It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Completely confused...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

"A Government that provides everything can also take everything away."

If you are happy being a slave, having your life taken away from you because you owe it to them, c'est la vie.

I on the other hand alond with MILLIONS of American and Canadien citizens seethe at people such as you saying "We are taking your money, c'est la vie."

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

If you are happy being a slave, having your life taken away from you because you owe it to them, c'est la vie.

I on the other hand alond with MILLIONS of American and Canadien citizens seethe at people such as you saying "We are taking your money, c'est la vie."

Taxes are the price you pay for civilization.

And who is held more in thrall when they come down with catastrophic illness...the person who flashes a card and gets fixed, or the person that loses everything and lives in a box on the street...or simply dies for lack of sufficient coverage.

I'd venture to say it is the first example who is free to live a better life...but make your own choices.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Taxes are the price you pay for civilization.

And who is held more in thrall when they come down with catastrophic illness...the person who flashes a card and gets fixed, or the person that loses everything and lives in a box on the street...or simply dies for lack of sufficient coverage.

I'd venture to say it is the first example who is free to live a better life...but make your own choices.

So..."Pay my bills and I will follow you my leader?" Scary thought that you will seemingly sell your self to your government as long as you are taken care of.

" A person who gives up his freedom for security deserves neither."

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So..."Pay my bills and I will follow you my leader?" Scary thought that you will seemingly sell your self to your government as long as you are taken care of.

'Scuze me?

I pay my taxes. I pay so that I am taken care of, and so I don't leave my fellow citizens behind, if they take a knock or two. Just what vacuum do you think you happen to exist in?

I'd venture to say that government subsidized coal prices are powering whatever computer you are using to post, so whether or not you manage to dodge those taxes they are 'seizing' from you, you're still dependent upon suckin' off the Federal teat, yerself.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I really would start ignoring him about now. He is trolling. He can't bend his little mind around the fact that we up here, have an insurance system, like he does down there, just on a much much larger scale, and the payments come directly off our paycheque. Ours also covers pretty much everything (except dental which kind of irks me).

I would like to know where they get the idea that we have to wait for months for critical care. I have never had to wait more than a month for anything, and that was a non-critical CT Scan.

I would also like to point to the guy slinging his "freedom to all, death to taxes" jingoism. We really don't care what you think, we like how things are run up here for the most part, and wouldn't trade you places for the world.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

I very much understand that our government could take it all away. but for them to do that, they'd have to stop charging me taxes. i would never pay my government tax money that doesnt somehow benefit me and my fellow canadians. if they tried to do that the people in our country would storm parliament hill and make them fix it. im only a 7 or 8 hour drive from parliament hill. wouldnt be a big deal for me

One of my friends was in parliament hill and he was walking around singing "hey hey ho ho steven harpers got to go!" we wouldnt have any issues with walking right up to whoever was in charge that day and telling that person we're not leaving until the prime minister himself comes to talk to us.
we're definitely not about to let our government screw us around. screw talking to our local member of parliament. screw writing letters, we would go straight to the source and make them do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Great sentiment...just naive. They have the guns and the military. Like that person stated earlier

"As long as I am only paying $32 for cancer..."

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Great sentiment...just naive. They have the guns and the military. Like that person stated earlier
"As long as I am only paying $32 for cancer..."

Back to the original post..."Completely Confused..."
Is it any darn wonder?

crmanager, on that note, I think our discussion has ended. Happy trails.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join