It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
It will be a couple of years before I leave America, but when I do it will be to spend the majority of my life in Europe.

Please go now. My mother-in-law became politically disgusted with the previous administration and left with her husband to go live in France and get away from all this "horrible" poliitical mess. Guess what...after a couple of years in the land of the French she realized how things are not so great on the other side of the pond.

Now they are back with their tails between their legs and realizing that while things may not be perfect here, they are not nearly as hopeless as they tried to make them out to be before they left.

So...good luck with that. Hope its all you want it to be because its so clear that central Europe is nirvana and has no issues either with the economy, politics, etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You show a breath taking ignorance of American history.

I suppose it is all that can be expected from a Slacker Generation so-called American who were raised on a diet of propaganda against the Anglo-Protestant MEN that invented this country.

For all your doubts and hatred, Why do you refuse to doubt the lies taught you by the interlopers and greedy that would take what my family built - without claim?

reply to post by dragonsmusic

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well there is American society and then there is "american" society. How can you generalize about 250,000,000 (legal and authentic) people?

There is the America of the Pilgrim fathers, which still largely exists in the Mid-Atlantic and New England states (away from the cities) whose ancestors were attracted here to worship the Almighty God free from interference of the State.

and there is the "Land Where the Streets They Are A-paved Widda Go-uld!" America of "Huddled Masses Yearning to Breathe Free[ly] fame, that is nothing more than a cess-pool of various peasants attracted here to worship the Almighty Buck free from interference of the State.

The peasants won the argument by their sheer numbers, since we stupidly gave them a vote.

But do not DARE call this abomination "America". It is nothing more than an ugly reproduction of the feeble memory of a peasant's lust for what he did not have.

Originally posted by Franz

And in our neighbour country: Finland - they have one of the freest gun laws in the world! - and when I lived in Switzerland everyone had their assault rifles at home - often hanging easy accessible on the wall

Aren't all Swiss people members of the Swiss army by definition, or something?

You have to bear in mind the nature of a society. Switzerland and America couldn't be more different: America is a highly individualistic, loose society; Switzerland is probably the most voluntarily law abiding society in the world.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Franz]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I agree that there is no place like home. I want to reply by saying that I never planned on leaving my home for good. In my thread I wrote that I would spend the majority of my time in Europe.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"Your country does not give a jack about you"
That was well said and I appreciate your thoughts here.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Thank you very much, doda.
Your sense of humor is fantastic.
And your insight has definitely clarified a lot of things for me about why these flamers went all apes$#t.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

"something bad is going to happen"

Man it must have taken divine insight on your part to make that prediction.
And you must be so incredibly positive in your own life to have posted such dribble.
Don't ill-wish me again , jack.
And the reason I answer to the haters is because of how if feels.
For some their ignorance and fear is so blatant and their insecurities so obvious that it's astounding they all joined a website with the theme of Deny Ignorance as the motto.
So many amazing people posted so many incredible things on this thread. But the majority spent their time in judgment, fear, and jealousy.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

What negative things did I mention that people don't already know about? It was not some new found truth.
And how did I praise Europe?
I wrote about longing with respect to a certain style of music in a certain place in the world in terms of experiencing it.
And you were and still are doing the Freud dance , you're just not seeing it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

If you love this country though and what it was based on, then you should do what you can to change it. Joining sites like this is a great step

You are suggesting that joining a site like this one is a great step toward doing what I can to change my country.

Did you read all the comments on this thread? Some were amazing, but most were just closed- minded fear- based drivel flying from posters here on this thread.
The foam and spittle would be flying off of their mouths if they were speaking instead of writing.
You think people like that are going to change ever?
You think joining ATS is a way to change your country after the way the majority of their members just acted on this thread?
I have learned a lesson that you would be wise to learn.
Some of the people on the ATS are extraordinary in that they are empathetic, open-minded, and free. But the majority of them are terrified ignorant sheople who's delicate worlds were shattered by the words of one dragonsmusic.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've contemplated it to brother, but we need to stand tall for America.
If you knew someone was going to burglerize your house tonight,
would you leave? No, you'd lay low waiting. If it happens your prepared if not oh well your still alive!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

A most excellent decision.

I'd help you pack, but too busy working and making things happen as opposed to whining about things long past.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I doubt you have been to all the states...Why don't you try being a folk singer in your native land instead of failing somewhere else? Europe has enough aspiring folk failures they don't need you.

America needs a good dissident whiny liberal rocker...In fact you should stay here and be as politically incorrect as possible. Do you think Kerouac or Ginsberg simply went to another country and found salvation...

Stay and put up a good fight. Others are not going to embrace you simply for being angry at a nation.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

It is a country which claimed to be founded on freedom, but it stomped out the essence of freedom when it enslaved the black man, slaughtered the red man, and kept the white woman at home, both jobless and without voting powers.
but when I do it will be to spend the majority of my life in Europe.

You do realize Europe has an even worse history right?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I hear you america is on the decline,but of whos fault? This is a democracy for the people run by the people. nobody stands up anymore they are to lazy sitting in front of there tvs or comp. You are right everything we fought for to gain independence from the british such as high taxes freedom of religon is now seeming to come right back on us. But its are own fault we are letting this happen. we need to stand up in masses unify and get answers its the only way to fix things or with the way history reapeats itself America will have a very gloomy future. let me here your feedback.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
People you want all these answers to conspiracies,area 51,ufos,taxes,etc.etc. Well stop talking on here or on your cell phone about this stuff. We live in a democracy for the people run by the people. We have a right to march a million man and women protest right to the front gates of area 51 and demand info. Are we in danger why such secrecy we have the right to know. where excaxtly do all are taxes go? many things we have asked for years isnt it time we use our democratic rights and get some real concrete answers,with no more fabricated stories this is our country the people of the United States of America we run this machine without us you are nothing.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You crazy hippie. I love you. And yes, you were right, I did get that uncomfortable feeling while reading the mean spirited posts. I am impressed though.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sassafras

crazy hippy ?
that is funny , baby.
I told you not to come on here and read this, knowing you wouldn't like what all the dou@#bags had to say, but you don't listen , do you sassafras
?

I'm glad you are impressed. I am impressed with all the extraordinary stories , experiences, and wisdom that was shared with me on this thread.
I'm not disappointed or even hurt by the ramblings of such ignorant human beings like the ones that gave me sh$% on this thread.

They are shaking and quaking in their unstable worlds and I pity them not.
It is their choice to be the way they are. I will keep all of those fu#$ers filed away under problems that are not mine.

Welcome to the ATS, sweetheart.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

My visa just came through and I'm heading for the UK permanently in a few weeks...I'm marrying my boyfriend who's a British citizen and settling down over there. I must say, I was born and raised here in America, and I love her, but I hate what has happened to her...It doesn't feel like the America I gew up in, and it certainly doesn't seem like the America the forefathers intended...I don't know, it feels broken for lack of better term. The whole world feels broken for that matter... I will miss some things, (mostly Dunkin Donuts, the UK doesn't have any of those that I have seen, and live NFL Sunday afternoons) but I'm moving on...

Sorry to ramble, it's late for me, and this thread started me thinking...

Good luck to you dragonmusic on your endevours when you head over to Europe.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Hey sugarmonkey, thanks for that post.

I have an exgirlfriend from London and my one trip to the UK was with her and it was an incredible trip.

Travelling to Paris from London is amazingly easy which you probably already know.
May you have the best of luck across the pond, monkey.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join