It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google and their theme tributes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I hope I make my point clear to not stir the wrong pot but here I go.

Google has had a sesame street theme up for the last five or six days. And that is ok. I grew up on sesame street shows. I watched it every morning before I was school age. I remember the cookie monster with his issues of indulgence. I remember Bert and Ernie with Bert's anger control issues. I remember Grover with his teaching us numbers and the letters. I even remember the day the shop keeper died and Big Bird having to come to terms with the loss. Oscar the Grouch living in a trash can was a hoot too. I have no problem with the Sesame Street gang.

With all that being said why wasn't 9/11 a good thing to give tribute too. Why wasn't it important enough for just one day of changing the logo up alittle like they do for say St Valentines day or Independence Day? Why was it ignored like it isn't important? I switched to a different search engine for awhile after I noticed the ommission. But I had to switch back because they are still the best search engine for my needs. But does anybody have a clue why they would omit the 9/11 event and focus sooooo much on Sesame Street?

Don't get me wrong. As I stated, I don't want to stir up a debate on who or what caused the 9/11 event. I just want to know why it is not important to remember. Can more knowledgeable people guide me into a better understanding please?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I was hoping this would be noticed by someone that could give me an "essay" answer on the whys or whynots. Please give me some input.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think they may be trying to limit themselves to less impact events and people. Stuff of only relative or minor importance, but something that's part of the social conscious.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't think google ever has bad things as it's logo.

new topics

top topics

join