It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Catch and Release"?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok,but it might be around 3:00 this afternoon,(California time).

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

here are the files: www.upload.mn...

www.upload.mn...

There were actually only three pictures. The "grim reaper" photo was one with and without the time and date showing.

Let me know what you find out!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

No need to check for photoshopping on this one

After looking at the three photo's that you have up loaded, it seems to me as if the object that you think may be "the grim reaper" is clearly an area of a boulders that is in shadow. More of these boulders can be seen in one of the other two photo's.

It is close to the side of the road you where driving. You can clearly see the road's barricades.

I am no photographic expert but it seems as though the majority of the landscape has been overexposed and so it makes things that have shadow on them stand out ... such as "the grim reaper" boulder.

You can see another part of a boulder in shadow just to the right of "the grim reaper" boulder.

This is a classic case of pareidolia ... for those not in the know:

Pareidolia

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

I could accept that answer,except why did it show up months after I'd taken these trips,with the wrong date and time?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All of the images where taken at the end of January.. so Im not sure what you mean..

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Go back and look at the times and dates. Two pictures even have identical dates and times,how is that possible? The "2:53" is the wrong time for one of the photos,but did line up with the time I saw the "whatever it is". Remember,I did not try to photograph what I thought at the time to be a hallucination either!

No offense,but when you called me "Bro" a while back,I wondered if you read what I wrote very closely.

The "whatever it is" photo showed up out of nowhere,and that's the thing I really can't explain. My camera functions just fine.

In any case,I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this with me. You can always U2U me if you want to talk about this "off the record",so to speak!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

Go back and look at the times and dates. Two pictures even have identical dates and times,how is that possible? The "2:53" is the wrong time for one of the photos,but did line up with the time I saw the "whatever it is". Remember,I did not try to photograph what I thought at the time to be a hallucination either!

No offense,but when you called me "Bro" a while back,I wondered if you read what I wrote very closely.

The "whatever it is" photo showed up out of nowhere,and that's the thing I really can't explain. My camera functions just fine.

In any case,I appreciate you taking the time to discuss this with me. You can always U2U me if you want to talk about this "off the record",so to speak!

For two images to have the same time "2:53" both images would have had to have been taken within 60 seconds of each other. In both images, you will see the same type of guard rails. If you take the "boulder shadow" explanation for the 'Grim Reaper' the images both seem to share the same type of background as well.

Also, your camera obviously does NOT function without error.

1. The time/date is incorrect. Possibly the product of human error, but let's assume it is mechanical error.

2. The camera took a picture without your knowledge. Again, this could have been something you did, but let's assume it's mechanical.

3. The photo did not register in the memory until after your trip. I cannot imagine how this is mechanical, but because the other camera malfunctions we can safely assume that this could possibly be mechanical as well.

Now, let's look at another scenario.

1. The date/time is incorrect. Human error. Batteries were replaced possibly, and you neglected to reset the time.

2. You took the picture accidentally. Human error. You took a picture of the scenery and then accidentally took a second within 60 seconds.

3. You did not notice the accidental image until after your trip. If we take into account the other human errors, it is possible that you also made an error in actually seeing this image on the camera.

Personally, I think it's a combination of both. I think your camera made a malfunction and that you didn't notice it until your trip was over.

A more sinister individual might also notice your other photos and think that maybe you saw the images and then crafted the Grim Reaper story to fit the image AFTER you found it. But I am not suggesting that that is what I think.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

And there's the rub! Here,I am just an anonymous poster. If you knew me,you'd know that I'm not the kind of person to make things up.

Makes me wonder why I bothered telling my story at all. To me,it is significant,even if it is still somewhat a mystery. Maybe it was meant for me only?

I appreciate that you have looked at this from all the logical angles. I have ruled out all of those! All that's left is the "illogical",perhaps "paranormal" angle,and that is where my interpretation and assumption comes in!

By the way,did you look at the picture with the black and white reversed? (So that the "reaper" is all white?) Then it looks really "out of this world"!

Given the fact that I had been studying the end-times and seeking God's guidance,it is possible that this was Him telling me I was on the right track?! (I know,no one can answer that!) God has come through for me in situations where I definetly felt His "divine intervention"...the tow-truck driver,for instance!

There are still questions in my mind that remain about the TV picture,questions I asked at the end of that thread that you might not have read?

Anyway,I guess all any of us can agree on is that none of us has all the answers,but some people never even bother asking the questions in the first place!!

I also know that God isn't the only one who answers prayers,so we have to be very careful about what we seek and where we seek it from!

If this is as far as this goes,I just want to say it's been nice talking to you and I appreciate the link you gave us to upload the photos! We might need it again someday!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join