It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets get it started "chat rooms"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Ok,I just got my 200 post like a week ago.Could not wait to get in the chat rooms,and to my disappointment theres never anybody on.So what can we do to get the chatrooms up and going(more popular).From what I here it use to be really popular.Ive heard a bunch of different reasons of why it fell,not really sure though.

I wouldn't care so much ,but theres not really any chat rooms I know of on the internet that talks about the topics that are on a.t.s.If there are I would greatly appreciate someone leaving a link to it.

So what can we do to make it more popular?Anyway we could advertise it more?Maybe put in out signature box "Go check out a.t.s chat."Drop the 200 post minimum to 100.

I would really love to see mods oversee the rooms ,and have debates(not rambling arguements).I heard there was a mass banning of alot of members due to T&C.Mods maybe you could ease up on it a little and give people warnings first.

I just know I love a.t.s and would greatly like to see more people in the chatrooms.Its great talking through threads and waiting for a response,but just being able to openly chat with other members without the delay of resonse would be that much better when it comes to exchanging information.

I know theres nothing I can do by myself.So everyone members and mods please leave some comments and ideas about what we can do to get a.t.s chat rooms kicked off better.All comments appreciated.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hey trey! Had the pleasure of meeting you in chat today. We had a small group, but it was nice. It would be great if more joined us.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
We're there sometimes just gotta lurk moar.

We've had a group of like 15 in there before

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It was nice to meet you also nightstar.Hope to get a chance to chat with you again.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

WOW never seen near that many.I would like everyone to note my signature.Maybe if everyone started doing this ,it would pick up. I doono

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

First off, congrats on getting your 200 posts.
I would be in chat more, however I am always on the go, and my account is always in "idol" status lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Would definitely be great if the chat room picked up a bit more. It's a shame for it to go to waste, it works sweet.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What ever mods that are over this thread, your input would be great.We need the mods more than anything to make this happen.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well this post that I'm posting right now should be like 190 something.
Be there shortly.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I checked out the rooms a couple of times, ... the most people there was around, .. maybe 5 to 7.

For some reason, I always forget that ATS even has a chat, and by the time I remember its late and noone's on.

What time does everyone usually check it out ??

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Would someone please tell me what a " flag contribution level " , means ?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its the icon in your top left corner.You click it to flag a thread,which shows to other members how many times a threads been flagged.Pretty much showing how popular the thread is.The more you flag the higher your flag contribuation level gos up.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by trey85]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I would say roughly 7 -11 pm central time,but it varries from day to day

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by trey85
.The more you flag the higher your flag contribuation level gos up.

I thought it was how many times people have flagged your threads that you created?
- Otherwise we could all flag every single thread we enter and we'd all have a high flag contribution level... Could be wrong tho.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
i didnt even know there was a chatroom;
maybe making the link more noticable like putting it next to "board" instead of next to "log out"

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
i didnt even know there was a chatroom;
maybe making the link more noticable like putting it next to "board" instead of next to "log out"

Defenely need better advertisting.You have been a member since July ,and are just now hearing about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
ATS could always work to integrate the chat room feature into the main website, so when browsing topics you'd have the chat on the side bar or something.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Actually, there's a chat type function on the sidebar in Below Top Secret called Mutter.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

That's incorrect...

The "Flag Contribution Level" is a representation of how many Flags your threads have received from your fellow members.

Not how many flags you have awarded.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

I am not a "chat room" person, but I've been thinking for some time now that a chat room open for all members on ATS (not some other department of the site) might absorb many of the ridiculous stuff that gets into threads now. Maybe some people just need to blow off steam and expound their ideas to others. So a chat room might help reduce the number of pointless threads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join