It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You can come to Australia.Its a loverly country.And when America falls in 2012 ,Australia will be there with open arms to greet all thoses American refugees from the disaster zone.Australia will be the next greatest power on earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I hardly plan on wandering around and enjoying life just playing my guitar.
I plan on working in the wine industry. I know a bit about it and I plan on finding the best of it in the countryside of Europe , using my people and language skills, and working with buyers here in America. I'm just going to be spending most of my time in Europe.
And why are you talking to me about suffering? To try and spin this thread?
I've known suffering. I've tasted sorrow from a very early age. It still resonates with me though my pain is now my servant.
And what missions do you propose I go on?
What religion do you serve that has convinced you you should ask me that?
I also am writing albums.
And who are you to suggest that I might not even make it back?
You don't know me, so I won't take offense to that.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well if you come to Europe and need a place to rest in Belgium (not France but we speak french too), you can count on me. I would be glad to help you.

As for what I think about the U.S. : I love Americans, but I hate the american political system. Most Americans still believe they live in a democracy and will defend their system. But the truth is that Huxley was right ; the brave new world exists and it is the U.S.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Perhaps down under is the place for me. I could still work in wine

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Thank you space. The same goes for you if you want to visit Georgia. It's American/English we all speak here though it sounds real funny. And people use the word ya'll a whole lot. And up in the mountains of North Georgia there is a terrible word called "youins"
Literally: you-uns.
It means the same thing as ya'll. You all.
But it is the combination of the words "you ones" as in "you ones over there" turns into
Youns over thar.
People sound really weird here

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Perhaps down under is the place for me. I could still work in wine

Aus is a great place mate. We have the luxury of being as far away as is humanly possible from all the crap going down in this world. A move to Australia would be the best move you ever make.

IRM

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Well, its sad that you feel the way you do about your home, but I would be naive to think, that others don't echo your sentiments at this present juncture in US history. Lets face it, their is something sinister in the winds, and who knows what it is, but many walk around with that sharp feeling in their guts. It is like the feeling a horse gets before entering the glue factory as was the practice years ago. A feeling of dread and helplessness.

However, this is my home, good or bad. I was born and reared here. My ancestors fled Europe, and I have listened and learned from their accounts of the Old Country, and I would be doing a disservice to them by leaving the country they called home.

They spoke of property ownership restrictions, relatives who suffered under the Nazi and Soviet oppressors in Eastern Europe, subjugation under the British in Ireland and the Potato Famine during the 19th century, chronic lack of work, food shortages, and a whole myriad of social misfortunes in the European system at that time. They thought this was the only place their families could come to get a fair shake and a chance at upward mobility. I learned about these things from my grandparents who were, then, first generation in this country and I am now third. They complained like we do now, they suffered under the Great Depression, some had to scavenge for food in dumpsters during that time, some lined up at laboring jobs just to be sent home, while others were taken with no explanation as to why they were selected, another road the rails as hobo around the country, working, whenever possible, then they fought in WWII bringing back with them the sting of war that never left their subconscious mind, racism due to their religions and immigrant status, and other trials.

It was a different time, but we face trials as they did, right now. Who are we to moan, groan, and complain, and just up and run when things get hard, when our ancestors stood up to the problems of their day as we must do today? In my humble opinion, we must follow their lead and stand up to the injustices and tribulations before us, as they did.

On paper, this is still one of the finest countries in the world, but in practice, it leaves less to be desired at times. In any human experiment, there is always failure and mistakes to be made. That is the case in this country as well as any you may visit on your travels, abroad, in the near future. By all means, see the world, because every young person should, however, don't forget where home is. I have seen many parts of the world, and still, this is home, for good or bad. Trust me, I having the same feelings as you. May you have fair winds and following seas on your travels. Good Luck!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Good luck to you, then. I hope you find what you're looking for. Something tells me, though, that you might now.

I did what you're contemplating. The US was all messed up, so I up and left. Then I came back. I found out that, messed up as the US is - and oh, is it a mess! - other places aren't any better. In fact, they're even more messed up than we are. I also found that a lot of the problems I thought were with the US were actually with me, so of course they followed me wherever I went.

Your experience may be different. You might choose a better location, or have less baggage to take along with you. The reasons it didn't work for me, may not apply to you. If so, then goodbye and God bless.

But just in case, I recommend that you not burn any bridges. Don't renounce your US citizenship until you have been in your new country long enough to know it well. Keep the door open, just in case things don't work out. Best of luck, whatever you do.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
CAN I HAV UR STUFF?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
CAN I HAV UR STUFF?

First laugh of the day. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
[edit on 9-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What you are saying resonates with me, man. It is something I will seriously contemplate.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow, just look at all the self-righteous "Patriotism" in this thread!

People, the guy's fed up with America, get over it. It's not a personal attack on you as a person. Why do you all have to take things so poorly?
Do you really still believe America is so amazing?

Patriotism is the pride one has in their people, not a flag, not a president, not a celebrity culture or fast-food chain.
So why do you all act like it's a massive insult for one young man to decide he no longer wants to live there?

Grow up people. You lost any sense of "Freedom" when you allowed (and continue to allow) the Patriot Act.

And OP, I'd gladly leave this country and go to Australia. I'm convinced that our leaders are ignoring important issues and that this is feeding a rise in the far-right political spectrum.
Ten years ago none of us would ever have expected the BNP to have gained any ground, and now look.

We've forgotten some horrific parts of European history, and the actions of our current governments are forcing uneducated people to make their voting decisions out of spite and frustration.
We're already living under a false democracy, where government grows larger, where meddling becomes the norm, where suspicion of everyone for something or the other is accepted.
All it'll take is a vote at the wrong time, with a well-placed scandal, and before you know it Britain is ruled by a Nazi regime, with all the machines in place to hunt down and murder any "undesirables".

I'm taking it that seriously. If opinion polls start to show the BNP gaining in England, I'm going to be ensuring I'm out of the country by the time the next election comes around.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Are there other Americans like me who love this place but cannot stand to see what has become of it and are getting ready to leave? Or have already left?

I have often wondered what it would be like to live in another country. I do love the US. With a good job,one that you can be happy doing, and a good woman, I see no reason I could not be happy living elsewhere. Living a much simpler existence without all the hustle and hurring. I guess it depends on what makes you/me happy. I`d say go for it. You can`t blame a man for trying to better his life!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I appreciate that you resonate with the way that I feel.
I empathize with the suffering that your family went through.
For some reason suffering is a part of the human experience.
It is not easily understood and every poet, philosopher, writer, songwriter and religion of the world since the dawn of man has tried to make sense of it. It is what it is , so it has to be dealt with.
Thank you for the positive energy you've sent my way.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Good luck!
I don't blame you.
This country is full of greedy, compassionless a-holes.
Trouble is, it's now so ingrained it is considered normal.

Better you leave now then get turned into one too.
It happens.
Maybe you can get health care without having to declare medical bankruptcy! Keep us informed!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

I think it's great you went and did that. I would be interested to hear some more about your travels.
I have also travelled before for the wrong reasons. I once moved west to Colorado and then on to LA. I loved the freedom of it though I remember the feeling of wanting to get away from something.
This time it is different. I'm moving toward what I want. I'm no longer fleeing.
I appreciate that vibe, chiron.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

That is really funny.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not yet old, but not as young as before. Thanks for the support.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thank you, detached. You are much more connected than your screen name lets on

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join