It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God people are so dumb, 1100 dollars in gold in exchange for 20 dollars? Wow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is hillarious, i had to share it. Not much to say about it, just watch. Im speechless.

He even trys to sell it for the price of a cup of coffe, to no avail.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Ignorance Denied]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
People are stupid. THERE'S a news flash. I'd BET a 1 oz gold bullion coin that the guy with the mic had to be TOLD what it was worth before his little skit.......

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
People are stupid. THERE'S a news flash. I'd BET a 1 oz gold bullion coin that the guy with the mic had to be TOLD what it was worth before his little skit.......

Even if you dont know how much the gold is worth, surely its worth a coffe, damn.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I would of ripped his arm off and beat him down to $15 with the soggy end!

I wonder if he would of actually sold it for any of those amounts?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

This is itself a bit foolish because the guy is offering people something of great value for a small price. most of these people are aware of scams and con artists...it makes sense that they would not buy some coin from a stranger on the street!

i mean, it could easily be fake and the average person would never know it!

therefore, these people are quite smart to avoid forking over any money for some unverified piece of crap coin. even if it is pure gold, money is more valuable! (try buying something with gold instead of money to see what i mean)

keep your money folks! that coin isn't worth your time (nor money!)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I would of ripped his arm off and beat him down to $15 with the soggy end!

I wonder if he would of actually sold it for any of those amounts?

Exactly what I was thinking. I do a lot of metal detecting and know EXACTLY what gold is worth and would have offered him the 50 then broke his jaw when he tried to reneg. What's with the guy's outfit btw? How can you walk around acting smug when your clothes went out of style Circa 1993?

Edit: And the haircut..... I'd like to break his jaw regardless now that I think about it......

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It seemed like most didn`t trust the guy, and just said no not to have to call him out on it. I`ve seen coins like that I would have been tempted. I`ve known people who have actually gotten deals like that from people that didn`t know actually what they where selling.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The guy trying to sell the coin is so bogus acting it is easy for people to believe that the gold coin is bogus as well.... Hey, how much will you give me for this genuine autographed picture of Jesus Christ..... See what I mean?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Their reluctance stemmed from their reaction to the guy, so the gold coin didn't really matter.

Why the hell would somebody sell you a solid gold coin for less than it's worth? Off the street? With a mic and a camera?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I personally wouldn't have given him $50 for the coin because I don't trust people coming up to me on the street offering anything no matter how authentic the item looks. It is very easy to buy worthless knock offs and sell them to the unsuspected public.

On the other hand, I would have gladly bought the guy a cup of coffee for the coin or gave him $5 bucks for it. It would have been no different then buying a couple of lottery tickets where you don't expect any value but hope you win a prize just the same.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What did he expect without an Obama sticker on it?

I would have assumed it was a scam though also.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Really, I kind of have to think the opposite of the OP. Anyone walking around with a camera crew doing strange things has an agenda. In this specific case, it's the opposite of what the people expected, but it's the smart reaction.

Besides, I really doubt he'd have actually given them the coin, or showed it in the clip if they agreed to buy it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

The reason why is because they could be conducting a social experiment to see if people are aware of how money works or have knowledge about the the worth of tangibles.

The first thing I would ask is if the coin was stolen. Everything after that would have come from my knowledge of tangibles.

EDIT: I just watched the first 40 seconds of the vid and he said exactly what I did.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
All we are seeing is the handful of people that said "No."

We aren't seeing all of the people that said "Yes!"

Stupid videos are stupid.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

"God people"?
They look like regular good ol' people to me.
What does their belief in a higher power have to do with it?
Just shows your bias and hate of a certain group that you conveniently
lumped together.
Not once did I hear that mentioned!

Jeez, heres a clue since you are speechless:
They probably thought he was trying to scam them.

That happens you know.....
Doesn't exactly look to honest....

Ya, most people handle gold everyday!

Get a clue and stop generalizing others!
Edit:
If this was not your intention please ignore this post!
Thanks and I realize you probably didn't mean "God people" are dumb.
Appologies.
I agree with apacheman.
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't see stupid people, I see people who don't trust the setup, and don't want to be made fools of.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is."

I wouldn't take him up on it either, and I know what the price of gold usually is...one of the things I track. Been offered lots of deals like that in my lifetime and the vast majority were scams.

There are far too many scams using bait and switch, far too many tv programs that make you look like an idiot if you go for whatever they're offering, and far too many ways to get setup for bigger ripoffs.

So no, not stupid people, just careful ones who would rather forgo a too-sweet deal than risk potential troubles.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain

Originally posted by Now_Then

Edit: And the haircut..... I'd like to break his jaw regardless now that I think about it......

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Zenagain]

Well aren't you a angry little bee today?

Methinks you should calm down.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I agree.
Thats purty whacked.
Some peeps should look into some anger management before something bad happens....

Guess promoting violence is okay with the mods....

[edit on 9-11-2009 by dodadoom]

top topics

join