It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.... and so the old gods stir

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fishspeaker

well, I thank you for that link. I thank you all for all the links. They are most helpful in one way or another. Mr. Fishspeaker, in my personal belief, I dont discount the reality of these old gods. My opinion and personal beliefs are one of two, and then some, 1, they were people from this planet that travelled alot, that some how gained advancement equal to, or greater than our own, 2) they were ET, 3) they were completely made up by some control freek priest what wanted kingship.
If I can show the possibility that all these old gods correlate to one another, (that would be show the possibility, and NOT prove)
then I am able to show the possibility that option 3 cannot be plausible. Imagine the doors THAT ALONE will open

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Then again, showing correlations and similarities between various mythologies/dogmas of ancient cultures (which is not hard to do) will still not mean the complete destruction of your opinion three, i.e. that it was all made up by a priest. It could have started with this, spread, slightly evolved with each new area/region and spread even more. In fact, out of those three options you posted i personally found it hard to dismiss any of them, but my belief is in simple tale-telling, although its a bit more complex than that.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

On the thought of the Aliens/Gods return, maybe the Mayans predicted it(or were told by said gods) Maybe the whole 2012 calendar thing is not a countdown to the end, but possibly the return of the ancient gods. Just a thought.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by brainranger]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

NOOOOOOO!!! THE CHRISTIANS HAVE TAINTED THE PAST!!! lol, Im joking. yea, even if that is what it turns out to be... I doubt and hope not, but if thats what it is, then I will definitely mention this as well.

Oh! I figured out where I got the idea that Enki was demoted.. some retarded site called halexandria libraries.. basically an off shoot of sitchen. my bad.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brainranger

That is another possibility as well. I have great doubt that the mayan calandar signifies the end of the world. maybe some of us will go but I doubt we all will. Even so, yes, that countdown is a possibility considering the so-called Illuminati, are roumoured to be on a race against the mayan calandar to control us before they lose all control. I dont get involved with that illuminati baubble myself, but.. who knows.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Stanlee, Hello! Just curious for your opinion as to why most of those ancient Mesopotamian gods were depicted as "reptile" like, or having to do with "reptiles"? The same could easily be said for ancient Asia and Meso-america as well. In fact, for most ancient civilizations the world over!

Thanks for your time

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Inquiring Mind]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Please read my topic in the "Gray Zone" entitled "The Ancient Gods"

I have reached epiphany on this subject (Truth Moment) , I can see clearly now , I have walked out of the cave , I have stepped out of my moment to look at the full picture.

It is beautiful

[edit on 15-11-2009 by fishspeaker]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishspeaker
Please read my topic in the "Gray Zone" entitled "The Ancient Gods"

I have reached epiphany on this subject (Truth Moment) , I can see clearly now , I have walked out of the cave , I have stepped out of my moment to look at the full picture.

It is beautiful

[edit on 15-11-2009 by fishspeaker]

Excuse me?

What exactly are you seeing?

... Just don't tell me these 'gods' are telepathically talking to you.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquiring Mind

you know? thats a good question. I have come across nothing myself that indicates these old gods are reptilian, until Egypt. I believe its the temple of Hathor that has the croc head guardians. I dont know where people are getting that info from. I dont see how the Anunnaki, myself mind you, are viewed as evil by the moron 2012ers. Thats much like asking where priests of today find in the bible that its ok to abuse, and commet sex crimes. Rumours. thats all I can see. Im not an expert mind you. I strongly believe all the reptilian icons of Mesopatamia south into Egypt were guardians at best. Sure we may or may not be as tall as the anunnaki, but according to THAT legend which gave birth to judeo-christo-islamic doctrine, we look like they do so if you have a forked tongue then you are made in the image of teh reptile gods?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Im thinking among the sames lines as you nearing the end of your response. What if after the 3rd age, when mankind was re-born it was then the gods decended to help the "new-born" race (humans/us) and teach this race many important things on life and survival ? So the beggining of the 4th age after the teaching and help of the decendants (gods & guardians) We have a lot more knowledge on how to live/love. So now i bring up "2012" .. after the 4th age (current era), the gods & guardians will return and "re-teach" things that are based on life and survival to the next "new-born" race simular to the way it happend back in the 3rd age. With that being said what about the 1st and 2nd age? did gods & guradians decend to help and teach this people (us) who know absolutly nothing about the way of life being new to the whole "Earth" thing and life/survival .

just a thought

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Kelliott]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Very interesting, and very very good work OP
I think you have the right idea, best way to figure out how something is is start from the beggining this is in ANY situation even Gods and Guardians

have a good day !

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Well the thing you might be forgetting is that there are - and have always been - hard polytheists and soft polytheists.
The really weird thing about even the hardest polytheistic system is that, by nature, it is so tolerant as to permit an unknowable God. That little trick has allowed polytheists, hard and soft, to inhabit the souls of all the polytheistic religions for years, and if I may be so bold - it seems to satisfy the Christians as well, with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. You got your 3 if you want your 3, oh sacred triumvirate, but then if you can't stomach that, you can always say the 3 are actually one.

Maybe it reflects a central spiritual delimna - and I'm talking pervasive, not merely historical - we are all one - NO I am an INDVIDUAL. Mother's breast is part of me. When I smile, mother smiles back. Wait. I didn't do that - that was mother. Mother is not me. I love that woman. I want to be one with her. I wish she would leave me alone so I could watch Football.

Religion may be a history, or it may be a construction of our experience of life, or it may be ALL 3, and ALL 3 are one. Or it could be a lot of things.

Ha! A mystery.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kelliott

and that is precisely what I intend to do. unfortunately though, no one really knows where the beginning even starts, if you read forbidden archaeology.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

and then we have the 9x9... sorry.. inside joke.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join