It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Catch and Release"?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Then if your message is to the "smart people",mine is to the "people of faith"!

I didn't think you were trying to detract from my faith. Just make fun of it.

I can handle that.

Well, then for the people of Faith out there, I will leave you with something to think on.

1 Thes 5:21 = Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

What kind of "Ulterior Motive"? Am I out to swindle someone? Threaten or Coerce someone?

I'm just telling you something that happened and my interpretation of it.

No ulterior motive.

Sorry....

But I've been around these boards long enough to know that when scripture is being quoted; someone wants to manipulate others beliefs and uses scripture to lend credence and legitimacy to their post/thread.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well,maybe since God has given legitimacy and credence to me,the least I can do is spread it around!

At least I'm not a tele-evangelist who's out to make a ton of money! Nope-here it's all for free!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Now there's something we can both agree upon,..."Bro"!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
In case there are any more posts to answer to,they'll have to wait! I'm not ignoring you,just gotta get some sleep! (I think I said that an hour ago!)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Sorry, Hank McCoy, but I must request that you clarify your statement.

If someone chooses to believe in Jesus as presented in the Bible, does this make him or her "not smart?" I don't want to put words in your mouth, but that was the impression I got from your post.

Perhaps religion doesn't make sense to everyone, but this doesn't mean that believers are ignorant or stupid. Perhaps they've experienced something you simply haven't yet. Or perhaps you've experienced something they haven't....you could look at it either way.

Yes, people do commit some mighty strange and, I hate to say it, stupid acts in the name of religion. But I'm sure the majority of folks who follow that religion, whatever it is, would argue that the person was simply misguided. Falliable humans interpreting a spirtual "truth" inncorrectly and all that.

Sorry if I completely misunderstood your point. It's certainly possible; there is a hyperactive three-year old vigorously flushing things down the toilet and genrally wrecking havoc here!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Sorry, Hank McCoy, but I must request that you clarify your statement.

If someone chooses to believe in Jesus as presented in the Bible, does this make him or her "not smart?" I don't want to put words in your mouth, but that was the impression I got from your post.

Perhaps religion doesn't make sense to everyone, but this doesn't mean that believers are ignorant or stupid. Perhaps they've experienced something you simply haven't yet. Or perhaps you've experienced something they haven't....you could look at it either way.

Yes, people do commit some mighty strange and, I hate to say it, stupid acts in the name of religion. But I'm sure the majority of folks who follow that religion, whatever it is, would argue that the person was simply misguided. Falliable humans interpreting a spirtual "truth" inncorrectly and all that.

Sorry if I completely misunderstood your point. It's certainly possible; there is a hyperactive three-year old vigorously flushing things down the toilet and genrally wrecking havoc here!

It's wonderful to question. If more people learned to question what is told to them, I think we would have a lot fewer believers.

Unyielding faith in anything makes otherwise smart people incredibly stupid. Christianity demands unyielding faith, as such, it makes it practitioners less able to cope inside the framework of logical thought that our brain has naturally set up for ourselves.

Because, when looked at logically, Jesus doesn't really stand out.

Horus

Born 3000 B.C, 25th December
Egyptian God
Born of a virgin (Isis-Merion =Mary)
His father was called “Seb” = Joseph
Adorned by 3 Kings
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Baptized at the age of 30
Had 12 disciples
Preformed miracles i.e. Healing the sick, walking on water etc...
Known as “the lamb of God/ the light” etc...
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected

Attis

Born 1700 B.C, 25th December
Greek God
Born of a virgin (Nana)
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Had 12 disciples
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected on March 25

Mithra

Born 1200 B.C, 25th December
Persian God
Born of a virgin
His birth was attended by shepherds bearing gifts
Star in the east
Worshiped on Sundays
Had 12 disciples
Known as “the Good Shepherd/ the light” etc...
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected

Krishna

Indian God
Born of a virgin (Devaki)
Adorned by 3 Kings
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Was a Carpenter
Had 12 disciples
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected

Zoroaster/Zarathustra

Born 628 B.C, 25th December
Iranian Prophet
Born of a virgin (“immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.”)
He astounded wise men with his wisdom
Star in the east
He began his ministry at age 30
Had 12 disciples
He was slain
He had a sacred cup or grail.
And thus resurrected
Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior

Jesus Christ

Born 4 B.C, Month unknown, (Celebrated on the 25th December)
Christian God
Born of a virgin (Mary)
Adorned by 3 Kings
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Was also a Carpenter
Baptized at the age of 30 and started his ministry
Had 12 disciples
Preformed miracles i.e. Healing the sick, walking on water, turned water into wine, etc...
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected

Dionysus

Born 200 A.D, 25th December
Greek God
Born of a virgin
Star in the east
Teacher at the age of 12
Had 12 disciples
Preformed miracles i.e. Healing the sick, Turning water into wine etc...
Known as “the king of kings/ the Alpha & Omega” etc...
Betrayed & Crucified
Dead for 3 days
And thus resurrected

Interesting, hmm?

[edit on 8-11-2009 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
First I read your story of the ghost in your TV (that I 'and others' instantly saw was simply a clip from the Thunder Cat's cartoon of Mum-ra's tomb).

Now this?

Wow...You really ARE trolling for hoax-eaters.

You must be very happy with your content.

Two strikes...when will you provide me with a third so I can finally chalk you up to being "out"?

Maybe you saw a sea monster in your toilet, or perhaps there was a time you got a text message from Neyarlthotep?

Keep up the outstanding level of work! I enjoy it much more when people ruin their own credibility without the hard work of others.

Peace.

PS-Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form, to MUM-RAH, THE EVER SILLY TV GHOST!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
On The Edge: to clarify, are you saying you see the Reaper in picture 3?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I starred your post because you are on the right track but there are some big errors such as Krishna being born on the 25th of December - it's generally accepted that he was born on the 19th July 3228 BC. There are lots of parallels however!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

I starred your post because you are on the right track but there are some big errors such as Krishna being born on the 25th of December - it's generally accepted that he was born on the 19th July 3228 BC. There are lots of parallels however!

This is correct. Krishna is a Summer God, not a Winter God.. my bad.

Corrected.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Breizhoo

Yes. Just based on my "hallucination" (?!) and all the other weird "coincidences" and the way I connect-the-dots.

I know it doesn't sound "rational",but that's how I interpret it. Because sometimes when you ask for things,you get them!

What if God is giving me some kind of message about the End Times? It is possible. I can't rule it out!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Sorry,but I am confident enough to go right on ahead with this one,because I know I am not hoaxing anything. I think it would be kinda pathetic to have to do that for attention!

Seriously,my life is just fine. I don't go aroung making things up. I'm just telling you how I see things.

I have been told that negatives cannot be faked. Did you see the better picture I posted of the negative?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Mr Mask

Sorry,but I am confident enough to go right on ahead with this one,because I know I am not hoaxing anything. I think it would be kinda pathetic to have to do that for attention!

Seriously,my life is just fine. I don't go aroung making things up. I'm just telling you how I see things.

I have been told that negatives cannot be faked. Did you see the better picture I posted of the negative?

Yes...I saw the negative of the picture you took of the Thunder Cat's cartoon show. Also, I noticed the model of the TV seems to coincide with the dates that the show aired.

So...I saw that as being "you" claiming the TV was off...when it was actually on and playing a scene from Thunder Cats.

Now I see you posting about the Grim Reaper appearing.

What do you want from me? This sort of stuff just rings of ultimate silliness.

As for assuming you to be a hoaxer looking to fool folks...that was the only "nice" thing I could figure in your favor. The other option was "that you actually believe" what you are posting...but that would just be rude to assume you are so easy to be lead into thinking these two subjects of yours are anything "supernatural"

Like I said...you seem to be having a lot of "incredible things" happening to you. I mean WOW in one week you have posted about the demon on your TV, and the Grim Reaper that visited you.

So...again...two strikes...I await a third.

Good day.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You do not know me,and yet you claim to know everything that went on and that none of it means anything more than a hoax.

Can't you accept that there are things like this that are possible? We know there is a wide range of simply "unexplainable" events that one is left to speculate about. I do so from a Christian standpoint,and you would question things from your own set of beliefs,or lack thereof.

I came here to share these experiences,and that is what I have done. I am not asking anything of you. I respect your right to your opinions,but for you to judge my character is being awfully "judgemental",don't you think?(And people accuse Christians of being Judgemntal! Wow!)

Maybe if you experienced things the way I have,you'd be more open-minded.

Thanks for your comments,just the same. Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Can't you accept that there are things like this that are possible? We know there is a wide range of simply "unexplainable" events that one is left to speculate about. I do so from a Christian standpoint,and you would question things from your own set of beliefs,or lack thereof.

And can't you accept that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
I personally can't accept fuzzy photographs as evidence of the grim reaper.
And the TV thing was just plain silly as evidence of demons.

Perhaps you should review the T&C concerning Hoaxes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You should try comprehending what I wrote instead of making accusations of me that are unfounded.

I clearly stated this was "My interpretation of my personal experiences."

Why do you have a problem with that?

The fact is,this "grim reaper" image showed up months later,"out of nowhere" and I found that to be rather extraordinary and worth sharing. That's all there is to it!

Interpret it as you wish,but allow me the right to do the same!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Muslims believe in Jesus.
they are not christian.

Maybe she is more spiritual than religious? Maybe as a spiritual person she actually agrees with Jesus?
I could be wrong but there are many possibilities that you are choosing to overlook.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3701dcfe30e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You know, the more I think about it the more I'm sure I've seen that picture somewhere else before... don't ask me where but I know I've seen it before.

The fact is,this "grim reaper" image showed up months later,"out of nowhere" and I found that to be rather extraordinary and worth sharing. That's all there is to it!

Oh really? So why are you preaching along with it? I smell ulterior motive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join