I was surfing the internet gathering information on ancient culture beliefs when I came across this
intersting web site boasting to be The Official Church of Satan.
In it they have a comparable list to that of the Catholic Church's 7 deadly sins Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride. The list is
called The Nine Satanic Sins ( is that a funny oxymoron or what) I guess all organizations need rules.
1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one
thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a
cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be
2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity
for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
3. Solipsism—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less
attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them.
They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires
constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation
of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of
the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when
it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But
only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by
the whims of the many.
6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a
threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind.
That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not
be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when
in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the
creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule
of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to
say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It
is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer
society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s
supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and
harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
Im wondering what happens if someone breaks one of these sins ? Whats the punishment? Do they go to heaven ?
This is just creepy stuff. Its amazing that this type of religion even exists. This doctrine goes against everthing Judeo–Christians believe.
((accidental button push.... sorry - text replaced))
[edit on 9-11-2009 by Maxmars]
[edit on Mon Nov 9 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]