It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Leaving America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This country is shattered. It started upon its conception and the cracks have been growing throughout America's windshield like cobwebs in every direction.
It is a country which claimed to be founded on freedom, but it stomped out the essence of freedom when it enslaved the black man, slaughtered the red man, and kept the white woman at home, both jobless and without voting powers.
So America was doomed from the start with such a foundation.
As a citizen of this country I feel it is my duty to leave here with a respect for the nation that raised me and with a sense of peace.
It will be a couple of years before I leave America, but when I do it will be to spend the majority of my life in Europe. I will have completed my degree in Romance Languages at the University of Georgia.
As a guitar player , singer, songwriter, I long for the days when I travel through Europe playing and singing with other musicians.
I will be among the few American songwriters to travel to the regions of Spain and France where the music of the Gypsy Kings was inspired(and actually originates) and to actually jam with the musicians of the areas.
In the meantime I wonder what culturally minded ATSers feel with respect to America.
Are there other Americans like me who love this place but cannot stand to see what has become of it and are getting ready to leave? Or have already left?
Are the Europeans even interested in America, I mean in more than McDonald's and rock music? What does America offer Europe or the rest of the world these days? (though I do like McDonald's and rock music)
What countries do you Americans want to visit or even live in one day?
Where do you people of the ATS want to go , if you could go anywhere tomorrow? Where do you dream of spending your lives if it is not where you are now?

+36 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Tell your troubles and complaints about this great country to the vets and see what they tell you, is it perfect?...no but it's a hell of alot better then many a places. Oh and by the way white christians were enslaved before the blacks.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by alyosha1981]

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
it a VERY GOOD idea if you really want to eat fresh NON gen-mod, non poison food, and drink CLEAN non poisoned water.........even Mexico has better nutritionally packed produce available.....
Because with all the FEDERAL REGULATIONS in the USA we are all nothin but guinnie pigs for THE MAN.
'THE MAN with the MONEY MAKIN PLAN' that is...... & normal folks haven't got a prayer in hell.

It is ALL about chemical companies making big bucks....NOT better living through chemicals as they used to pound into our heads. This is the TRUE ATROCITY of the USA gubmint upon its people.....

[edit on 9-11-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I don't understand what I'm supposed to ask the vets.
And I was never making any race related point about slavery.
Just that America being founded on it along with several other atrocities was not a very good begining.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Good By and Good luck.

Oh by the way leave you citizenship papers and passport at the border. Some poor Mexican will make good use of them.
:c ool:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Agreed RiverGoddess. I want that clean food, water, and air.
The man really just does whatever the hell he wants to with Americans. It's sad really. Sad that the Man does that and sad that people don't see it or don't care to see it.
I see it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Well it does seem that by excluding white males from your list they were the only ones enslaved/killed that you didn't seem to have a problem with.
Also, I'm pretty sure you can go to any country and learn about atrocities in it's history.

To be clear, you are trying to escape countries that have no wrongdoings in their past?

America overcame those things man I think you really wanna go so you can jam with these dudes and this outlook is so you can have something to write about.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I have spent years teaching English to Mexican Immigrants whom I worked with in the restaurant industry. I always taught them for free and more than 90% of them had arrived here illegally. I know for a fact that they don't need my papers or my passport. Besides I need those, *SNIP*

Mod-Note: Personal Insult Removed.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Dude, I am a freaking white male.
And yes every country has it's atrocities, but I'm not escaping.
I'm not limping into another life. I'm creating one with strength.
I'm moving toward pleasure, not moving away from pain. Though I do really want to jam with those guys.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Many young people have a wanderlust about them, they take a year out and travel the world. It's a great way to experience new cultures, to improve your own confidence and better your skills set.

But we all invariably go home eventually.

Don't burn your bridges, I guess, that's what I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Yeah the colour of your skin makes it all the more confusing that you don't mention it. You probably don't mean it but this is how it was conveyed.
Anyways, I don't feel there is intention in every little thing people do so I guess I'm gonna say I'm jealous that you're gonna travel to Europe while I'm stuck up here in freezin' cold, boring Alberta.

Happy hunting.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think The whole continent is in deep trouble and yes it is a good idea, if you leave now...it seems the lethal mutation of the nwo virus due to the shots will be taking its effects in three weeks. Matial law then Israel/Iran nuclear war for december...If I was a guy I'd shut up and join the Army so I could get free guns and protect my loved ones

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Those are some significant points. And while I am not as young as I used to be I am not yet old.
I won't burn my bridges, man.
Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
There are many countries better to live in than America.

The only problem is, they may not be interested in taking you, because you are American.

Try to apply for citizenship to an Embassy of your favourite European country, and be prepared to be very disappointed.

While any one can get into America, other countries are far more selective on who they will accept as a legal immigrant..

[edit on 9/11/2009 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I guess I should have conveyed that I was a white guy?
It reminds me ; just the other night I had a conversation with a very intelligent, beautiful woman outside of a bar where my friends' band was playing. She was black, was french as well, was a nice mix; she was a beauty. She was tall. Anyway a long story short is that she asked me what I learned from studying Spanish and I said "a non western, non white man perspective. Which sounds funny coming from a white guy" She became real interested at that point. Or at least I felt her become connected with me at that point.
But I don't sound like a white guy when I talk or when I write.
And don't be jealous , bro

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

If you were a guy you would shut up and join the army. So , you're not a guy, and you think that I need to shut up.
But females can join the army too!
So you are a woman who wishes you were a guy and then you wouldn't be me and then you would maybe shut up? or what?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No I assumed you were a white guy from the getgo.
I think you have white guilt pretty bad.
But in the grand scheme of things you can do/think whatver it is that you want, and no one can or should stop you.
good luck.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Inded I have been researching this topic for years now and I find it to be the most discouraging of obstacles that stand in my way.
I also find that to be a very strange situation
It seems ass backwards to me.
A productive American should be welcomed with open arms to every single European country!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I appreciate the good vibes there, brother.
What is the white guilt exactly? I think I know. I feel like sh#$ because of what some of what my ancestors could have done?
That's what you mean , right?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You give me good laugh young man.

Tell us, how many other countries have you visited or lived in?

Granted There Are some South American countries I dearly loved but would not want to move permanently.

And even thinking that Mexico has clean water and food makes me laugh even harder. But I cried when I was in Mexico seeing the people get sick and die from bad water and food.

So you want to wander around Europe playing your guitar and enjoying life.

Why not go all over the world on missions that help people and play for them?

I'd like to see your face when you wake up to life one day.

It sure isn't roses, wine and friendly Europeans or any country for that matter.

By all means leave and see what the world is really like.

I expect you'll come back home wagging your tail behind you but a much wiser young man.

Oh, and thanks for your loyalty to the country you were birthed and coddled in.

Why do you think people from all,over the world risk all just for a chance to come to America. It isn't for McDonald's Hamburgers I assure you.

But go if you must. Just don't get in line for government assistance when you come back to America. That is if you make it back.

Go for a visit if you must but don't give up on America. It's still a grand old country and it's here I'll take my stand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join