It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The film - Paranormal Activity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was looking for the latest thread about this movie; there are several.

My 27 yr old son saw it this weekend and seemed a little disturbed about it. He is a fairly macho kind of guy, doesn't seem to let much get to him but he seemed like the movie really made him think about things and gave him a scare. Yet some talk like it bored them or it was funny.

I guess I am going to have to watch it myself, but for some reason I hesitate. I live alone and don't need anything to give me bad dreams.

Opinions?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I liked it!

I thought the way they made it was a bit like blair witch. But it worked in the directors favor!

Its all about suspence and adding a bit of light humor to it which made it what it is!

A great movie!

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Wolf ]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I thought the movie was brilliant. I'd been looking for a scary movie to watch in quite a while before I came across this one. Paranormal Activity is one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time! My favorite scene has to be the Ouija board scene.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by delta9thc
I thought the movie was brilliant. I'd been looking for a scary movie to watch in quite a while before I came across this one. Paranormal Activity is one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time! My favorite scene has to be the Ouija board scene.

Oh that explains what spooked my son. He used a ouija when he was a teenager after I had told him earlier not to ever use them. Something about it scared him back then but I never got the details.

Maybe this movie will keep some people away from ever using one; they can result in nothing if you are under protection but can also borrow the worst kind of trouble.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
True ,if you ever had a bad experience with the ouija board this film may remind you of why not to experiment . It starts off as fun,something to do at a party or whatever just bored.Then you hear some noise or see something weird or feel something that freaks you out. the movie brings back those bad vibes.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
are you people joking!? this movie was one of the scaryest,i wasnt able to sleep until the morning!
it left a big blueprint on my mind...a scary blueprint,and its even scaryer when u have readed occult stuff.
besides u guis dont even know the ORIGINAL ENDING!
this ending is is like some sci fi/action movie,it was made by spielberg,and spielberg dosnt know that the original endin is MUCH MORE SCARY! and it will leave you in shivers!
SPOILERS!
in the original ending after the night with the girl being dragged.
she dosnt wanna leave (possesed),then the night,she wakes up possesed and leaves the room,then she screams,her husband goes to see whats happening,and more screams are heard,then she returns in blood with a knife,she had killed him,then she proceeds to sit beside the bed like a zombie,her friend comes and sees the murder and calls the police,the police comes,she comes to them with a knife and they shoot her
now thats...mindraping

This is the ending i seen as well, although you left out alot of disturbing factors to it

Ill also add, that here in NZ, we did NOT get to see this movie at the theatres

I have not seen this said theatrical ending, nor did i, or anyone i know, realize this was a movie made for cinema, only slightly guessed it when the female was'nt scared at all when she seen footage of herself standing bedside to her partner, glaring at him for hours on end. Also, the mindstate of you people in here must be slightly distorted, as no one has mentioned it... just think about someone staring at you for a few hours... you need some time to mill that over maybe. Its an out there thing to do ok, for those of you detached to society and / or sanity in general. Then when she was fully possesed, the subverse trickery displayed by her screaming in the kitchen so he would come running down was also somewhat phsychotic. However the time it happened dispelled any notions of reality. they did it dead on 3:15 ( a type of... spiritual or unholy hour of the morning ) so i said " MEH "... but admitedly did not sleep for 3 days. Cant blame me, i study the ideas and theories of Physical Manifestations from the mind. Everything is plausable. Oh and that # at the end didnt help either, " thanks to blah blah blah police department ".

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gareth01422

It was awful, one of the worst, least scary, and most dismally dull films I've ever seen.

First of all we have two unlikable main characters who seem to spend every waking second hating each others guts, fighting constantly even when they know it only feeds the entity.

Which is another thing, their haunting was more like a poltergeist. Poltergeist hauntings often surround one individual, typically a female and it manifests in much the same way as the ghost in the film (aside from the possession, which is not usually what happens with poltergeists)...

And honestly they seek help from all sorts of people but not a priest who can perform a genuine exorcism? They don't try to leave the house... why not? Why not go sleep at a hotel for a while or invite a whole bunch of people over, the strength in numbers strategy...

The characters make a lot of cliched predictable decisions. Maybe this movie would be scary to a ten year old but for me it just didn't do it. The only thing scary was the price of the ticket I paid to see this

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join