It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Filter help please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hey all.

Sorry for the pretty much pointless thread but I was just wondering how to turn off the family filter?

Been on ATS a while but not too much recently.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
ATS has a family filter???

As far as I know ATS has no such feature - all content on ATS is kept family-friendly by Admin and the understanding of the members themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Ahh, the problem went away.

Thanks anyways.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

No worries mate

Good to see yet another Aussie on ATS! There are quite a few of us here now so you'll be a welcome addition to the club!

That and the ATS members seem to love us Aussies

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i saw this on the media portal, iwas trying to view the avatar help video, it said i needed to turn off the family filter. note that this was not from my web browser but a message on the website. couldnt find it, so i gave up.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Im having the same problem... Im trying to put an avatar on but it keeps giving me the same message...
Has any one found the solution yet??

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ok i just figured out how to turn family filter off:

First click on member tools
then goto my pictures
and then around the top right side of your screen you should see my account click on that and then go to account settings and scroll down and you will see family filter turn it off.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
can someone provide more info on this family filter?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Being that ATS is so squeaky clean, why have a default family filter? Isn't the entire site filtered enough? Besides who in their right mind is going to have their kids sitting on their lap as they type and surf through ATSland? This whole "family-friendly" effort is beyond ridiculous, this site isn't for kids, it's built every day by and for adults.

'Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.' ~Mark Twain

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUltimatum
Ok i just figured out how to turn family filter off:

First click on member tools
then goto my pictures
and then around the top right side of your screen you should see my account click on that and then go to account settings and scroll down and you will see family filter turn it off.

this doesn't help at all, since my family filter was OFF by default, and I'm still getting that warning message

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
Being that ATS is so squeaky clean, why have a default family filter? Isn't the entire site filtered enough? Besides who in their right mind is going to have their kids sitting on their lap as they type and surf through ATSland? This whole "family-friendly" effort is beyond ridiculous, this site isn't for kids, it's built every day by and for adults.

'Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.' ~Mark Twain

Agreed. But, where were you when this poor guy got crucified with this thread?-

Age Restrictions needed on ATS

Holy Mackerel!
I was looking for ideas about my kids being on this site, and I am seeing this stuff.
Does anybody that's sane have any advice?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
JC!
Come on ATS work with me here.

Family filter off by defualt but asked anyway to turn it off before i can view how to aply an avatar.

Couple this with the fact that everytime I place my password into ats after i log out it doesnt work and if I want to change the password it requires my username.

OHHH!!! whats that? yeah says I dont exist..

WORK WITH ME...Please.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

If I didn't knew any better I would say you are just hunting for stars.
I feel strangely compelled to star you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Since the issue has been resolved, thread closed.

If you have any other issues, feel free use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

[edit on June 24th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

join