It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help being a whistle blower, to make sure I get results

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

Also you never seemed to post the picture again circling the chinese text. I'm still waiting for that laugh please indulge me.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I already said I could be wrong, and that's why I haven't put the manufactures' name on here yet. I went through a lot of trouble on page ten to smudge out anything that would give away the brand name or shape of the gun.

my main reason for believing a child made this toy is very simple:

This was factory sealed. Unless it was take your child to the factory day, and a kid doodled on the insert (what a weird doodle to do when bored anyway) and then the parent STILL put the insert in the toy and on and on...it seems that that is stretching it more than my idea that a kid made this toy and slipped that in on purpose.
Even if it's meant to be a crude insult as some have suggested, which is possible no doubt, a child STILL made the toy.
Now I just cannot see another scenario that seems more likely. That's why I guess some have resorted to attacking my mother for supporting me or even suggesting that my child is a little Chris Angel and produced the drawing himself.
*edited for grammar*

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

You now see that after warning me of all my assumptions, many of yours were wrong. I still have no solid conclusion on the nature of the drawing.
My current idea is that this depicts a child who has given birth and had her baby taken away, and at the very least, the drawing proves IMHO that the toy WAS MADE AND PACKAGED by a child, no matter what her intention in the drawing in question.

I will be online to answer questions you may have.

After seeing this post, I'm even more convinced you likely have this all wrong.

Your assumptions as follows:

1) The child is a girl. (A boy could have drawn the image.)
2) The image depicts a negative event and a plea for help. (It could also represent a thing of child humor or derision.)
4) The image is of the "child who has given birth and had her baby taken away". (Presumably, this would require a child capable of child birth, which would make her sufficiently older to draw more maturely, imo.)
5) The child was somehow directly involved in the manufacture of the toy. (Possible. But equally possible is that the child was merely present in the workplace, while a parent worked.)

I also do not think you can wish away the plain meaning of the Chinese character meaning "fart". In earlier posts you made the assumption that it meant a poorly written "Pee". But we know now that clearly is not the case. Rather than sloppy or a scribble, the execution of the script is nearly perfect.

-------

Translation.

-------

Finally, I realize what disturbs me most about this thread. It is riddled with cultural bias. It reminds me a bit of the 'privileged' commenting on the horrors of the 'savages'.

Don't get me wrong. I have no doubt child labor occurs in China and is a terrible thing. But child labor does not happen to EVERY child in China. Moreover, the whole childbirth stolen baby thing really has me rolling my eyes...

Send your story to one of the organizations involved in such issues if it will make you feel better. But I personally think you are making this into much more than it is...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The drawing has already been posted.

So go find it on that page and get your laugh there. And oh yeah, I thought we were done?

I knew you'd be back. You can't get enough of the chance to belittle or discredit someone, that was a real nice touch suggesting that my son is the culprit, classy.
I'm glad you think it's so funy that I am troubled that in a free country we still have stores selling goods made by childrens hands. I cannot say for sure what is meant or depicted by the drawing, only my opinion. But the fact remains that it was sealed, not opened and returned, and it had a kid's doodle on the inside.

how else did that get in there? I want to hear YOUR idea.

I'll play devils advocate and state my opposite theory. Maybe the packaging and the toy making are totally different places. Maybe the inserts can be done from home, like an at home job. The kid wants something to draw on, sees a colorful pile of inserts, and doodles on them. Then mom doesn't see it, and packages it in the toy. This is the most likely way that this could be completely harmless IMO.
But I feel that that is stretching more than just believing that the toy is at a discount store for a reason, it's made CHEAP by CHEAP child labor. That makes more sense, and IMO is more likely.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Sir,

I will forgive you for your harsh words. First of all I just wanted people to know this was a family affair. When my grandson pulled the insert from his gun it was a family experience. I don't know about your relationship you had with your grandparents but I have a very loving and trusting one with my grandchildren. It was only natural that he would share this with me and being very confused was wanting to know why this was in his gun.

Also, ANYONE who knows me on ATS knows by my avatar I am a CHRISTIAN sir and I do not lie. I urge you to check me out before you judge my actions.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yes, even if it's a crude drawing and meant to be an insult or joke....HOW DID IT GET THERE?
quit being base and post something meaningful, put some thought into it or bug off. You make both of us look silly going back and forth like this, so please, act like you have some sense of decency and respect. You don't have to, but it's kind of what sets this site apart from the others, ask around and others will tell you the same thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

How does anything get anywhere? Someone put it there but since you opened that package resonable doubt tells me that I can also blame you, your son, or your "grandmother" for doing it. Your word against theirs, again good luck.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Unless it was take your child to the factory day...

Another example of your cultural bias.

You are aware that in China many factories actually provide daycare facilities? So in a sense, everyday is 'take your child to the factory day'.

Under communism, nearly all urban females who wanted work found employment in state-run factories, which offered free schools and day care.

Link.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I've enjoyed reading your posts loam, keep it up!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Why do you find that scary? Didn't your grandparents help support you when you were confused about events happening in your life?

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Grandma

Ya maybe your relationship is more involved because your daughter lives at home with you. Go cry me a river and try to tell me how a lawyer simply couldn't say your grandson did it or your son or whoever this child is. Since you and your daughter seem to type exactly the SAME.

you don't even have your facts straight, her faughter DOESN'T live at home, she's our next door neighbor. I live at home.
if you doubt they are real, for crying out loud do some research, better yet, I'll do it for you.

Here's a link to my mother and my sister discussing my moms near death experience. I soppose you will say they are actors or something, but since you keep refusing to do your own homework I decided to do it for you. This will also show the huge difference in the opinions between us all. It is very rare that Grandma's posts collide with mine, because we have very different interests, she is here mostly to discuss religion. But anyway, here's the link, if your attention span is long enough to watch a vid it will prove they are real people.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Courtesy Is Mandatory and will be given to each and every member.

Please get on topic and stop discussing the OP or any other member in the thread.

Thank You.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The real question here is why are you buying toys for your child that you know are made by other children?

THAT is the real crime here.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by loam

I've enjoyed reading your posts loam, keep it up!

I'm glad you do, but there is no need to ridicule anyone on the board. Please be polite. I am sure the OP and friends and relatives are just trying to do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
The real question here is why are you buying toys for your child that you know are made by other children?

How were we to know? Please explain yourself more clearly. It seems that you think we knew ahead of time about this. Did you read the whole post? I'll answer any questions you have, but this one doesn't make sense to me, I don't know how to answer it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

How were we to know? Please explain yourself more clearly. It seems that you think we knew ahead of time about this. Did you read the whole post? I'll answer any questions you have, but this one doesn't make sense to me, I don't know how to answer it.

Are you a logically thinking individual who has lived in the United States for the past 30 or so years? THAT is how you should have known that the piece of toxic-petrochemical modeled into the shape of a weapon produced in China and sold at a discount store was most probably made by a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join