It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will there be a new game?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It's been over a year since we've had an ATS sponsored game.

I'm not complaining, but rather asking whether games will be a part of this great site moving forward.

I already tried posting this topic once and got this for a reply... not sure why.

I really do think ATS sponsored games provide great value to the site and the collaborative element of the membership.

I would think that there would be some creative folks on the staff that could conjure up a game now and then. If not, well it should just be announced that games are dead

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
why do you need a game... your already in the biggest game ever. life. good luck

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by obamalivechat

Haha... I've already mastered that one.

I need something new... outside of normal life, ya know.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by obamalivechat

Haha... I've already mastered that one.

The master of life is now among us, bow before his greatness.

So you like games eh?

Any good at chess?

3 of 7 now.... One calling, one running, one threatening to kill. No more time for games, send it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Please do not bow, Walkswithfish. I'm rather shy

Anyway, I fear my OP has lost track. This is about getting a new ATS game going... or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm all for it !!! yaaaay.

wait, ATS has games ??? what kind of games ??? my curiosity is peaking !!! is there a description of the games they have, or have had in the past somewhere i can look at ??? or a thread maybe.

I'd love to participate in something.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I'm all for it !!! yaaaay.

wait, ATS has games ??? what kind of games ??? my curiosity is peaking !!! is there a description of the games they have, or have had in the past somewhere i can look at ??? or a thread maybe.

I'd love to participate in something.
e

Oh yeah. ATS has had games. Here are some oldies. (there are older ones too before my time here)

All the UFO Answers...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Final Answer to Everything...

All the Conspiracies...

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I ve got one! Its a drinking game...

every time you spot a dis-info, on the ptb payroll-agent you have to take a drink!

buuuuuuurp ....sorry I was just in the 9-11 forum...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not sure how to respond, Zarn...

I'm in agreement that intriguing, well-thought out games stimulate our curiosity and our mental awareness. There have been some great ones here at ATS - and some not so great...

One thing I do is now look over the games v-e-r-y carefully before jumping in. There are games I've spent way, way too much time and energy on only to have the mods simply abandon the game and not reward any promised prizes (for example the banner game. Check it out...). What a disappointment that was! :bnghd: Some outstanding creative contributions fizzled to nothing despite many assurances from the Amigos that the gamesters have not been forgotten. Well - after a year or so, we certainly begin to feel forgotten.

Another problem has been that many ATS enthusiasts love to participate in the games but simply have "other lives" to maintain - work, family, etc., and just can't stay logged on and paying exclusive attention to the game 24/7. What that means is that while you're logged off another crucial piece of the puzzle is solved, some prize awarded, and the game moves on without you - I've seen this happen in a few short hours or even minutes in some cases - very frustrating. You go to sleep, have dinner, come back - and someone has used your hints and progress along with others and solved it under your nose!
Happens, I guess...

The games are fun - they're worthwhile - they're entertaining and often educational. BTW, one of my all-time favorites was the ATS What Is The Conspiracy Game!. That was pure Genius...

Yet - some inconsistencies, administration snafus, abandonment, etc., have some of us having reduced expectations from the games. It sure would be nice to have a mod pick up the ball. be dedicated, and create a well-managed, intuitive game for us to wrap our heads around. But this takes work, commitment, follow-through, and a strong sense of fair play. that's a tall order to ask of part-time volunteers. Not impossible (ATS has already done it in the past), but difficult and time consuming...

We're waiting...

[edit on 11/12/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yes yes yes, let's have more games

The "What is the Conspiracy?" game is what hooked me on ATS to begin with, as well as being my first encounter with my now-fiance. ATS games rock my world

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Im in!!!!

Cmon ATS bring the games just as you promised!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Was just going to post a thread and caught yours Zarin. I know SO is very busy with the redesign and I think he is the "GameMaster" of ATS. Many of the games that I have been involved with, starting with "the rings" which is what got me to join, have been unbelievable.

The intricacies and coding, etc. must have been so time consuming.

If you happen across this thread "fully laden african swallow" will you update us for any upcoming games or plans of any?

Maybe along with "writer, fighter, scholar" there can be a "gamer" category for volunteers willing to get some games going.

Just an idea. Miss your games SO!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Games?

All your base are belong to us.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here are the rules....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1489abf0e76.jpg[/atsimg]

Found this image a while ago and have been wating to use it

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
It's been over a year since we've had an ATS sponsored game.

I'm not complaining, but rather asking whether games will be a part of this great site moving forward.

I already tried posting this topic once and got this for a reply... not sure why.

I really do think ATS sponsored games provide great value to the site and the collaborative element of the membership.

I would think that there would be some creative folks on the staff that could conjure up a game now and then. If not, well it should just be announced that games are dead

agree with you mate.. its been a while since the new game release. Waiting for new one @ Admin

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Issue challenge. Web-Link two completely unrelated conspiracies.

Rules:

1. You must start on a conspiracy page that is DEVOTED to a specific comspiracy. Forums are not allowed. (Though ATS forums are a great place to find information on them...)

2. You get ONE POINT for completing the task, no matter how many pages you have to click. If you can do it in three clicks, you get 1 point. If you can do it in four, you get two points. If you can do it in 5, you get three points. Six, back down to two points. Seven, one point... Eight and up are zero points.

3. BONUS POINT: If one of those pages is on a conspiracy that isn't directly related to either of the two you're trying to link.

BONUS POINT: If one of those pages are government websites.

--Ranking will be on the number of connections successfully made. Those in your tier will be compared by points.

Just a starting place. I play this game with a friend, but not on conspiracy issues. We use it to learn more about given subjects. It's quite fun and you learn alot. Modify anyway you think necessary

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's good to hear. No, I haven't been clicking 'refresh' on the Games&Events forum for the past 14 months waiting for this news.

It just looks like I have been.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hey, that's great to hear, S.O. !

Looking forward to it

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Already posted a bit earlier...

<<   2 >>

join