It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction: An astral phenomenon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What are all these people doing in my bedroom?

Originally posted by spacevisitor
That is a widespread misconception and not correct, look for instance what Stanton T. Friedman said about it here, and he is not the only one with that view.

"The focus was on sleep paralysis with no recognition being given to multiple persons being abducted at once, the fact that most abductions have taken place other than when the abductee was sleeping in bed"

Abducitons being connected to sleep-paralysis: Is that a widespread misconception or is it so rare that hardly any ATS-Threads could be found on it?

Is it not a widespread misconception that there are all kinds of beings, government officials, ETs coming into ones bedroom at night in physical?

As for your other stuff: I see that there is also something physical, touchable going on. What I want to know whether its connected to the Greys or not.

Are cattle-mulilations, flying-saucers and grays really one and the same issue or are they seperate phenomena?

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Floating through Roofs

Another reason abductions may be taking place on another plane is because the neigbours are not seeing the spacecraft above the roof of the bedroom and the body is not feeling itself float through the wall.

Also, I recall one distinct event in my life where I saw a silver flying disc but my spouse did not see it but only "felt something weird just now". That, to me, is an indicator that if you're not in a certain state maybe you cant even see any of it....

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Abductions being connected to sleep-paralysis: is that a widespread misconception?

I don’t think that alone is a widespread misconception, it is one of several explanations altogether.

The abduction phenomenon has garnered substantial attention from mainstream scientists and mental health professionals, who overwhelmingly doubt that the phenomenon occurs literally as reported and who have proposed a variety of alternate explanations, including
"[d]eception, suggestibility (fantasy-proneness, hypnotizability, false-memory syndrome), personality, sleep phenomena, psychopathology, psychodynamics [and] environmental factors."[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is for instance John Mack’s view.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76b85fe7b096.jpg[/atsimg]

Neurophysiological explanations include sleep paralysis and temporal lobe epilepsy (Spanos et al. 1993; Persinger 1992; Blackmore 1994), but researchers exploring these possibilities have either failed to find such pathology among abduction experiencers or have chosen to overlook important aspects of the phenomenon.

For example, many abduction experiences occur under conditions that do not appear to be associated with sleep.

Second, abduction experiences are often corroborated by independent UFO sightings or physical evidence. Third, neurophysiological explanations do not account for hyperarousal and anxiety triggered by certain events or images symbolically linked to abduction. With the integration of the specific abduction-related traumatic experience, these reactions sometimes resolve, as predicted by theories of post traumatic stress disorder.

www.ufoevidence.org...

or is it so rare that hardly any ATS-Threads could be found on it?

I never looked earlier for ATS-threads about that, but I did a search and found some.

Is it not a widespread misconception that there are all kinds of beings, government officials, ETs coming into ones bedroom at night in physical?

For what I know about it no, there are many kinds of beings and ETs coming into ones bedroom at night in physical?
There are however more and more indications that give the strong impression that in some cases government/military officials are definitely involved.

As for your other stuff: I see that there is also something physical, touchable going on. What I want to know whether its connected to the Greys or not.

There is much information that implies that Greys are involved.

Are cattle-mulilations, flying-saucers and grays really one and the same issue or are they seperate phenomena?

Cattle-mutilations and flying-saucers are no doubt one and the same issue, but which type of beings are involved in it is not known.
It could be several where under the Greys, and it looks as if there are even different type of greys.

Part 2: 1980 Animal Mutilation High Strangeness Files © 2009 by Linda Moulton Howe

Before he died, Col. Corso talked to me in private about the many classified documents he had seen in Washington, D. C., when he returned from his World War II assignment in Italy. He told me that he had read with his own eyes highly classified reports dated as early as 1951 about animals found in several parts of the world with bloodless excisions and no tracks around them, not even the dead animal's own tracks, implying the mutilated animal had been dropped to the ground from the air. Col. Corso said classified government reports he read specified that the animal mutilators were “extraterrestrial biological entities.”

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/654f4cf49298.jpg[/atsimg]

U. S. Army Lt. Col. Philip J. Corso with Linda Moulton Howe at
50th anniversary event in Roswell, New Mexico, July 4, 1997.

Animal mutilations was such a sensitive and classified subject, Col. Corso told me, because the United States government was scared that if the public knew Something from outer space was able to pick up heavy animals in beams of light, remove tissue and liquids with instruments that cut with light and perhaps sound frequencies, then return the animals dead and mutilated to pastures - Americans, and the world, would panic. Also, the advanced technologies needed to be kept out of the hands of human enemies and developed and patented by American companies.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Oh I see. You`re thinking: An extraterrestrial race that uses astral-techniques, rather than an astral-race.

Thats certainly an option.

Yeah, that's the possibility I'm suggesting - not as the "truth" BTW. I don't have a clue what the "truth" is LOL. I'm just fascinated by the many possibilities and feel that it's nearly impossible to narrow them down and exclude certain ones, based on the evidence we have at present. But it's a fascinating topic and an aspect which isn't often acknowledged or discussed. So thanks again for creating the thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Floating through Roofs

Another reason abductions may be taking place on another plane is because the neigbours are not seeing the spacecraft above the roof of the bedroom and the body is not feeling itself float through the wall.

Also, I recall one distinct event in my life where I saw a silver flying disc but my spouse did not see it but only "felt something weird just now". That, to me, is an indicator that if you're not in a certain state maybe you cant even see any of it....

Not true. There was one craft I saw because my vibrations where very high, I had just finished meditation and was outside in the summer evening. I had postcard contact with a blond nordic male, and afterwards thought it was just imagination, stood up and looked over in the spot we normally got sitings. Huge white, solid gleaming sci fi type shuttle craft with platoons. Beautiful. Couldnt find anything like it online, and 80 of the smaller crafts could have fit in it. But other crafts my son and I saw together, even a house guest. I'm the only one who gets contact, telepathically and with postcards from them, though my son does get a feeling and gets called out sometimes when, due to their soundless natures, we would not have known they were there. I would get confirmation of the contact with sitings of crafts a lot.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Not true. There was one craft I saw because my vibrations where very high,

Yeah, isnt that what I said? That it seems like one can only see them in a certain state?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

I starred your post because its helpful in seeing the big picture.

Just wanted to add that "what are all these people doing in my bedroom" was meant as a joke.

I think its unlikely that ETs and U.S. Gov. officials would, in 95% of the time, choose bedrooms as the appropriate meeting place

And THATS why I think a large part of the Gray-Abduction scenarios are astral...

...and why cattle mutilations and saucers might be part of something else...another ET species perhaps.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Originally posted by skyfloating
Abducitons being connected to sleep-paralysis: Is that a widespread misconception or is it so rare that hardly any ATS-Threads could be found on it?

I think that abductions occurring in conjunction with sleep paralysis is VERY common but that the vast majority of those experiencers have no memory or disregard them as a dream because they are often "made" to seem like a dream--

I have had many conscious "sleep paralysis" experiences over the past 10 months, some of which seemed very violent and of intrinsically malevolent intent like someone forcing me down with all of their strength. Others have been very gentle and calming like a feather pressing down on me. The latter experiences always were accompanied by flashes of intuition or insight and the former always accompanied by intense fear, anger and dread.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

But only for that light ship. That was a very beautiful and special craft. During the contact which was unusual, and in the end I thought was possibly a test, the words cultural exchange and Sirian Council was used.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I actually saw my first "gray alien" at the age of 5 or so. I was unable to move, sleep paralyized and had these huge dark eyes looming over me.

That’s quite remarkable and interesting in my opinion, to be unable to move is one aspect of such a meeting.
You said “my first "gray alien" at the age of 5 or so”, so I assume then that you had more than one experiences with those so called "gray aliens"?
Do you have any recollection of some other remarkable details you had after that encounter, for instance, did you have a unexplained bleeding from the nose or ear then?

Just interested and curious.

[edit on 10/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I actually saw my first "gray alien" at the age of 5 or so. I was unable to move, sleep paralyized and had these huge dark eyes looming over me.

That’s quite remarkable and interesting in my opinion, to be unable to move is one aspect of such a meeting.
You said “my first "gray alien" at the age of 5 or so”, so I assume then that you had more than one experiences with those so called "gray aliens"?
Do you have any recollection of some other remarkable details you had after that encounter, for instance, did you have a unexplained bleeding from the nose or ear then?

Just interested and curious.

I've always speculated that these beings, having the ability to paralyze a human, could be for safety reasons, both ours and theirs. I imagine having this ability is uniform among advanced ET civilizations both malevolent/benevolent, ....and perhaps no more impressive to them as it would be for one of us to own a tranquilizer gun.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

I've always speculated that these beings, having the ability to paralyze a human, could be for safety reasons, both ours and theirs. I imagine having this ability is uniform among advanced ET civilizations both malevolent/benevolent, ....and perhaps no more impressive to them as it would be for one of us to own a tranquilizer gun.

You know, I completely agree. It stands to reason that evolution of the species might include enhanced psych abilities such as what is being discussed in this thread. Assuming this, there is no reason to think that these abilities wouldn't be commonplace in highly evolved races.

tamale

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214

You know, I completely agree. It stands to reason that evolution of the species might include enhanced psych abilities such as what is being discussed in this thread. Assuming this, there is no reason to think that these abilities wouldn't be commonplace in highly evolved races.

tamale

Absolutely. When u consider the possibility that our govts. have the technology to filter thru billions of emails, phone calls and posts to filter out key words, I can only guess what advanced ET civilizations have. If this is true, I wouldn't rule out the ability to take a reading and analysis of the entire thought patterns of a planet at a given point in time...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

You are right, and it isn't speculation in my opinion, it is how it in reality is, simple as that.
For as far as I know of course.

I would however advise you to read the book “In League With A UFO © 1997 from Lou Baldin, former ATS member sleeper.
You will be stunned by it.
Could what is in it really be true, I am convinced it is.
Can I provide any undisputable proof or evidence for that here, NO.

There are however, some ongoing so far unexplained occurrences around the world, that could be explained due some of the things of which is spoken about in that book.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
But only for that light ship. That was a very beautiful and special craft. During the contact which was unusual, and in the end I thought was possibly a test, the words cultural exchange and Sirian Council was used.

I know the "good guys" are out there. Ive visited them in several vivid nightdreams over the years.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Scars and Marks that my parents could not explain. My parents also spoke of strange lights coming out of my bedroom once. I remember the encounters as insanely terrifying. You're a small kid and these dark eyes and huge heads loom above you. I was taken away...somewhere. Somewhere unpleasant. I cried out at night that they were "coming to get me" like in your typical horror-movie. I remember a dark-droning-sound that appeared everytime they were about to arrive. I knew if I heard the sound, they would soon be there.

Many years later I was in a book shop and saw Whitley Stribers book "Communion" where I saw the depiction of Gray Alien for the first time outside of my nightly experiences. Standing in that bookshop I froze shock and recognition. Of course I bought the book. I was around 14 years old then.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
In my experience, when you're in a certain altered state, when you are astral, your body is paralyzed. Thats why people who have "sleep paralysis" see all kinds of weird things...they are seeing astrally.

The reason the body is paralyzed is because its sleeping. You cant see astrally if the body is not sleeping. Of course the paralysis is also for ones safety and protection...

...and may even be induced by various entities.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f67c2a29f280.jpeg[/atsimg]

Even malevolent Astral Beings would have to acquire permission to visit this Andromedan/Pleiadian owned world or face the wrath of the Andromedan/Pleiadian Military.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrainMaster

Well DrainMaster, that was an interesting comment, care to enlighten the rest of us a tiny bit?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Scars and Marks that my parents could not explain. My parents also spoke of strange lights coming out of my bedroom once. I remember the encounters as insanely terrifying. You're a small kid and these dark eyes and huge heads loom above you. I was taken away...somewhere.

Somewhere unpleasant. I cried out at night that they were "coming to get me" like in your typical horror-movie. I remember a dark-droning-sound that appeared everytime they were about to arrive. I knew if I heard the sound, they would soon be there.

Many years later I was in a book shop and saw Whitley Striebers book "Communion" where I saw the depiction of Gray Alien for the first time outside of my nightly experiences. Standing in that bookshop I froze shock and recognition. Of course I bought the book. I was around 14 years old then.

Well my friend, so the suspicion I had after reading your reply about it game out.
Therefore, regarding the things you said above, I am convinced [my humble opinion] that you are in fact an abductee, because they all are fitting exactly in a real abduction scenario.
I find that a quite astounding novelty to hear from you.

Thanks for sharing and being so openly about it.

[edit on 11/11/09 by spacevisitor]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join