It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Positivity Challenge!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
- Anais Nin

I came across this online and thought it could do some good here on ATS

The original site is The Positivity Blog.

www.positivityblog.com...

10 reasons why you should become more positive.

1. You will create a better world around you.

2. You will make better first impressions.

3. You will focus on the good things in people.

4. It's easier to become more productive.

5. Work becomes more fun. Everything becomes more fun.

6. You become more attractive.

7. Being negative has very little concrete advantages.

8. It opens up your mind.

9. It puts the Law of Attraction to better use.

10. You'll waste less time.

The Positivity Challenge is this:

For 7 days you will try to only think positive thoughts. Whatever happens to you will see the good side of it and what positive things you can learn and take away from it. By the end of the week you will have started to discover the very real benefits of a positive thinking, how much negative thoughts there are both in you and the world (you might be surprised) and begun establishing a new habit to replace your old, less constructive one. And then you can continue from there.

What I suggesting here is not a mindless kind of positive thinking where you pretend everything is ok whilst the house and your bed is actually on fire. Instead it’s you noticing a situation or stimuli and then choosing a positive and useful response to it instead of reacting in a knee-jerk way.

It's you focusing on what could be a more positive and useful solution for you. Or even better, what could be a win-win situation if the situation involves other people (which many important situations in our lives do). A win-win solution is more often an even more satisfying and beneficial solution than the one where only you win.

www.positivityblog.com...

I like to think of myself as a positive person. But then again, I am bias. So to really test myself I am going to give the above challenge a shot.

I hope you do to. So that in seven days time (for those of you who are reading this today, whatever day today is) we can all feedback our experiences.

I really hope this works for everybody who takes part......(that was a positive thing to say...maybe its working already?)

Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

No problem! Long as I don't have to drive

As we all know the stress and negativity can be catching when looking into some of the threads on here. So, nice post! Good to see something positive on here.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've tried to just go down the positive route a few times, and while I've managed to keep on track it has worked really well, until some jerk comes along and manages to burst my bubble (Oops. Blown it already.)
But yes, it is refreshing to see a positive vibe on ATS for a change.
S'n' F for ya.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
S&F because I like the topic

I've worked with the loa for quite some time, or I should say I tried to work with it.
After I'd done all of the above for several weeks I can conclude that it works... for a while, for small succes.

But after a few weeks it was as if a bom exploded inside of me and all the negative energy from several weeks came out all at once.

So for anyone trying this I can only sugest that you also find a way to work off your stress, let it out of your system in a positive way (if that is possible at all) and don't lock it up inside

Some are going to say that I 'did it all wrong', sure I did it wrong, if that was my outcome then something wasn't right.
Just preventing others from making the same mistake

my two cents

[edit on 8/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Being negative has more advantages, than being positive.

The blogger who wrote about being positive, does not have to put up with being monitored 24/7 with mind control.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nice one guys/gals

GypsK, some good advice there. I think bottling everything up is a bad idea. We don't want to turn into one dimensional robots. I believe recognizing and subsequently venting negativity is the best way to deal with it.

Lets stay positive ATS

Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
S&F
Interesting topic.

I freely admit to being a bit of a cynic (more than I would like to be) so I will take this challenge. Finding win-win solutions to problems and/or obstacles in daily life is a great habit to get into (one of the 7 Habits) along with the ideas of improvising, adapting and overcoming obstacles and stressors, ... perhaps time to practice it a bit, myself...

I agree with GypsK though, balance is key and if one works on that in their life, much of these ideas fall into place. I'm not great at always finding balance, but I do try.

7 days huh? I'm already wondering if I can make it... off to find the positive in all the rain coming down outside...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Another brave soul willing to take the challenge

Yes GypsK did raise a great point, after all, without balance...we fall.

I too can be very cynical at times. As for the rain...its raining here too, but i happen to love the rain, without it where would we be. Rain = life. What is more positive than that?

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join