It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank "SWIFT" Codes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Occasionally I do an international wire transfer. For those who do not know, each bank has what is know as a "SWIFT" code which identifies that particular bank for use in doing international transfers of funds electronically.

I had never paid much attention to numbers, until recently I learned that the number 33 has a special significance with some "secret societies".

So the other day I needed to do a wire to Chase bank and I noticed the SWIFT code for Chase is CHASEUS33

BANKERS TRUST IS BKRSTRS33

CITIBANK IS CITIUS33

WACHOVIA IS PNBPUS33

UNION BANK OF CALIFORNIA IS BOFCUS33

There are more and Bank of America has a 3 in their swift code

I don't know why this would be the case but it seemed rather odd to me unless the U.S. was assigned the number 3 or 33 by whoever developed the SWIFT code system. I did notice however a couple of U.S. banks who do not have a 3 or 33 as part of the swift code.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
my thougts are that it has something to do with that that these bank are run by a freemason. and they want to secretly, but openly advertise that they are a 33rd degree mason.

it is not illegal to do and nothing particulary nasty about it.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
the 3N or 33 refers to New York. It is a code for the local branch. For example, London (UK) would be 2L or 22.

Further info: knol.google.com...#

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

The Swift-code is made up like this:

The SWIFT code is 8 or 11 characters, made up of:

4 characters - bank code (only letters)
2 characters - ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code (only letters)
2 characters - location code (letters and digits) (if the second character is '1', then it denotes a passive participant in the SWIFT network)
3 characters - branch code, optional ('XXX' for primary office) (letters and digits)
Where an 8-digit code is given, it may be assumed that it refers to the primary office.

(From the wiki-page of the ISO 9362 standard)

The code you provide for bankers trust looks odd. And when I query it on Swift.com:

Query results Active as of 7 Nov 2009

N° BIC code Institution Branch name City heading
1 BTCDUS44XXX BANKERS TRUST COMPANY, N.A. DES MOINES,IA
2 TRCCUS61XXX BANKERS TRUST COMPANY OF CALIFORNIA LOS ANGELES,CA

The code you mentioned does not exist in the swift network.
As for the other codes. You are right, it's odd that the branch-code is (mis-)used to identify a bankgroup. I played with the search option a little and it looks like the banks use the branch code as a country identifier on top of the normal code.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is a list of International banks with SWIFT codes. Others end is 33 and many do not. I suppose there could be a connection, but you would need to find the common denominator.

swift-codes.blogspot.com...

www.bankalfalah.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
my thougts are that it has something to do with that that these bank are run by a freemason. and they want to secretly, but openly advertise that they are a 33rd degree mason.

it is not illegal to do and nothing particulary nasty about it.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by MR BOB]

All banks are run by "a" Freemason? That's hilarious!

Besides the Medici's were Gods Bankers, not the Freemasons. (*rolls eyes*)

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

excuse me?

who do you think you are. get off your high horse. my opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

i contributed to the thread. if you dont like it go elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

And "God's Banker" was Roberto Calvi, a Freemason of the P2 persuasion.

reply to post by MR BOB

Take it easy Bob. Alethea did not attack you personally, he only commented on your opinion.

I also happen to think it's hilarious to think that the owners of Chase Manhattan and Citigroup are 33° masons who "secretly" but "openly" display the #33 in their banks' SWIFT#.

Might not be relevant to today's ownership, but both banks were Rockefeller Banks, who are definitely not into Freemasonry. J.D. Rockefeller was at one time the largest shareholder in Chase National Bank. His brother William, founded National City Bank of New York.

[edit on 9/11/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

[edit on 9/11/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Swift Codes for banks in the world, you can see on blog bankswiftcode.blogspot.com...

top topics

join