It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Science explained away Religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Please allow me to share my occult view on this topic.

I agree with one Initiate that once said: What mankind calls Miracles (make water to wine, walk on water, divide waters etc) is for Us (the Masters) only having the ability to control and use natures powers - in future science will be able to do the same.

What he ment was, that science and religion will melt together at some point.

So I guess sciense and religion is 2 sides....

My conclusion after having listend and seen alot of interviews from here and Project Camelot, is more or less the same:
The aliens / UFO's placed mankind here on earth some time ago, and presented themselves as Krishna, Jesus, Buddha etc.

And if Aliens can fly through time and present themselves as a Master starting religion so that we - mankind - can evolve ourselves, I see the connection again through science and religion (made by aliens / acsended masters
)

I dont know if the above makes sense at all - sorry for my bad english.

Best regards from Denmark

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Science and religion are not mutually exclusive. There is room for both.

Science will therefore never be able to rule out religion.

Religion is a crutch that a lot of mankind clings to whereas science deals in facts.

Spirituality, on the other hand, is another matter but also cannot be ruled out.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
This is really a terrible and unlogical thread. I am a scientist and also a born again Christian and I can say that quantum physics is absolutely pointing to the very existance of a Creator more and more as it develops into a well functioning science on which all other physics are connected. So I find it laughable at this point to think that science will disprove God.

This is exactly the kind of ranting I would expect someone who doesn't know what they are talking about to utter. If you were to watch Mechio Kaku on tv you would have heard him declair that science is definately pointing to an origin from God. So unless your credentials are better than his then shut up. You are the type that will never believe even when the proof is finally presented. I feel that you are just trying to mentally avoid any responsibility for your sin. No matter what you do you are still a sinner we all are and only difference is you are running from it and I accept it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If science explained away religion NOTHING would happen.

Religion is all about faith, sticking to your guns and being too stubborn to accept the real facts.

Look at the world in the way it is right now, It's good evidence that there is no god anyway.. Either that or he likes to play favourites.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A general reply for those whom think that we will find out the answer when we die. I say no, for then it is too late! Your consciousness will cease along with your life (if not before that! In that sense, I think many of us has already died!). What then, is left to find out?

-v

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
science and religion are 2 sides of the same coin.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Pesonally I am a spiritual individual and I try to understand religion and science as best as I can. So if science some how explained away religion I guess I would just have to adjust to the intelligence change. But I am sure there is an ETERNAL GOD that made everything.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My thoughts on this: I think that no matter how logically it's explained to people, not everyone will accept it as truth...even if it is. Since our time on earth began, we've always wondered why we're here and what our purpose is. That is expanded upon with religion, which gives a sense of purpose. Believe it or not, a lot of people need to hang on to that sense of purpose because they cannot concieve that our life as just another chapter to Earth's history. It's also that very thing, however, that holds them back.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

What is the real truth? There is no god? Prove it...

Maybe it's not so much playing favorites as it is not his responsibility to clean up after us. It's ours.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've always loved how people put the word "Religion" in a little box all by itself.

Tell me... What do you beleive?

Guess what bub. That's your religion!

They will never explain religion because then they would have to explain away every belief system on earth,

Which includes:

Atheism, Agnosticism, Buddhism (which includes Baha'i), Hinduism, Vodun (Voodo), Scientology, Islam, Judaism, Aboriginal Faiths, Secular Humanists, Jainism, Confucianism, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoism, Wicca, Zoroastrianism, Druidism, Caodaism, Damanhur, Deism, Druze, Eckankar, Roma (Gypsies), Ifa, Lukumi, Macumba, Mowahhidoon, Native American (Spirituality), Santeria, Elian Gonzalez (Religious Movement), Unitarianism, Church of Satan, and Christianity.

Did I miss any?

Edit:

I felt that perhaps my thread needed a little more to explain my true point:

What I'm trying to say is not to use the word Religion. Use the word Christianity if you disagree with Christianity. Use the word Islam if you disagree with the Muslim faith. Use any of the words I said above or others that where not mentioned. The word "religion" is too vague and is not the appropriate terminology.

I also have to mention to those that say there is more evidence to support god does not exist than the alternative. This is also an incorrect statement. You cannot disprove god. You have to understand that all religion (any belief system that mankind has ever had including the current beliefs which would also include Atheism and Christianity) on earth may be completely incorrect. We all might be mistaken as to what "god" really is and in what form they exist. (our universe might be one giant mind for all we know! You know this is correct since no existing theory or scientific law includes or excludes those that support a universal neural network, M theory, String Theory, etc. etc. can prove or disprove any of this. None of these:
A list to scientific laws that most of you will probably use later as a reference.)
can prove or disprove anything. You're religion (or belief system) stands no matter whether you believe in god or not. Whether you embody anything on that list at all.

Imagine all the religions that might exist throughout the universe for every species everywhere else. Imagine of we are a common occurrence, or even not so common. Either way, who is to say any of us have it really pegged. No matter what form, no one can be 100% sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a personal note:

Personally, I believe in god. Some may call it idiotic, speculative, naive, or downright stupid. The fact remains. I would like to believe that there is perhaps a purpose, logical path, or perhaps a meaning to things. You can flame all you want that I said "Believe" or whatnot, but I will still believe what I want. I think you have this right as well.

to the OP:

Nothing will happen, because some people will believe that there is something bigger than them. There are people that say they are their own god and whatnot, but then we loose the ability to be Humble.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Prove there is no god? I don't think the onus is on me, considering there's more proof that there isn't a god.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Prove there is , Prove there isn't
It doesn't matter when both answers are tainted
in each others eyes.

We debate that there is , We debate that there isn't
It doesn't matter when both answers are false
in each others eyes.

Why not keep both answers to our selves and
just look for the answers that will help all of us
instead of our egos?

Its the old question like the chicken and egg what came first.

If science proved that gasses and dust formed the universe then how did the gasses and dust get there?

There will always be questions and there will always be faith in something starting it all.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Impossible.

Science can never "prove" belief, or trump it for that matter.

There's always going to be somebody who claims there is a higher power, no matter what "science" (i.e, Our Best Guess At The Time) has to say about it.

~keeper

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

What proves there isn't a god.

I want to see sources.

I want to see references from books or writings.

I want to see scientific descriptions of actions that occur in nature that (even if every religion that ever existed is wrong) would prove that there is no possibility of the entire universe being a living being, or having an external creator.

There is no evidence to say that there is no god.

There are some that even use something as hilarious as evolution to disprove god! Even if the theory of evolution is absolutely right it doesn't disprove anything except already accepted religious beliefs. There in fact is not one iota of science that can prove or disprove the existence of a higher being existing in this universe.

Disbelief all you want. I don't' care what you say about religion or god! Do not use the words fact or proof because there is none in either side of the argument no matter whether you are talking about a religion that exists or none at all. (which btw Atheism is in "fact" your religion if that is what you believe).

WHY DO WE EVEN CARE WHO IS WHAT RELIGION ANYWAY! CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT RELIGION (ANY Fing BELIEF SYSTEM) AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT PLEASE!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
Science and religion are not mutually exclusive.

In fact, for better understanding, we take the facts of science and apply them.
And if both factors keep evolving, then we continue getting information.
But cutting off all possibilities, makes it hard to see the bigger picture.

-

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Science has already explained away homeopathy but it still a multi-billion dollar industry selling people little white balls of starch. In other words, science can't help us.. only a cleansing of the gene pool can do any good.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

WHY DO WE EVEN CARE WHO IS WHAT RELIGION ANYWAY! CAN WE PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT RELIGION (ANY Fing BELIEF SYSTEM) AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT PLEASE!!!!!

Hah, couldn't agree more.
Consider this my internet equivalent of shaking hands.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I perferred your concise unedited version better

You had already "nailed it":

Tell me... What do you beleive?
Guess what bub. That's your religion!

Science IS a religion!!!!!

But, I understand why you did !

Many including OP relate the concept of "religion" to a specific "brand"

We all in some way/degree are interested in science to be viewing this forum.

However, the expectations of some are bizzare!

When Mr Mad Scientist can create another observable universe... lets face it he would have to develop one bigger than a test tube.

I personally would happily accept somethingsay Disneyland size... but they would have to have ... ALL the answers about EVERYTHING!

Then, the OP, might? be able to convince????? ...all those who SIMPLY retort:

"I DONT BELIEVE IT! It is a surely a Conspiracy!"

Also.... he would have to make sure everyone on the PLANET paid attention, then understood all his language (the scientific math stuff too), and then all "got it"!

I contend many would still ....happily drink beer, focus on sex and money, go to their variety of "church", and say I just don't understand!

We all often .... believe.... a chair, is good for sitting on to hold us above the floor!

Occasionally our "faith" is wrong!.... because it breaks and ...we fall!

Everyone bases their entire minute by minute life, on some form of belief!!!!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Has2b]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Has2b

Yeah, there is a time in everyone's life that they just feel the need to rant. Sometimes we just have to come back and "elaborate".

I work tirelessly to end this dumb argument we get into sometimes. You know, religion, God, and all that. Maybe one day we will all realize that we are in this together.

Is it wrong to believe in maybe a contributing power that is higher than myself? Surely the only answer to the ultimate question will come when we cross the borders of this mortal coil. Until that day, is it wrong to hope for the best?

But, that's just me.

Thanks for the feed back.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The meeting point of science and religion has now been established in rigorous mathematical terms. Visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
and study the 51 research articles (downloadable PDFs) which prove:

1. the sacred geometries of Jewish Kabbalah, Hindu Sri Yantra, Taoist I Ching and ancient Greek Platonic solids are isomorphic despite their origins being separated by thousands of miles and years;
2. these scared geometries embody the same information about the nature of reality - both physical and superphysical;
3. they embody the group mathematics of the Lie groups O(32), E8 and E8xE8 that were discovered in 1984 by physicists Michael Green and Gary Schwarz to be the symmetry groups for the Yang-Mills fields mediating the forces between 10-dimensional superstrings.
4. they are geometrical representations of the interval composition of the seven types of musical scales used in Roman Catholic Church music for hundreds of years and known to the ancient Greeks and Egyptians.
5. the ancient Hebrew Divine Names are mathematical prescriptions of the very nature of reality. Because of their transcendental, archetypal nature, they design Eastern sacred geometries as well because these, too, are holistic systems.
6. the Pythagorean tetractys is the "Rosetta's Stone" that decodes information in the sacred geometries of certain religions and allows an irrefutable connection to be made between their teachings and discoveries in superstring theory, the mathematics of music, the codon pattern in human RNA, etc.

If you wish to move beyond the bogus cultural dichotomy between science and religion to the next level of integration of ALL kinds of knowledge, spend some time studying this challenging research. You will find it rewarding beyond your dreams. You will discover incontrovertible evidence of transcendental DESIGN that will both shock and delight you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join