It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Ricky or whoever you are wtf are you writing about child molesters for?
And Jews waging war?
Are you !@#cking stupid?

Mods,
Why wasn't this deleted?
It's so off topic I can't believe it.
Mods!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

yeah, interestingly, it wasn't just the new immigrants to and settlers here that were slaughtering 'the red man', it was everyone. We didn't enslave the black man, there were slaves way before we got here and it was socially accepted and no one thought different. If you read your world history that hasn't been americanized, you'll see that the slave trade was alive and well in Africa even before we got there. Women were seen as the same the world over. You can't free a person that you don't see as a person.

Now, the way it is now, eh, not so much. good luck in your ventures. can I have your stuff when you leave?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I belive that when someone really loves their natal country, they should stay there and try to help on making little changes for the betterment of the society as whole- or in the other hand, adapt to the present circumstances.

Running away, it's not an option, especially when there's real devotion for the land one was born.

It's a matter of heart-

I don't live in the US, and I'm aware of it's problems, HOWEVER- I for the most part, think it's a wonderful nation.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

And one more thing I forgot to mention.
Do you really have that grand of an opinion of yourself that you think I need to know your thoughts about my major?
You must think you really are that special.
I'm supposed to be like "oh, no! Amyfriend thinks my Romance Language Major is silly, NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!")

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I spent 2 weeks in Ireland last year and it was a miracle if I went to a toilet that had toilet paper in there, and actually flushed! Oh, I had nice 2 minute hot showers before the water started to get unbearably cold!

I heard England is no different.

Are you saying that a village in Ireland is indicative of the rest of Europe? (I say village as a guess. Dublin, for example, is a very modern and well appointed city full of very vibrant young, intelligent people. There's some villages further south that are very lacking..I apologize if I am wrong, but it's the point that matters.)

Can I use, say, Fresno as the benchmark for all the USA? I went to a house there that had a bad smell. I hear Texas is the same.....!!!!

"I heard England is no different." From whom? Let me guess. Someone in Ireland who didn't have good plumbing. I'm sure they have nothing but nice things to say about England, the English and their 'soft' ways.

Well, I heard that everyone in Mississippi has three heads. Is that true? Well, I've never been there, so I may as well believe what I have heard! What a surprise it would be for me to go there and the people only had one.

I've been fortunate in that I traveled a lot in Europe as a younger man. I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.

England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland, Malta, Spain, Greece, Austria, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Vatican, San Marino, etc.

I've only seen about ten States in the USA. I want to see more.

Of these places I've seen, which is the 'best'?
Well, they are all very different. Not better. Not worse. Different. Same goes for the people.

Unless you have experienced more than just one place, you can't really comment on the whole continent. Kudos to the OP for getting out there and seeing what else there is. Sure you may have a WalMart just a few blocks away (not that you'd ever walk there), and you have a basement full of guns, but are you sure that's the best life has to offer?

Unless you saw something on Fox news. In that case, I'm sure it's all true.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by alyosha1981

I don't understand what I'm supposed to ask the vets.
And I was never making any race related point about slavery.
Just that America being founded on it along with several other atrocities was not a very good begining.

If everthing stayed the way the country was founded upon, I think we'd be a lot better off. Certain groups in the country want SPECIAL rights, not EQUAL rights. I'd just assume them not have any as they are bringing my group of people down. I'd rather see some other race in the toilet rather than mine own. Go ahead, call me racist. You know you agree, no matter what race you are.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I guess I should have conveyed that I was a white guy?

Maybe you should realize then that you are the evil that you are running away from.

Good job. You get to take your evil white face to Europe where all of the evil white immigrants who created the US came from.

Are you sure you thought this whole thing through?

You know they don't actually see self loathing as a job skill in Europe.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Are the Europeans even interested in America, I mean in more than McDonald's and rock music? What does America offer Europe or the rest of the world these days? (though I do like McDonald's and rock music)

Could not read through all those nine pages right now, it's late at night here. But as I guess, there are many post full of hate, as usual, since you forgot to put out the American flag in your first post.

No, I don't like McDonald's at all and I never go there - I even don't know anybody who likes to go there. Rock Music is very good, but usually the British are better than the Americans.

There is no problem to go your own way and I don't know any other "free" country, where they threaten you with the opinion of the universal soldiers, if you like to go and learn.

It is an old tradtion to go out into the world and learn. Reading here, I sometimes get the impression, that there is a big wall around the USA. In my imagination there is a big "No Smoking!"-sign at the entrance. If you want to get in, they take your fingerprints and if you want to get out, they kick you into your ass.

Just imagination, of course. I never tried to get in. But somehow I feel that I would not be welcome anyway.

You are welcome over here. And if you don't mind to make a session with a living room musician, then come by and let's rock!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Agreed RiverGoddess. I want that clean food, water, and air.
The man really just does whatever the hell he wants to with Americans. It's sad really. Sad that the Man does that and sad that people don't see it or don't care to see it.
I see it.

...yeah....its only Americans polluting this planet.

Use your scapegoats...whatever makes you feel better about your own equally messed up surroundings.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I share your feelings on this one and have felt this way for some time. All i have is the desire to "escape" but i do not posses the means. I'm sure there are a myriad of problems european life as well but they do not seem to be spiraling towards imminent doom as we all feel. Hell we should all go and start our own country.
Europe or bust.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sounds like a great trip and I hope you have fun. But while you're in Europe, remember Myrdal and the "American Delimma," the disconnect that has always been and will always be with America between our radical ideals of liberty and equality and the often dark character of our politics. Also, keep in mind that while Myrdal was studying this problem in America millions of Jews were being exterminated in Europe. And remember that soon after the American political process, courts, freedom of speech, and many other guarantees laid out by our founders worked to peaceably resolve the American Delimma.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Call me kooky, but does this really need 9 pages of comments?

Hey you wanna to live in another Country, have fun. Enjoy, see the sites, learn all there is, and live like a local.

But why the drama mamma antics? Why not a thread stating something like "Guess what ATS'rs.. I have decided to embark on a grand adventure! I am planning to move to Europe!"

Why go into the "woe as me.. America sucks, I shall live amongst the gypsies" trip?

Not trying to be mean, just quite curios

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

And one more key thing to remember:

Most of our ancestors worked very hard and were willing to or actually did sacrifice everything to get away from europe and come to America.

Did europe somehow manage to turn it all around - with 2 world wars started there, plus the holocaust and then more recently the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans - or are you wearing "rose colored glasses"?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm moving out of America as soon as I can. I'm unhappy here, and I believe that real freedom may be found elsewhere.

My dad donated 4 dollars a week for 25 years to a charity that helps needy families. He lost his job and my mom was unemployed. When we were our poorest my father asked for help from that charity and they simply declined him right there. He had to file bankruptcy and sell his hotrod, guns, and just about everything we owned including the pool.

I lost a little bit of love for the country when I was harassed and detained by the Department of Homeland security when I made a wrong turn in Detroit. I was thinking here I am being interrogated... me - who has never did drugs or committed any crimes in my life but simply because I have tattoos they call me a terrorist. Don't worry about the thousands of criminals that stream across the southern border every night.

Lets face it, the government has it out for their own citizens, even killing 3000 of their own on 9-11. This country is dangerous and I don't feel like still being on this rollercoaster when it finally crashes into the ground.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Lets face it, the government has it out for their own citizens, even killing 3000 of their own on 9-11. This country is dangerous and I don't feel like still being on this rollercoaster when it finally crashes into the ground.

IMO, europe, or any other country can have all the nutcases who believe this theory that they can take.

BTW, did you realize that not long after you move to europe, it may become known as the "caliphate of europe"? Hope I'm on the immigration board when you frantically try to move back ...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I love it when all the peeps get all involved about saying this and that about vets dying for our freedom .I thank the vets for doing this so I can have the Freedom to go where I please!!

Good luck ....Need a Drummer?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
well im brazilian so i have a place to go in a few years... tons of my friends have already made the move leaving me behind =/

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Might I suggest Israel. I hear it's lovely this time of year. Or perhaps you will be happier in Darfur?

Anywho, hope the door doesn't hit you in the behind on your way out.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
IMO, europe, or any other country can have all the nutcases who believe this theory that they can take.

BTW, did you realize that not long after you move to europe, it may become known as the "caliphate of europe"? Hope I'm on the immigration board when you frantically try to move back ...

Do you know, that you sound as if you don't even know, that Europe is not a country?
This does not make you look as an expert and you don't do a favour to your fellow countymen, when you try to present the knowledge about our continent.

"Caliphate of Europe"? Read a little and maybe you can avoid some of your nightmares.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The very fact that you have admitted leaving America due to your views on liberty and so on will likely see you placed on the "potential terrorist" watchlist and therefore you would be going nowhere.

Instead of leaving why dont you gut up and do what it takes to make it a place you want it to be while you still have the means to do so?

It's not perfect and it never was, but running away from it will doom it forever. Leaving is a cop out, How do you think things are going to be any better in a 'Union" which is a good way further down the rat hole than we are right now?

At least we have the ability to see how things have transpired in other countries and can attempt to counteract them when we see them rearing their ugly heads here.

I dont know if we have what it takes to do what must be done, but I know a good many people around the world sure hope we do, becuause if America falls so does the world. Thats not my shortsighted opinion, this comes from discussions with a great many people around the world.

Many people are waiting on baited breath to see what "we" finally do. If your answer is indicative of the general consensus then you will dash the hopes of all and bring dishonor to those who fought to make this a better place, because wether or not it was ever true there were still people who believed in this country, I only hope we still do.

Be the change you want to see. Make it happen, or leave us to do it for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join