It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The film - Paranormal Activity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Anyone seen it yet

Whats you thoughts on the film?

How scared was you?

Whats your favourate scene?

G

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gareth01422

Hi,

I saw the film. It was good but reminded me too much of the Blair Witch project to be honest. It was kind of freaky in parts but definitely worth watching.

You always have problems with films that try to look like it was a real event as they never look quite right.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I was bored outta my freakin' mind. I really do not understand all the hype. When the chic got dragged out her bed, it was creepy, and I thought, Finally, something good, but by then, it was just about over.

Paranormal Activity...
A Buttnumber

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Perhaps this is a topic for BTS?

I don't see anything studious about this...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i saw it, and was disapointed. i, for some reason was expecting more.
i just think that in this day and age its difficult to make a truly frightening movie,

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Apparently the actors were only originally paid $500 to do the film. It wasn't meant to go to theaters but I don't know the details. With that in mind though I enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining at best tho. It didn't scare me but I liked the part where the spirit shook the whole house with a large BOOM.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, I went to see this movie a few weeks ago in Terre Haute, IN.

This movie was different, I enjoyed it for sure. I'm glad that people voted for this movie to go national online.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the movie and ruin it for those who have not seen it.

All in all, a great flick. As far as being scared, not really. For me this film seemed to be more of a "suspense thriller" rather than a "scary" movie. Throughout the movie it always left me wondering what was going to happen next.

In conclusion, a great movie for all ages.
Definitely worth seeing!

~ Zeus

Edit: By the way, my favorite scene was the very last thing you seen at the end when Katie (possessed by the demon) throws Micah directly at the camera.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Zeus2573]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Why did you start another thread and not contribute here?

Anyway it was way to predictable!

And the hand held camera technique was annoying.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Why did you start another thread and not contribute here?

Anyway it was way to predictable!

And the hand held camera technique was annoying.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by whaaa]

I didnt know there was another thread already.

"Predictable" ? well in that situation (pessesion by a demon), what really happens?

Gareth

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The theater was 3/4 full and there were a number of times when people gasped or screamed out loud.

One teenage girl actually ran out of the theater about 3 minutes before the end.

I'd say about 10 percent of the people I talked to were bored or let down. Most of the rest got caught up in it and got a good scare or two.

For a movie produced on 15,000 dollars, that's pretty good.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I saw it a couple of weeks ago.

It was worth my $8 Matinee ticket.

Started out a little slow, but freaked the crud out of me and my husband. When we got home I had to assure my husband that it wasn't real!

The end's a real bang. I enjoyed the movie. Not much scares me but this one gave me goose bumps!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This should go to BTS.

my next thread will be called.

How many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll pop.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

This should go to BTS.

my next thread will be called.

How many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll pop.

It doesn't take any. It takes like fifty cents. Unless you get a big bag of them. Then a couple dollars. Trading licks for candy? Sounds pervy.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
are you people joking!? this movie was one of the scaryest,i wasnt able to sleep until the morning!
it left a big blueprint on my mind...a scary blueprint,and its even scaryer when u have readed occult stuff.
besides u guis dont even know the ORIGINAL ENDING!
this ending is is like some sci fi/action movie,it was made by spielberg,and spielberg dosnt know that the original endin is MUCH MORE SCARY! and it will leave you in shivers!
SPOILERS!
in the original ending after the night with the girl being dragged.
she dosnt wanna leave (possesed),then the night,she wakes up possesed and leaves the room,then she screams,her husband goes to see whats happening,and more screams are heard,then she returns in blood with a knife,she had killed him,then she proceeds to sit beside the bed like a zombie,her friend comes and sees the murder and calls the police,the police comes,she comes to them with a knife and they shoot her
now thats...mindraping

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Stillalive, how do you know what actually happens at the end? I am just wondering.

As for me the, I liked the movie. It didn't scare me, but it did make me want to know what happened next.

I was seriously laughing so hard when the end came, because a bunch of teenage girls in the back screamed hahaha

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I downloaded the movie online, and got the ending with the knife, where the police shoot her.

What ending did they show in theatres ?? give me a blow by blow recount.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by Stillalive

I downloaded the movie online, and got the ending with the knife, where the police shoot her.

What ending did they show in theatres ?? give me a blow by blow recount.

I DL'ed it about a week ago with both endings. The theater ending was a little better. After all the screaming etc. you hear her coming up the steps just like in the other, but just as she comes into view dudes body comes flying at the camera. Then she gets on the floor and crawls to the camera, and jumps at it. It says his body was found later, but her whereabouts are still unknown.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I saw Paranormal Activity and it was so lame.

It's not scary like a lot of people make it out to be. I wouldn't waste anytime watching it unless you have nothing else to do.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I liked it for the most part. Not really that scary but more of a suspense like another poster said. I guess for people that havent really looked into the paranormal and ghosts n all that, they problably would get freaked out. One of my friends got pretty scared because he said he has had experiences like that in his past. Still, for the amount of money spent producing the film, I have to say they did a really awesome job. Hollywood dosent need to be all cgi and action packed to make a good film.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I thought it was in the bottom 5 of movies I have ever seen and I see and have seen a lot of movies. There were maybe 100 folks in the theater and most of them laughing or reading/texting on their phones. About 1/2 of the way through, a gal sitting next to me who I did not know leaned over and told me that she thought the entire movie was about the boobs of the girl in the movie. After thinking about that for a minute I agreed with her and from that perspective enjoyed the rest of the film

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join