It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does passed healthcare change for me??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Im still confused with all this healthcare business and what who gets when and how... Im sure a lot of people here are also confused and concerned as to what to expect. Many of us are in different situations so it might effect different people differently.

Here is my situation, my healthcare coverage is depended on the previous months hours works. In order for me to receive benefits next month i need to work 10 days 8 hours a day in this month... so basically 80 hours this month, would give me full benefits next months.

That being said, how would this obama care effect me for the months that i do have coverage and for the months that when i dont have coverage? I dont have healthcare every month because of lack of work and i dont get 80 hours every month

would i get a fine during the month of not having healthcare and then if next month once i get healthcare would i just ignore that fine and say... oh well, i do have healthcare!! i try to get enought hours to have benefits, but its been really hard lately.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Means you'll probably have to work 120 hours a month because they now cannot exempt someone for a prior condition.... so you'll have THOUSANDS of people who've just had a heart attack sign up for insurance and make claims..

making premiums go up , instead of lowering it as the gov't provided healthcare is planning on doing.

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NickT916

The healthcare bill in the house of representatives doesn't affect
you at all. Joe Lieberman will save you by stalling until Nov. 2010.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
to be honest,

this bill is so fluid and hard to understand that anyone here that tries to give you a definate answer is only speculating at best.

i have read a good deal of the near 2000 pages and i dont really understand what it is saying.

that is the scary part see. people are signing off on this damn thing and dont have a clue as to what it is really doing, just a few highlights that sound good or bad here and there.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It means your employer will find any way possible to eliminate your job because now he will become FORCED to be responsible for your healthcare if you work for him. I hope you find a way to make yourself invaluble to your employer if this thing passes into law.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Means you'll probably have to work 120 hours a month because they now cannot exempt someone for a prior condition.... so you'll have THOUSANDS of people who've just had a heart attack sign up for insurance and make claims..

making premiums go up , instead of lowering it as the gov't provided healthcare is planning on doing.

*sigh*

Don't worry, you'll have health problems one day and will be grateful they don't have that pre-existing condition thingy.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Oh yeah you will hve health problems because you won't be able to afford food and housing because the government decide to give your money to someone else so we could all be more "equal".

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I asked myself exactly that same question when I heard it had passed in the House of Representatives last night. I looked around a little through various news reports of it's passing but unfortunately didn't see anything giving even more than vague details.

I guess the biggest question in my mind now is HOW MUCH is it going to cost me? I don't want to run afoul of the jail time that's been mentioned.

They say that the bill will provide for coverage of 96% of us but what about the 4% that it doesn't cover? Jail time?

I guess this bill is good for America. Just think of all the new jobs being created. Building and staffing all the new prisons will bring a much needed boost to our economy.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by LazyGuy]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
I asked myself exactly that same question when I heard it had passed in the House of Representatives last night. I looked around a little through various news reports of it's passing but unfortunately didn't see anything giving even more than vague details.

I guess the biggest question in my mind now is HOW MUCH is it going to cost me? I don't want to run afoul of the jail time that's been mentioned.

They say that the bill will provide for coverage of 96% of us but what about the 4% that it doesn't cover? Jail time?

I guess this bill is good for America. Just think of all the new jobs being created. Building and staffing all the new prisons will bring a much needed boost to our economy.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by LazyGuy]

I can think of 10 better ways to grow the economy and create jobs.
Moving the Canadian Health Care down here is a really bad idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
shut up, slave! get back to work.

there are prisons especially made for people like you. pay your taxes or die.

those are your 2 choices.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Sure it would mate, sure it would.

www.bloomberg.com...

Tell me, do you know anything about the Canadian system? Or are you just stating an uninformed opinion?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I means doctors will make choices for you and when you are old they will kill you!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

In all fairness though, you guys have a lot more of your taxes to spend on things like health care because you have not had to protect half the world since the 40's. If the US spent as much on defense as Canada did we would all be sitting around drinking vodka, singing Polyushka Polye.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I have an honest question for anyone more knowledgable about the health care bill that they are trying to pass which is basically on topic: are children covered under this bill only if the parents both have insurance or are they covered no matter what up to a certain age? Also, if you do not or cannot pay for the insurance, does that mean your children are SOL?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
It means your employer will find any way possible to eliminate your job because now he will become FORCED to be responsible for your healthcare if you work for him.

They will receive perks for it. The idea of corporate health care is that when it becomes "too expensive", they have the right to tell you not to smoke, do more exersize, eat this, don't do that and jump through these hoops. This system is far too valuable to TPTB, so they will support employers wherever they can.

Originally posted by born yesterday
shut up, slave! get back to work.

You should be the President. I get a strong feeling you won't deceive anybody...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It doesn't change anything yet. It still has to be approved by the Senate, which isn't going to happen. That means that its going to have to be reconciled with whatever the Senate passes and will be sent back to both chambers for yet another vote at some point. They're going to pass something sooner or later, but its going to be significantly watered down as compared to what the House passed Saturday night.

If that final product includes a mandate, there will almost certainly be legal challenges as well. It would seem to me to be unconstitutional on its face to force people to buy insurance or face fines or prison sentences.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
How does this bill affect an unemployed college student who lives at home and takes odd jobs here and there to supplement money when he needs it?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is so much FUD in this thread that I threw up in my mouth a little.

*If the final bill looks as it does now in the Congress.

This is how it will effect you Nick.

1) You don't have to do anything. If you like your current insurance no one is forcing you to change.

2) The insurance you have now comes with consumer protections. Those include your insurance company not dropping you when you get sick of some retarded pre existing condition. AKA they can't drop you for heart surgery when they found out you had acne 8 years ago.

3) The bill protects you with a cap on how much you have to pay outright to the insurance company. So if you get sick you only have to pay a certain amount a year period.

4) You existing insurance company has to now use 85% of its pooled money for health care. That means they cannot blow the money paid by your premiums on bonuses, paying off politicians and commercials like they used to. So there is more money to pay for your health needs.

5) Since everyone is mandated to have insurance the over all cost of health care will come down. Since everyone will be able to see their doctor when they have the sniffles their will be fewer people with no insurance running to emergency room with pneumonia cost everyone else huge sums of money. That uninsured dramatic cost will also be a god send to state governments not having to flip that bill as well.

6) Lower over all health care costs = lower premiums.

Now let's say you don't like your health care plan by your job and you want to get your own.

In this bill their is the creation of an Exchange. Think of it like Lending Tree is to getting a home loan on the internet. You and millions of other citizens will act as a large pool of consumers. Your boss can join this as well. Now you are sitting pretty with millions of others you all can negiotate with the insurance companies for more purchasing power.

Insurance companies sure as hell want in on this action and their will be massive competition to lower their premiums and offer more services to be a part of the pool.

Now lets say you would like to get insurance but you cannot afford even the cheapest premiums offered in the exchange. Well you can join the Public Option. Which is our own citizen run health insurance company. The premiums for our own insurance company are cheaper because its a non for profit company. We don't have to pay for bonuses or paying off politicians or commercials. So most of our money is put toward health care and low premiums.

Now lets say you even have a hard time paying that, well the Federal Government will subside the difference to make sure you get the health care you deserve as a citizen of this country.

Don't believe the utter garbage floating around here they just don't understand or have their fingers in their ears loving their ignorance.

This bill is a win for the American public. It's not perfect but no bill ever is. Over time with corrections it will be an amazing piece of legislation.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickT916
Im still confused with all this healthcare business and what who gets when and how... Im sure a lot of people here are also confused and concerned as to what to expect. Many of us are in different situations so it might effect different people differently.

Here is my situation, my healthcare coverage is depended on the previous months hours works. In order for me to receive benefits next month i need to work 10 days 8 hours a day in this month... so basically 80 hours this month, would give me full benefits next months.

That being said, how would this obama care effect me for the months that i do have coverage and for the months that when i dont have coverage? I dont have healthcare every month because of lack of work and i dont get 80 hours every month

would i get a fine during the month of not having healthcare and then if next month once i get healthcare would i just ignore that fine and say... oh well, i do have healthcare!! i try to get enought hours to have benefits, but its been really hard lately.

I do not believe you, to put it simply. It is not feasible to insure someone for one month and not the next month and then again the next month. So if you qualify for insurance one month and get cancer and can't work the next month , then you no longer have insurance? You start feeling better and work 80 hours and all of a sudden the insurance company will start covering your cancer treatment again? I just don't buy it. I know of no insurance company that would wrok on that basis.

I could see you staying insured and the company paying when you worke enough and you paying when you don't work enough but not the scenario that you posted.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 9-11-2009 by sligtlyskeptical]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join