It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not be alarmed by Black Hawk helicopters swooping over the Valley.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Do not be alarmed by Black Hawk helicopters swooping over the Valley.

latimesblogs.latimes.com

If you're in the San Fernando Valley in the coming days and are startled by a couple of loud military helicopters swooping around high-rise buildings, don't worry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
lapdblog.typepad.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
forum.prisonplanet.com...
www.meetup.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not a lot of news but the implications are there, if your looking. As the Blackhawks cruse over Lankershim Blvd hittin the switches, one might be tempted to think that all the best possible routs, the ones hardest to set up road blocks on and support with the necessary logistics, out of the Lost Angeles Metro area have all ready been burned up by all the fires in the hills, so all we can hope for is to stay really really high as they prepare to hold the city with air superiority...that is what they are trained to do...to hold an area for Combined Arms Operations in Urban Terrain (FM 3-06.11) as well as for Urban Operations (FM 3-06), Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures for Fire Support for the Combined Arms Commander (FM 3-09.31 (FM 6-71) MCRP 3-16C) and several others. So what, one might say, training is training and there isn't a darned thing you can do. Too true fellow traveler, too true. Yet Officer Steve Scallon of the LAPD wants everyone to be calm when this is going down. He was the same Officer that disputed reports by numerous residents of Echo Park that Blackhawk helicopters weren't flying in the dark without lights during semi-secret operations in that area between June 15-27of this year where the Los Angeles Police Department provided support for joint military training exercises in HelL.A. No one likes a shill (government or otherwise) unless he's barking about the sensual Siamese twins that can do things no normal woman could ever do. Now that sounds allot like FM 3-19.40 (the support and not the dancing...but who can tell what happens out there at the hidden radar stations just to the north of SFV) which is for Military Police Internment/Resettlement Operations. Not that these exercises weren't originally drafted for use outside of our nation, but to use them in Cali? Heck, we have no guns. All we have is Mary Jane and she's stuck sitting on the couch watching chick flicks and texting her neighbors about the Swine Flu Vaccines available at Hollywood High. And who the heck cares you might say. 'I'm in such and such town located comfortably between many fly-over states anyway and those freaks on the Left Coast are just foolish peaceniks who voted away most of their gun rights and are gonna get what they deserve for letting all the illegals cut their laws and clean their pools and making the rest of poor America pay for their illegal employees dental cleaning bills and that 1984 BMW that their gardner sold in the Cash 4 Clunkers fiasco.' We had to pay too BTW, we also pay taxes...but no one seems to notice that little fact when the irate voices crank up about the ignorance of the Liberal Left out on the edge of the nation. But like any other point in time where some were put under the heel before others, cry out for us, and we will stand up for you. That is when I'm done eating this whole box of Hydrox cookies and milk.

latimesblogs.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Most Likely practising Manouvers for any possible Military role if the president of Venezuela declares war.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Most Likely practising Manouvers for any possible Military role if the president of Venezuela declares war.

How did you come to that conclusion??

Seems a bit random to me - or have I missed something?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Im surprised noone on here or the MSM apart from Twitter BNO has picked up on it.

"Venezuelan President Chavez tells his army to "prepare for war" and warns Colombia and the U.S. they are "ready for anything."

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Found a little more on the LAPD website LAPD

here's the text for those who can't link

News Release
Friday, November 6, 2009

Military Flight Training Exercises NR09535jr

Los Angeles: On November 8 and 9, 2009, military flight training exercises will occur in and around the greater Los Angeles area.

The military operation will be routine proficiency flight training exercises. Training sites have been carefully selected so that activities will not interfere with the daily routines of the community. Training will occur after 5 p.m. each day and will be generally in Central and West Valley Areas.

The training is not open to the public.

Questions or concerns may be directed to Officer Steve Scallon at 213-305-4685 or LAPD Media Relations at 213-485-3586.

I have placed a call to Off.Scallon and left a message. As sson or if I hear from him I will let you know.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Kind of makes me wonder why they would be using civilian areas for profiency flights, especially if something were to happen. Also I have never been to that area in California what kind of terrain are we looking at. Maybe we can extrapolate an overseas target from the area.

new topics

top topics

join