It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I beg of you read this. Stop the drama...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have wanted to make a post like this for some time. I now know why I don't fit in and what is wrong with the world. Simply put it is drama. We are obsessed with it. We cannot live a happy life without something to gossip about. What ever happened to live and let live? Treat others the way you want to be treated? Not in this day and age.

While we are all sitting around gossiping, the world and this country are spinning into chaos. But, well, that gives us more to gossip about right? I guess we can go back to our simple, non-committal lives then. Truly, this whole country needs to grow up. We are becoming perpetual children. Grow up and then things will change.

How can we change things? First, grow up. Accept responsibility. You will never change this world with a child’s mindset. Real men and women are missing in this country, but it is our own fault. How do you change? Stop caring about what others think, and do what you know you have to do. Become a MAN, become a WOMAN. Leave childhood behind. No one can change a system if they are too afraid of what others might think. This is not high school anymore!

So I’m an adult now and I want to fix things, what should I do?
It is a simple answer to a simple question. The answer is Gandhi-peaceful resistance. As for now, everyone is getting out of control, and we are full of anger. Anger only brings more anger. Stop this cycle of hate. I beg of everyone. Grow up, and do things that you aren’t supposed to. Just because someone says you can’t do something or you have to do something doesn’t matter. If we are free then live free! Do what you always wanted (but remember treat others how you want to be treated).

There are always more options out there for you. I am very saddened that so many of you talk of violent revolt. There are other ways! We are not limited to guns and violence! Our base instincts are at work in this. When we are afraid we get mad and want to hurt/kill. Are we still monkeys? Do you have any control of yourself?

Research Gandhi. He freed India. There are so many peaceful/non-violent things we could do to change this country if everyone works together. All we have to do is stand together again. Life is much simpler than we make it. Life-eat, breath, propagate, survive. We make things too complicated. We create drama. Unfortunately, people buy into the divide and conquer mentality that this culture presents. Right/left, male/female, straight/gay, black/white, religious/sinner, republican/democrat, rich/poor are just to name a few. We need to grow up and see past petty differences! I’m sorry to say this, but we are not all that different you and I. We are products of our past. Look past that and you will be a real man/woman. I promise you that.

What can we do? If we all communicated (I know it is hard, no one does it anymore beyond gossip), then we could accomplish. The government could be run by the people and not by the rich. Money will never win over a group demanding something. It never has and never will. That is why the internet is an enemy to the powers that be. It allows people to raise a voice and band together. Can you not see that?

We need to form peaceful resistance. What would the government be without the people it governs? Nothing! It would just be a group of rich a-holes fighting with one another on an ego trip (try to imagine how funny that’d be).

We give them power. We can take it away. It isn’t as simple as voting. It requires more work on our part (god forbid I just want to gossip). When the people of this country become real men and women again, it will be controlled by the people. Until then, you will be treated like children.

[edit on 11/8/2009 by Draves]

mod edit: to remove request from title

[edit on Sun Nov 8 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What I want to see happen~
If you have followed this far then I thank you. What I truly desire is for everyone to put aside their differences and work together. If everyone stopped working at the same time and demanded something from the government, don’t you think they would oblige? If everyone stopped working until income tax was removed do you not think it could change? We just need to band together. That is what the internet is for. That is why it is the enemy. We can change things to how we want it and how it should be! Stop gossiping and daydreaming about what should be and make it real.

I beg of all of you to grow up and see the truth in this. It only takes one person to start something. It takes a second to make it a group. From there it can become a new world. Please let someone out there read through these lines and see what I am saying. Please let me make this happen. Please. We need this. The world will never change without this real change. Peace and love.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Everyone has a different perspective than each other. some are the same due to we grow up in similar social structures and cultures, but its all about what we learn.

Saying we all have a problem with making someone feel bad is a insult to a lot of people who do not do that.

This is happening, you just don't see a lot of it.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by gandhi]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Everyone has a different perspective than each other. some are the same due to we grow up in similar social structures and cultures, but its all about what we learn.

Saying we all have a problem with making someone feel bad is a insult to a lot of people who do not do that.

Yes! I love you. You are saying the same thing as me. Yes, we all have some differences. It is based on what we learn from growing up. If we can put our small differences aside and see how similar we are, we can work together to change the world.

Now now....some of us never make others feel bad/insult? It is a matter of realizing it. We influence others with every action we take whether you like it or not. Sometimes this offends others. You really can't help it.

It boils down to the sex game/gossip/genetics. We compete. Lets take a trip into my past for a second. I lost 100lbs and was very fit for a long time to win a girl. I inadvertently made others feel bad because I was the way I was (model material). I was slim, attractive, and happy. I was happy. Others see that as cocky and they try to bring you down. Being happy with yourself is not something this culture can deal with. Do you understand? I was happy and that upset others. I didn't do it on purpouse but it happens. We may not realize the consequences to our actions, but if we were all adults, we would try to figure out why a person is acting a certain way or why they are the way they are. Don't get upset and talk to others about that weird person...talk to the person and let them explain it themselves. You will find out that deep down the person is beautiful and they have their own reasons.

All we have to do is try to understand what others are trying to communicate. We all have a problem with making someone feel bad? I did not say we do it on purpouse. I believe in the human race and I believe that we are mostly good at heart. We need to look past what we say, see, and do. When we gossip or talk bad about someone it usually gets back to the person. We may not expect it to, but gossip is a huge problem. Gossip is a way of telling someone something without dealing with a problem directly. We need to deal with things straight up. Someone told you a secret? Tell them that you are going to tell someone else and why. Don't have expectations that the person you plan to tell will keep the secret too. No expectation. Peace....love...god if only i could find someone.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Once again, one sided idealism strikes a blow for ........ one sided idealism.

Simple pacifism is not a solution. It is just as mindless as the hate and violence you speak out against.

Without balance we cannot succeed.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Once again, one sided idealism strikes a blow for ........ one sided idealism.

Simple pacifism is not a solution. It is just as mindless as the hate and violence you speak out against.

Without balance we cannot succeed.

Idealism.....really? Did you read my post? Better yet, did you try to understand it? I am not trying to be left or right. I am presenting a solution to a problem.

If enough people came together, pacifism/peaceful resistance will be sufficient to change the world. We don't need to fight. All we have to do is hit them where it hurts them. They care about money. It is easy to effect money/economy with large numbers.

What balance is needed when the people run the government on a (truly) popular vote (for every bill/law)?

We have the internet lets use it constructively. Lets make ever vote a popular one or it wont pass. We can be great.

I think that statement is so true I wont go further....

Edit~
I thought of something worth mentioning.
How are my statements one sided when I preach understanding one another?

I am saying we need to understand one another to make things happen. I understand a lot. I understand you. I have always made it my burden to understand things. It has actually caused me much grief. People don't want to be understood. They don't want their secrets known.

I want to know where others are coming from. Peaceful resistance is the most effective and most easily accomplish action we have to make the world the way we want.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm in!

But there is one thing that you missed and that we are all missing for this change to come true. THE END. You just presented the means and how easy it is to make use of it. But...we need a plan to when we all become grown ups. A really good plan, that will show everyone how good life can actually be without having to destroy whoever they think the enemy is.
A plan that can be easily presented and convince even the dumbest and laziest that this is the thing to do.

I believe this plan is coming forth, I think there are people already working on this for soon. Be patient and keep spreading the awareness so that when the time comes everyone is prepared and ready to make it happen.

The time is coming, as fast as it could. People are getting more and more anxious by the day because they feel something but they dont know what it is. They are looking for answers, some of us can provide them. Some are still looking for questions, that we can all provide.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
I'm in!

But there is one thing that you missed and that we are all missing for this change to come true. THE END. You just presented the means and how easy it is to make use of it. But...we need a plan to when we all become grown ups. A really good plan, that will show everyone how good life can actually be without having to destroy whoever they think the enemy is.
A plan that can be easily presented and convince even the dumbest and laziest that this is the thing to do.

I believe this plan is coming forth, I think there are people already working on this for soon. Be patient and keep spreading the awareness so that when the time comes everyone is prepared and ready to make it happen.

The time is coming, as fast as it could. People are getting more and more anxious by the day because they feel something but they dont know what it is. They are looking for answers, some of us can provide them. Some are still looking for questions, that we can all provide.

Ok, I was about to bash you but I read the whole post and was happy. It is unfortunate that we can't all be at the same place at once. It comes down to understanding. Gossip is the opposite of understanding. We talk to friends to figure out what others problems are. Why not just talk to them directly?

Anyways gossips was really just a metaphor, to speak, of our real problems.

Yes I presented a solution. If I found enough people I could make a plan. Unfortunately, there are not enough people out there willing to listen to/UNDERSTAND what I am saying/asking.

I could make a plan better than and could produce it faster than any group out there. I am not a dumb person by any means. I am "special," I have good intentions, and I want this to happen.

But i guess if I need to relate to the most brain dead of people, I need to explain the "please read between the lines" part. I need to tell them exactly the way the world could be if we did this. I can visualize it in my head easily, and trying to communicate that is a challenge. I need to relate better to the herd. It is my biggest hope and dream that something like this happens. I have waited for so long for someone to start it. We all have. Isn't it about time someone just did it?

I have great ideas. I have bad ideas. I believe my ideas could change the world for the better. I can only hope and understand. Peace and love.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just wanted to say I am not out to offend anyone. If you are offended please respond. It is good to understand others. Lets understand one another. Please....I am on my knees (literally...i s**t you not...i got on my knees when i posted this). Please. Just try. Reach out. Understand. I am willing to open all my doors so that you can understand.

Random thought~
If we were going to create a third party it would be the internet party. A political candidate that bases everything they do on a popular vote....it would be a first step.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Draves

I truly believe the only way a real change will come is through bloodshed.

Its not the way i would want it to be, but that's what i think will be needed. One moment. A catalyst that wakes everybody up to the reality of the situation. Something that gets them interested.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Why would the masses want to do anything when, as far as they are concerned, there is no problem.

Provocation is needed. They need to make the first mistake. Then we need to build on it.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I also want to say that this is a message. This is one of my deepest desires. My biggest secret/desire.

If you were pouring your heart out wouldn't you want it on the front page? Please flag/star. I am not out for points. I am willing to follow this through and respond to comments. Please open your eyes. Read between the lines. Realize we are star dust. We are eternal. At the same time we are all special.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draves
How are my statements one sided when I preach understanding one another?

Your statements are quite one sided.
The fact that you"preach" (your words) would indicate that you feel they come from some level of authority beyond the average person. Is this the case?

I am saying we need to understand one another to make things happen. I understand a lot. I understand you.

No. You really don't understand me.

That's not a slight or insult. It's just a fact.

I have no problem saying that I don't understand you.

I have always made it my burden to understand things.

Your self imposed 'burden' to understand things is quite admirable but maybe your 'understanding' of things is not as complete as you would like to believe.

Peaceful resistance is the most effective and most easily accomplish action we have to make the world the way we want.

Your convictions about peaceful resistance are not effective or easy. Making the world the way you want it is not easy either because most people want different things.

Don't get me wrong, I believe your sentiments are admirable but they are analagous to a herd of zebras deciding to exercise peaceful resistance with the local pride of lions.

It doesn't always work in the real world.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Draves

I truly believe the only way a real change will come is through bloodshed.

Its not the way i would want it to be, but that's what i think will be needed. One moment. A catalyst that wakes everybody up to the reality of the situation. Something that gets them interested.

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Why would the masses want to do anything when, as far as they are concerned, there is no problem.

Provocation is needed. They need to make the first mistake. Then we need to build on it.

Peace.

You don't want bloodshed but its necessary? That is depressing. You can show people the way the world could be and the way it should be without bloodshed. Just understand one another. If you can make others understand that, it is all that matters. No death. No war. Just talk.

People say talk is cheap....that is because the only thing they talk is gossip. Sit down and relate to others. Hear their story/issues. Try for god sake. It never happens anymore.

We have made enough mistakes...isn't it about time we learned from them? We are not seperate countries-we are not separate people-we are not different. We are one world god dammit!

We are products of our upbringing, yes. Get past it and grow up. See past the lies. Deny ignorance. Whatever you want to call it. Please open your eyes. Eyes wide shut can't apply anymore. The future is space. Until we are truly one we are stuck here. There is a lot out there. Will we be here forever?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Draves

The only thing needed to change the world is a few well placed shots. If the power hungry elites didn't exist, then we wouldn't have to worry about anything. Kinda like the health-care thing that's starting to pass. The majority of the country don't want it, but the power hungry know-what's-best-for-all ain't listening. If they weren't here to raise taxes and continue to further enslave us, then we would truly be free. This whole voting thing is just a game, it doesn't exist, it's just there to make us think we're doing something. So do something. Our forefathers didn't take no for an answer when the British decided they wanted to continue tyranny. WHY SHOULD WE?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If you can make others understand that, it is all that matters. No death. No war. Just talk.

I have a question.
How are you going to "make others understand" if they don't want to, don't believe you, don't trust you, DON'T AGREE WITH YOU, etc...?

Unless of course you threaten violence, but then you actually have to back up what you say. But then you're a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Draves

You don't want bloodshed but its necessary? That is depressing.

Yes, it is depressing.

Get past it and grow up. See past the lies. Deny ignorance. Whatever you want to call it. Please open your eyes. Eyes wide shut can't apply anymore.

Please don't patronize me. You are preaching to the choir.

You are living in a fantasy world.
Words. That's all they are.

What are you doing to make a change?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well I got some Kleenex for you, or maybe a shoulder..better yet how about a 1-800 number. The world is so much more complex than that, although we need more thoughts like this, but it's not that simple. I really wish it was. The way society is built in so many ways, in so many different places and factors keeps these thing's from coming about. Good luck with your fight, because we all have one, in one sense or another.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by ejaylinz]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i tihnk the main problem is stupidity.
think aobut how stupid the average person is.
then think about the fact that the average person, as stupid and careless as they are, is smarter than half the entire population.
scary stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
do you really think this thread is gonna make people change? the worlds not perfect and your just shouting about how it should be and why it isnt...you cant and wont change a thing this thread is pointless

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So I’m an adult now and I want to fix things, what should I do?
It is a simple answer to a simple question. The answer is Gandhi-peaceful resistance. As for now, everyone is getting out of control, and we are full of anger. Anger only brings more anger. Stop this cycle of hate. I beg of everyone. Grow up, and do things that you aren’t supposed to. Just because someone says you can’t do something or you have to do something doesn’t matter. If we are free then live free! Do what you always wanted (but remember treat others how you want to be treated).

Hmmm... In order to obtain freedom, you have to be willing to die for freedom. If you think waving the white flag will help you, I beg to differ in your present take of reality. While you wave the white flag of surrender, your enemies will not hesitate to remove you from the chess board. We don't live in a Utopian society.

Your whole post is about accepting complacency. When you embrace your enemy with a hug, don't be surprised when he detonates a bomb.

Complacency is death.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Pathos]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join