It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
So America was doomed from the start with such a foundation.

Don't you think if the elites can penetrate through the armor and minds of Americans, that It would be far more easier and compelling to do so else where?

I am afraid your happiness would only last for a short time, the world isn't perfect; you can't escape it; face it; be strong, through time only good prevail.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
Here is a good saying that applies to you.::
Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out. Good Riddance to those who would not stay and fight for this country!

Another one might be..

"Don't go away angry, just go away."

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by ANNED

I have spent years teaching English to Mexican Immigrants whom I worked with in the restaurant industry. I always taught them for free and more than 90% of them had arrived here illegally. I know for a fact that they don't need my papers or my passport. Besides I need those, *SNIP*

Mod-Note: Personal Insult Removed.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

Not to be crass, but I will actually pay for your ticket if you'll give me an address. People like you are what is wrong with America. How dare you talk poorly about our country, then openly admit to supporting felons. You have a serious case of white guilt that has been instilled in you by TPTB that you need to think about and consider.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I'm confuzzled why you're directing your comments to me ... I haven't mentioned Islam.

I know I'm confounding expectation by being nice to an American contributor, but I think the OP's is a great idea, travelling the world, meeting up with new people, engaging with different cultures, broadening his horizons. I'm all for it.

My only concern is that he may wish to return to the USA one day and that he should keep his options open.

As to people saying good riddance etc ... that's a bit mean spirited. Can't we just wish him well on his journey ?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

The world was a pretty dark place prior to America's founding. Yeah, blacks and women didn't have rights, but there were similar atrocities in the rest of the world. And citing women's rights as a fault with America is pretty ignorant - this was an issue WITH THE WHOLE WORLD. While liberal thought didn't originate in America, it sparked the flame and exported the light to the world - without it we could still very well have kings and emporers running the world.

I spend about 1/3 of my time in Europe for work, and I can tell you they have problems there too. They are much more racist than America (ask an Italian about the Roma for instance), and overtaxed (Germans are in a state of constant complaint about their taxes and byzantine bureaucracy).

One thing they do get right is culture - I love eating, going to museums, operas, and in general soaking in the ancient architecture. A nice change of pace from the suburban strip mall...but again, not everwhere is downtown Munich in Europe. They have their hicks and their provincial backwaters too, just like in the US we have NYC and rural Louisiana.

But hey, if you wanna go, go. It will be a growing experience if nothing else, but I'd wager you'd be back (most American expatriots do come back, more than visa-versa).

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

BYE, if your not part of the solution, YOUR PART OF THE PROBLEM!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Good riddance.

amen..

It doesn't matter where you go on this earth as we are all part of it, but if you go because of your op then it's the wrong reason.

It doesn't really matter what job or industry you work in, what matters is what you do with your life.
What you plan to do is run and hide in another land with intent to frolic.
so weak and you will regret it later when you become wiser.

b

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Most Europeans have some interest in America - it is the world's top major superpower. America is not discriminating racially now, everyone was made equal 1964-1968 ish - votes, housing laws changed different dates. So the USA has been an equal, non racist country for 40 years, no need to leave for that reason. If you do come to Europe, enjoy your stay

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
OP I wish you the best of luck. Get a look at the rest of world, see as much as you can. As for your views on America, Well I can see where you are coming from. I've served this country and done some traveling, while traveling I always looked forward to coming home. However we have become something I am not proud of in recent years. Wars fought on lies, Corporations running the show in everything but name, the continued fight by many to supress the rights of others.

Yes indeed travel and see the world, make an informed decision. America is certainly not the be-all of the world many like to pretend that it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good luck! The New World Order will apply to all countries, not just America. You will not be able to hide from the Tyranny. Why don't you stay and fight instead? Tyranny is stopped by willful citizens, not people that run away!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
have you been to Europe before? they actually are very skimpy with heat, plumbing, electricity and toilet paper, napkins... you'll be surprised how spoiled you are with things you take for granted everyday if you spend a week or so in Europe.

I spent 2 weeks in Ireland last year and it was a miracle if I went to a toilet that had toilet paper in there, and actually flushed! Oh, I had nice 2 minute hot showers before the water started to get unbearably cold!

I heard England is no different.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Pretty harsh advice you give considering the ops words below.

As a citizen of this country I feel it is my duty to leave here with a respect for the nation that raised me and with a sense of peace.

He is making a free decision to leave. Isn't that what America is about?

On top of that he is leaving with respect, not hatred for this country. What more can be asked of this gentleman.

I wish him the best and that he may enjoy the other cultures and places he encounters.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
[edit on 11/9/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Courtesy Is Mandatory

If you can't be civil and discuss this, you could be warned and Post Banned.

Please play nice.

Thanks,

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
*edit*
*let's place nice, Ulala, let's play nice*

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Ulala]

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
self loathing and running away is a solution? lol

seriously, you talk a lot without saying much more than poor me, i hate this place and i'm hoping to somehow find a utopian land instead of actively participating in the building of a solid society by being a solid citizen.

good luck to you on your travels and keep in mind, "the grass is not greener."

i think you would better serve yourself to find out what your personal power is and employ that in the best way possible to reverse the inequities you don't like and to cultivate those traits in yourself that you admire most in others.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
See ya. Oh and when we revolt and good conquers evil, feel free to not come back.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Europe? Come on, you can do better than that. You think Europe is some utopia?
Good luck with your fantasy life strumming your guitar in Europe, I am sure you will fit right in.

No arguing that America is broken at the moment. I love my country and choose to stick around and help fix things rather then turn tail and run. The winds of revolt are blowing in America, interesting times are ahead and I will stay to be part of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join