It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Originally posted by centurion1211
reply to post by snusfanatic

And one more key thing to remember:

Most of our ancestors worked very hard and were willing to or actually did sacrifice everything to get away from europe and come to America.

They were going to rebel anyway. They were deported from Europe for crimes and prostitution. The majority of people at first stage that formed the colonies were criminals and prostitutes because Europe deported at that time almost anyone that commited crimes such as murderer, roberies and prostitution. North America was like an Alcatraz but with the permision of moving around free. They had no other way. They could not go back and they had to live how Europe dictated them. Anyone would do the same, it's not about sacrifice.

What do you find heroic about a bunch of criminals rebeling against the Kings if they have no other option. You can't go back, you have to live like they tell you, of course you are going to rebel.

Soon they had children and like father like son behavior they killed all the indians in their way and then went to Africa to get some slaves.

Heroism and sacrifice has nothing to do with it, it's the willd west where people that were deported there did what they could to make it better for their self.

This with home of the brave, pride and honor is just BS so you will stay in line like a pawn. I hate pink clouds, it's just not reallity.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by pepsi78]

Hmmm. This isn't true. Where on Earth did you get that idea from? Have you just invented it? It is actually the exact opposite of what you say. They left Europe for America because they were Puritans and feared persecution. They were about as law abiding as it is possibly to get! The first Europeans on American land were ultra, ULTRA religious! Far from prostitution, they were the kind who would whip themselves if they so much as thought of a ladies ankle!

It was many years later that criminals were deported to commonwealth lands and this never happened in America. Australia is famous for this, not America!

EDIT: I just read your bleating reply about getting lawyers in because someone, very obviously I might add, made a light hearted, metaphorical comment about being shot in the back... are you for real?! That's pathetic!

Lawyers?? Really?!

If I were to tell you I had daggers drawn about this comment, even though it's a well known metaphorical phrase, would you phone the police?? I kind of hope you do.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by triplesod]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My post is probably going to be lost in the endless sea of replies, but I'd like to add my opinion as well.

You know what you're doing? You're trading one problem for another. Pick your poison. Europe is not a Utopia. It's not an artist colony where everyone is highly intelligent and free from a warped mind. They are people just like here,.. with needs, prejudices, ideas and pride... except that since everything is more expensive over there they had to learn to live on less. An incredible few there chose to have less on purpose in order to lead "cleaner" lives. Most will never admit it, but hey, it's fun to hold it over Americans' heads.
I just love listening to Europeans bash America, and love listening to Americans agree with them even more.

I was born in Europe, lived in Germany for a couple of years, and still go visit about once a year (In fact I'm going there this December for two weeks to visit my family). I've been living in the US for the past 18 years or so.

Having been here all these years I've noticed something about both Europeans and Americans. Some Americans seem to have this -grass is greener on the other side- attitude while some Europeans have the -America is the source of all evil- attitude. This usually comes from those who haven't been to the other side and haven't had the opportunity to experience each other's countries to the fullest. The smart ones know to reserve judgement until they've done so.

OP, I think it is good and brave of you to have decided to travel to see for yourself what the world is like. It's not easy arriving in a place you've never been before and trying to fend for yourself. Europe is rich in history (so much incredible violence and drama!). It's a great place to visit for an artist, historian, musician and writer. Some places are very inspirational and I would recommend that all Americans make a trip out there at least once in their lifetimes. You have to see it for yourself.

However,... if you are looking for a better government and better people, you may end up disappointed. There is a very good reason why so many Europeans, Asians and Easterners (among others) have fled to America (my family included). The terrible bureaucracy, limited freedoms, racism and corrupt politicians are just as bad there (if not FAR worse) as they are here. You may even find rudeness more common there than you will here in the U.S. I know I do! I remember when I lived in Germany. Though I had blond hair and blue eyes, some of them (not all of course!) still disliked the fact that I was there, simply because I was not a German. They did not like immigrants. They especially disliked the Turks. I remember frequently hearing about Turks being attacked in the street by German youth gangs. Luckily Germans these days don't feel that way about Americans. In Eastern and other parts of Europe you will find open racism against the Romana (Gypsy) people. Often they live in hideous conditions at the edges of town, comparable to some of the slums and shacks you might see when entering Tijuana. Some of them have no electricity or running water.

I realize that Americans here view Europe in a very romanticized way, and certain Europeans want it to appear that way. Some people there (dare I say) posses an inferiority complex to the U.S. and love to bash Americans for just about everything. They sometimes enjoy blaming America for their political and economic problems. I think it makes them feel better about themselves. They love throwing the "culture" and "rich history" in Americans' faces as well. Their view of Americans is that they are loud, rude, fat, lazy and uncultured. Fact is there's plenty of Europeans with those same characteristics. People there are not much smarter than here. Sure they have better schools, but as you may know,... book smarts don't always equal high intelligence or superior powers of reasoning. Their schools brainwash their students to think a certain way just like schools here do. The smartest people are those who have traveled and experienced the world for themselves, who don't allow themselves to be completely sold on any particular idea before experiencing it.

So why do I go back once a year? Simple. I was born there, most of my family is there and I love the geography. Despite the fact that I am now an American citizen, the land still has a strong hold on me. Since it has gotten better over the years and the political climate has eased somewhat I've considered living there for a while just to get it out of my system, but the truth is that I love America and what it stands for. Even if I can't see a castle from my kitchen window, I like my freedoms here, and I like that I can become or do anything I want if I work hard enough to get it. I think I'll stick to 'visiting' Europe and living here as long as this Government doesn't begin to resemble Europe too much.

Despite the fact that at the moment it looks like it is falling apart, I have faith that the U.S. will come back strong again as long as people fight to get it back. How can a great country survive if the people who see something wrong with it, flee? Funny thing for me to say since we fled our country for similar reasons, but in our case... my father was threatened with 10 years jail time for his outspokenness against the government and his unwillingness to turn others in who held the same beliefs he did. When they accused him of trying to start a revolution, he knew it was time to get the hell outta there, and that was not an easy task.

OP, good luck in Europe. Have a great time out there. I wish more people would travel to get this kind of experience. I think it would make them appreciate what they have here. I hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 222938

How dare you accuse me of supporting felons.
I was helping people who wanted to better their lives.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks for your positive comments.
I am baffled at the flamers and the idiocy.
I used to think the ATS was full of openminded and accpeting people.
Most of the sheeple on this thread are acting like I want to take over America, or destroy it, not move away from it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Could you please tell me wtf you think I'm running from? That would be great.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I know I agree. The hyprocisy is astounding.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ray Amuro

Wtf is it you think I'm supposed to be fighting here, Ray? Tell me that, dude.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nickspm

They are reading from an old script, you are right.
And what I want to do is threatening their closed little worlds.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Are you blind? Did you read anything I wrote about what I plan on doing?
Do you have any idea what kind of work is ahead of me to do what I want?
None of you do it seems.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Amazing you held out so long. I left 9yrs ago :p

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cagalli

You're feelings about the future are meaningless to me. They have no bearing whatsoever on the outcome.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This song comes to mind.

Lyrics-

I like black and white

Dream in black in white
You like black and white
Run runaway

See chameleon
Lying there in the sun
All things to everyone
Run runaway

If you're in the swing
Mud in everything
If you're in the swing
Run runaway

If you got it soft
Don't beat around the bush
If you got it soft
Run runaway

Oh now can't she wait?
No no come on and wait
Oh now can't she wait?
Run runaway

I like black and white
Dream in black in white
You like black and white
Run runaway

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr No One

Yeah, it's my fault Mr No One.
And I don't contribute at all do I?
Since you know me so well I guess that , golly gee, you must be right!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr No One

I would be willing to say I know more about the histories of these countries than you think that I do.
Why don't you ask me instead of assuming?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

The concept of running away is really the only frame you and so many others have?
That's amazing.
Wanting to go somewhere and start a new life is so terrifying to you and so many others on this thread that you cannot see it as anything other than running away.
What a shame, for you and the others I mean.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

You are ureal.

link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Another assumption that I'm running away.
And now I'm evil? Lmao

link   

Originally posted by Lolage
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Most Europeans have some interest in America - it is the world's top major superpower. America is not discriminating racially now, everyone was made equal 1964-1968 ish - votes, housing laws changed different dates. So the USA has been an equal, non racist country for 40 years, no need to leave for that reason. If you do come to Europe, enjoy your stay

If you don't know something, don't just guess or presume.

America is still and extremely racist society, of course some cities and even states are better than others but I was shocked at the blatant racism I saw in the USA.
Also, so many Americans are so petrified of appearing racist that the completely change their behaviour to give the impression of not being racist, which, of course, just makes them look racist.

Anyway, the point is, with all due respect, you obviously don't understand American socio-economical problems and their many societal sub divisions, so don't speak to people about things you don't understand and don't try and sound like an authority on something you know nothing about!

I feel like I have entered a compitition to see how many times I can say the word "racist"!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

I will be more than happy to come by and rock with you!
Thank you for the insightful words.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Jesus wtf is the woe is me? Tell me one place where I ever wrote woe is me?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join