It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic Spies, Acid Guinea Pigs, New Age Soldiers: the True Men Who Stare at Goats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
By David Hambling

“More of this is true than you would believe,” we’re told, just a few minutes into the movie version of The Men Who Stare At Goats, which opens today. But how many of the film’s outlandish military research projects really happened? Turns out there’s plenty of material in the movie which sticks quite close to the truth — though reality is a bit more complicated.

Psychic spies? True. The non-fiction book which serves as the movie’s basis features Colonel John B. Alexander. He served as a Special Forces commander in Vietnam and spent decades promoting the use of psychics and “remote viewers” for national security. (That is, when he wasn’t pursuing his interests in -linguistic programming, UFOs, or non-lethal weapons.) In 2007, our own Sharon Weinberger interviewed Col. Alexander in some depth on the military use of witches. “They were doing palmistry, crystal ball kinds of stuff,” he said.

www.wired.com...

Military psychics may still be in business: a 2007 report suggested that the 9/11 attacks had been predicted some years beforehand by Remote Viewers. In the post-9/11 world where every option seemed worth exploring, it’s not implausible that some psychic spies were reactivated.

It seems that our tax dollars are funding research into many disciplines of psychic phenomena. I would hope that their research can keep us out of wars and global conflicts, save lives and ultimately bring peace instead of chaos and death.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the path to peace came from the military thru awareness rather than bullets and bombs.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm glad someone posted this. I literally just got home from the movie. Loved it by the way. And I really wanted to get what I took from the film, off of my chest.

For those you have yet to see the movie, go see it...don't read this.

Amongst the laundry list of hysterical insights into the underworld of psyops covered, the on this that hit me like a ton of bricks...the Eye. Present in a number of scenes the symbol that we all know and love, the all seeing eye on top of the pyramid. Now obviously most readers of ATS will recognize the symbol, however there are millions of unknowing movie patrons who are about to be subject to this movie's explanation of "The Eye". George Clooney's character Lyn is the military's best psychic soldier, the man who kills goats. Lyn has a tattoo on his chest, this tattoo is of course the eye. We later learn that this is the symbol of the "New Age" soldier movement (the exact title of the group escapes me). This new age group is explained in detail, a quick summary is that the government is leveraging the concepts of the new age to end worldwide conflict, using super psychic soldiers.

Now where I'm going with this, and I feel like some of us are growing ever suspicious of it, is that the "New Age" is not something bred from flower power, indigo children, or light-workers. It is simply a covert operation developed during the 60's (arbitrary date) to introduce a new religion. One which can rise from the chaos of which they knew our society would inevitably would ultimately fall into.

We are in an age where we have been provided new technologies and possibilites that can not be controlled through tyranny and oppression. The world has simply out grown fascism, and if we can see this, then you know who else can...

Knowing that we need to be controlled by thought forms and propaganda is nothing new, however we seem to have only awakened partially. Stop and ask yourselves, Are we the sheep? Not the general population, us - ATS'ers and the like. We has been given thought forms, we are asked to feed this new religion of doom. To practice the teachings of the new age personally, to recruit the sleeping to our way of thinking. So where does this all lead, what are our solutions? Oneness, to mold ourselves with the collective, the new age is all about touching the ether realm. This is a religion, don't tell yourselves otherwise. And as far as I can see, it is the unifying religion we have been prepared for. What will be it's trigger point? Who knows, but it will come, we will "rise up" eventually- stop our current ways, experience love, just like the endgame in "Goats". When this happens - we will have a world religion, a one world understanding, just the thing we have always feared. Yet we will likely be the ones to bring it about.

The New Age is coming. Are you ready to become a Jedi?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I hope so, whaaa, 'cause we've been tryin' to beat those swords into ploughshares for quite a few ages now.
OTOH, just like gun powder/nuclear power can be a force for good or evil, I think that whatever the military tests will be put to "swords", not ploughshares.
Humanity can continue to find non-military uses from military research, but I think there will always be the double edged sword. At least for, say, 10,000 years.

If we can stop the reasons humans resort to warfare, then we can have peace. The best we can do at the moment is to win hearts and minds, but that does not sell a lot of bunker busters. Building roads, schools, water systems, and solar cookers is always better than destroying roads, schools, water systems, and energy sources.

You know, staring into goat eyes has always been a little unnerving to me, as goat eyes are weird looking, not your usual looking eye.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

I would be surprised if the experimentation with goats ended there.

The military has no compunction in putting their own troops in danger ala MK Ultra, untried vaccines, psyops etc.

Civilians also seem to be experimented on in a military context.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It used to be that the worse (besides the horrors of warfare) a soldier was exposed to was alcohol, tobacco, and syphillis. VietNam exposed soldiers to Agent Orange. The warfare in the Middle East exposed them to depleted uranium. Citizens in these countries were also exposed.

The Downwinders informs us of both military and civilian exposure to nuclear testing. Interesting, one explanation I came across years ago to explain stock mutilation was secret military testing for exposure to nuclear, chemical and biological testing.

The drug Lariam was used on our military. Remember the Gulf War Syndrome?

Speaking of neuro-linguistic programming, pollster Frank Luntz masterfully shaped talking points that Republicans could use on civilians to win elections. Currently, Mr. Luntz has helped the GOP once again, with his talking points on health care and advice for Tea Partiers (even to what should be on signs.)

I knew a veteran who woke up screaming every night, because of deep guilt over his involvement in an incident in the military. Too bad the military cannot help its soldiers with any results of its psychological/paranormal testing. Maybe the ultimate reality is that there is nothing that can ever exorcise the ghosts of war that haunt veterans.

new topics

top topics

join