It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Man I think that's great. I will be happy to strum some tunes for you some time some where.
I'm sort of speechless , man.
Though I think that's incredible !

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm new to ATS so I hope this isn't a repeat post. Please watch this video. I can't believe what is happening!

EVEN CNN IS GETTING UPSET ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!! Pass this on after you watch it. NOTICE THAT THIS IS FROM CNN, NOT FOX!!!

This from CNN news:

d.yimg.com...

This 2-minute video should be mandatory viewing for every US citizen. If you have never passed anything on before, pass this on! Every American should be outraged!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm new to ATS so I hope this isn't a repeat post. Please watch this video. I can't believe what is happening!

EVEN CNN IS GETTING UPSET ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!! Pass this on after you watch it. NOTICE THAT THIS IS FROM CNN, NOT FOX!!!

This from CNN news:

d.yimg.com...

This 2-minute video should be mandatory viewing for every US citizen. If you have never passed anything on before, pass this on! Every American should be outraged!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Although you have points that I certainly agree with, believe me when I tell you...there are better places/countries to live who actually have a more realistic form of democracy and capitalism. America wasn't the first to come up with these tenets. I also think that you forget the fact that many come here because they are seeking "refuge" from other places. Its pretty hard for other countries to extradite if American politicians aren't willing to play ball.

I could go on and on, but, it is rather useless in a forum such as this. And contrary to popular belief...America isn't the only "Superpower" anymore. Someone will be pulling that card soon and it won't be the prettiest thing in the world when it happens.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As they say: "The grass is always greener on the other side."

No country is perfect. There's always going to be something you won't like after a while.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

I do hope this reference on my thread to being shot in the back is metaphorical.
Otherwise it would involve lawyers which would open an investigation into the poster making a reference in order to find out whether the statement was in fact metaphorical.
If not then such a comment could lead to say, a lawyer requesting the names and addresses of said persons involved in order to present specific types of papers .
The latter of course is only if that wasn't metaphorical.
Regardless being shot in the back is not something I want even mentioned on this thread no matter who it is directed toward.
Hope you have a nice day

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The phrase 'Proud American Ashamed Of His Government' comes to mind. Good luck in your travels.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Agreed RiverGoddess. I want that clean food, water, and air.
The man really just does whatever the hell he wants to with Americans. It's sad really. Sad that the Man does that and sad that people don't see it or don't care to see it.
I see it.

Yeah - have fun trying to find clean water in Mexico. I doubt you'll have time to get sick before being kidnapped by the drug cartels. Never mind, you'll get lung cancer from breathing the air in Mexico City.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have always wanted to see ireland and scotland and france. Even Tahiti sounds exciting. But mostly I would like to see places that are little if ever visited.

I have traveled all over the North American Continent but never to Alaska and of course not hawaii.

I believe that the appearances that are presenting in the world are old thoughts and behaviors coming to the top to be lopped off. I do not believe anyone has power over us, unless we give it to them by our beliefs.

All slavery and other forms of oppression are simply mans attempt to control the world based on their own misinterratation of reality.

I believe we can stop and change what is appearing on the worlds screen and that we can do it without firing a shot. I at least will do what I know to be true and that which i wish for myself I know I wish for all, so I desire only good and greater good and I claim my freedom now.

If I believe that all of those supposed things are real and America is doomed, my belief will follow me and I will find the same whereever I go.

I would also like to visit Easter Island.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
All peoples should be proud of there Countries and who they are.

If America is broken...... running is the wrong thing to do it sounds as you are only thinking of self.

All true loving Americans need to stand together and attempt to right the wrongs that have been committed by the Elitist in a peaceful way.

Many Countries have Leaders that are bad, they use fear to control and you all should realize we have the numbers on our side to end there reigns whenever we choose to stand together and end this madness.

We can do this peacefully buy just firing them, we in America hired them we can fire them.

People have to stand together as I said, they are afraid of us so this is why they keep us in fear with Epidemics and anything horrific they can come up with.

To be honest I feel sad that you are not a proud American and rather run then stand together with your American family.

God Bless America

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I have been toying with the idea of where to go when TSHTF! Funny thing is all these people making these "go away & you are not white & shut up" comments are the very ones who are screaming either about the government being run by a black man so it's not their country and or they are going to be killed for the NWO. My problem with that is this: Either you believe that there is something wrong here in America or you are just here to cause confusion.
So I guess I agree with you on looking for an out because I plan on surviving this man made mess! And to you the "go back" people, and I know you'll chime in, WHY DONT YOU? If you are not Native American (Indian) then you were from somewhere also. And if you sprang up from the ground, you are a reptile and we need your location. wink wink, nudge, nudge.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Nobody wants to pry you out of Louisiana , not even at gunpoint.
And you're right Louisiana does have all of those amazing things.
Unfortunately for Louisiana they have you, dude.
They have everything going for them except for the fact that they have you there.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Well you know France is not better than america. I don t know for spain though.And leave your country without fighting is not the way to go.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

amyfriend, you are quite the friend to your fellow human.
Ya know what? Please don't keep your fingers crossed for me.
You obviously have so many wires crossed already in that head of yours.
Don't do anything that involves me.
Don't cross your fingers for me. And don't even think about me.
You can keep your negative vibes to yourself or you can take them to North Korea if you want to since you are so interested in the place.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You may not find yourself somewhere better, but you may find yourself in a place that feels like it's on the way up, rather than on the way down: like the U.S.. Let me make a suggestion, try not to look at everything as black and white: America good. Europe bad.
It's an easy mistake to make. Globalization means the world isn't quite as different as it once was anyway. The answer might not be in leaving the U.S. forever, but it might be good to live differently among other types of people for awhile. Try it out. Flirt with a different life. Keep your sense of humor. You'll need it if you find yourself living over a Pizza Hut in some part of Paris.

I find it much easier to meet people in other places. I make friends elsewhere more easily. Now to be fair, sometimes things are easier when you are on a trip. There is probably a tendency to talk to strangers more when you yourself are the stranger. Even with that taken into consideration. I think there is something missing here in the U.S. that you might find more easily elsewhere. It's a warmth among the people. Of course I'm generalizing a good bit, but overall I believe this is true.

Already you've got an offer to stay from someone in Belgium. And you know what? That isn't some phoney-baloney offer either. That guy means it. My friends here in the U.S. don't have time for me anymore. I think practically everything is defined here by money. I made more friendships in parts of Europe in one week than I have over thirty odd years here in the U.S..

I also live in Georgia, my experience is that people here are quite cold. While there is a strong emphasis on being friendly when you first meet someone, all this southern hospitality rarely translates into any type of true sense of friendship. If you are of college age, you are fortunate to be surrounded by some variety as far as people.

It's also very possible that you move to Europe and realize that you would like to live there, but maybe just three months a year for the next ten years. Then you might come back and be happy here, but I doubt it. But who knows? At that point, you might check out parts of South America. While Venezuela is dangerous, I've read that a Caribbean island called Margarita off the coast of Venezuela is quite a wonderful place to hangout/live for awhile. Although, it's so hard to keep track of where the U.S. Is going to go war next, and things may become less desirable if the U.S. starts trying to spread “democracy and freedom” in South America again. There is a sense that we are on the verge of something cataclysmic here in the U.S.. But lets assume that some awful event like a complete and total devaluation of our money to zero never occurs. I think it's pretty fair to say that what we are looking at ahead is a future in the U.S. In which each year is just a little worse than the last. I could be wrong, but I don't see things changing in any of our lifetimes here for the better.

There is so much systemic corruption here. The people pay the taxes, and the corporations make the decisions. Perhaps Americans wouldn't be so wary of taxes if they ever got anything from paying them. Sadly life in the U.S. could still be great if all of our money weren't directed toward black op assassinations, false flag terrorism and ridiculous wars. There are trillions of dollars missing, but don't hold your breath for anything to change.

Somebody suggested going to Buenos Aires, that is a great idea. I loved it. Wherever you go, enjoy the large cities. Personally many of my best experiences have been through getting out of the big destination city(ies) itself/themselves. Take it all in stride.

I think the people that are saying that you'll be in for a big surprise and come back with your tail between your legs are essentially reading from an old script that just about all of us have had programmed into us since day 1. 10.2 percent unemployment or more realistically 17.5 percent unemployment hardly sounds like the promised land to me.
Go and travel. I doubt you'll be missing out on much here. But you can always return.

When empires fail, it is natural to want to leave. America isn't the only game in town.
As far as all this guilt you are supposed to feel for the soldiers that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's not your fault. The soldiers sent weren't sent there to protect your freedom. They were sent there to protect pipelines and opium. Unfortunately telling the truth isn't necessarily a great way to gin up recruitment quotas for the oil and opium wars overseas.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by afterschoolfun

No country is perfect. There's always going to be something you won't like after a while.

Which is why I've learned to try to change things from within - one way or another rather than turning tail and running.

But hey, the younger generations seem to have learned to expect everything to be just handed to them and that someone else will take care of life's troubles (hence their support for government healthcare). In other words, maybe they have just never grown up. The OP seems to believe that he should be allowed to just live life , playing the guitar, etc. without there ever being any sort of struggles to have to work through ON HIS OWN. Guess what, life presents struggles the entire time you are alive. Your adult life will not be like years of the summer vacations ...

Sorry to have to burst the OP's bubble ...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You should go wherever makes you happy. If America isn't doing it for you, then go somewhere else.
Good luck, though I have a feeling you're not really going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
OK so I will admit I did not read this whole thread. I read the opening post and it is that to which I reply.

From your post, I see that you will continue to take advantage of all this country has to offer for at least another two years. At which point in time you will avail yourself of all that you have taken from this country in foreign lands where you will decry our Nation as a "losing battle". Hmm. Interesting.

How about this instead?

GET OUT NOW!

YOU are a big part of the problem in this country. Take, take, take. What do you give back? Do you use what you have taken to try and make this a better place? Do you pound the drum for all to hear telling of what this country has given you? NO. You flee. Coward. You run and claim to be better than everyone who made you what you are. You disgust me. You are no better than an illegal immigrant living off the citizens of our great land, sending everything back to their homeland (why'd they leave in the first place??) and decrying everything about this land that now provides for them.

PLEASE, when you go send me a message so that I may rejoice in your absence.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
At last count I've been to 71 countries - some only for a few days, others I've lived in for months or years. I've loved something about every one of those places. I've often thought I could live the rest of my life in many of those places, particularly Scotland which I loved very much (though I am a bit biased since I am of Scottish descent). However, after a while I am always happy to get back to the good ole US of A. The grass truly is greener on the other side. When I get there and look back, I'll be damned if the grass isn't greener where I just came from. I do believe you can find happiness anywhere in the world, but I won't be surprised if you eventually come back home.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by afterschoolfun

Which is why I've learned to try to change things from within - one way or another rather than turning tail and running.

But hey, the younger generations seem to have learned to expect everything to be just handed to them and that someone else will take care of life's troubles (hence their support for government healthcare). In other words, maybe they have just never grown up. The OP seems to believe that he should be allowed to just live life , playing the guitar, etc. without there ever being any sort of struggles to have to work through ON HIS OWN. Guess what, life presents struggles the entire time you are alive. Your adult life will not be like years of the summer vacations ...

Sorry to have to burst the OP's bubble ...

Bless you, sir, and your wisdom. Work ethic is lacking in this country. We have had things too easy for too long. Earn your keep, that's how I was raised. Our country is NOT perfect, but it will never get better if we do not strive to improve it. The OP would do well to look into the history of these countries he dreams so fondly of....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join