It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodney King beats ex-cop in boxing match

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What are the odds?
Rodney King sobers up and out-boxes an ex-cop.
Almost the opposite of OJ...

King, whose videotaped beating by Los Angeles cops touched off three days of riots that killed 53 and wounded 2,000 after the officers involved were acquitted by a white jury in 1992, whooped an ex-cop in a boxing ring near Philadelphia on Friday night, promoters said.

King, 44, who has struggled with drugs and alcohol since his beating, pulled it together to win after three rounds against tattooed and mohawked ex-cop Simon Aouad at the Philadelphia airport Ramada.

“This is a new chapter in my life,” King said, according to a statement by the promoter. “I am sober, fit and now a winner.”

Source

Is this rehabilitation?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Who's next, Kimbo?
I don't know. I can see how it might be rewarding for him. Maybe just a small taste of revenge in some vague way?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
"King, 44, who has struggled with drugs and alcohol since his beating,"

SINCE his beating? Lest we all forget, which apparently we have, the whole REASON for his beating was that he led police on a 90 MPH+, PCP fueled, chase through L.A. for God knows how long before being cornered and being Tased like what? 4 times? And STILL not cooperating BEFORE the beat down. "Since" his beating my..... hirsute backside. Don't glorify this moron, not now and not ever.

join