, I think GhostR1der has it correct. Many causes, one major outcome. The faulty of our sciences is it's seeming inability to take an integrative approach. We look at one part in relation to the whole. Best would be thinking about every possible variable, seeing how they interact with each other to create the problem as a whole. Scientific logical conclusions often seem rather idiotic to me. Where has the integrative mindset gone?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by unityemissions]

top topics

join