It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has Obama Refused to Honor the Fall of Berlin Wall Anniversary?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Because the founding fathers told us to not get into foreign affairs.

Oh Please! And all those wars the states are (and have been) involved in over the decades? Not foreign affairs?

You need to cash a reality cheque!

IRM

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I wonder why Germany, among other things did not side with the United States during the Iraqi war.....

Because after WWII it became a German consensus that there never again a war should come from our country.
Sadly this principle was crumbling during the last decade.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Is he playing "petty politics" because this was a victory by a Republican President?

This was not a victory for any president!

The PEOPLE of Germany made this happen through pure peaceful force, there was no decision by any American to do this.

I remember it, I watched it, this was an uprising by the people to remove something that both public sides despised.

Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around America or its president.

The truth of the matter here is that Obama has proven again and again that he is NOT the person America thought they were electing. You thought you were getting another JFK, a young, dynamic, revolutionary leader, one to be proud of and one who would act for the people with sincerity and good judgment.
The fact is, America elected another politician, America bought into the acted role.

He doesn't need to continue the charade anymore, he is the president. It was a useful tool to use to gain power, but now he can make do by smiling politely and occasionally making statements about how he's representing you. The actor will come back when the next election is due, and then he'll return to making peace meal decisions reflective of national mood. Only then it'll be tiny and insignificant changes that SEEM to be meaningful, just enough to convince you all that he was that person throughout.

I don't think there's any story behind his decision to ignore the fall of the Berlin Wall other than he doesn't want to spend time on it, and he doesn't need to.

It's clearly just not something he gives a crap about.

And why would anyone assume that he would?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think Obama should honour every holiday in the world. What is wrong with him? We had our Thanksgiving in October and yet he did not celebrate that either! He must be in cahoots with Quebec!

Please people, there is no way he can celebrate every holiday, every anniversary in the world. I didn't see Bush celebrating it while he was in office. It isn't in the United States, so let it go.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hehe, I myself only watched parts of it on the tv. We had lousy weather over here and they played some domino symbolically.

Obama only missed the chance to leave us a historic sentence, which was now done by Sarkozy:

"We all are brethren! We all are Berlin!"

But nobody ever beats Kennedy's "I am a Berliner!"

(Even Sting stole that one. But since he knew, that a Berliner is a kind of doughnut, he thought about to change it into "I am a Londonder!" - finally found ATS and made it "I'm an alien!")

There were other great sentences by US presidents like "I still got a suitcase in Berlin!" or "Berlin always stays Berlin!"

Sorry, Obama, you should have been there, standing in the rain and give us a beautiful Berlin-sentence. You failed! Your opponents in your own country never will forgive you...

But we have no problem over here with that.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadianmouse
I think Obama should honour every holiday in the world. What is wrong with him? We had our Thanksgiving in October and yet he did not celebrate that either! He must be in cahoots with Quebec!

Please people, there is no way he can celebrate every holiday, every anniversary in the world. I didn't see Bush celebrating it while he was in office. It isn't in the United States, so let it go.

You are Canadian correct?

This isn't about Canada so let it go.

See how that works?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The fall of the Berlin Wall shows that Marxism does not work.

That idea is one that Obama finds hard to grasp, therefore the lack of interest in celebrating it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Yes I am from Canada, what was your first clue?

And yes it isn't about Canada. Personally I could careless what your President does but I find it funny that you guys whine over little things such as this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been been asked, but how many leaders come to America to celebrate our anniversaries?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by canadianmouse

But it is none of your concern. It is a US problem so let it go.

Life is always better when one takes his own advice.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

This may shock you sum, but he did offer a speech...Fox News Only Network To Carry Obama’s Berlin Speech....www.mediaite.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidichertzU

This may shock you sum, but he did offer a speech...Fox News Only Network To Carry Obama’s Berlin Speech....www.mediaite.com...

Thanks Midichertz,

I zapped around, but did not hear his words all evening. He did not try to invent a new Kenndy-like phrase as all those others.

Very good. Maybe he is better than many of his countrymen think.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidichertzU

Many will come forth crying and complaining about him not being physically present.

STAR for you.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidichertzU

Well if Fox aired it and no other networks did then I assume that speech was filled with fringe right wing propaganda.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
Well if Fox aired it and no other networks did then I assume that speech was filled with fringe right wing propaganda.

Good morning, bored,

Until now I read that Obama is a communist, so it is refreshing to read, that his speach is right wing propaganda.

English is not my mother tongue, but I listened to it. Why are you not able to listen, before you comment?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadianmouse
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Yes I am from Canada, what was your first clue?

Not your avatar name. It was more your need to comment or interfere with what's going on in the U.S. Funny how canadians went nuts when some Americans posted negative information about the canadian "healthcare" system.

And yes it isn't about Canada. Personally I could careless what your President does but I find it funny that you guys whine over little things such as this.

First, the correct expression is "couldn't care less" - think it through - and second, it must REALLY be boring up there because here you are down here whining.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yes Obama is focusing on more important matters on the domestic front, and his shot down for that by the typical suspects. I'd bet my bottom dollar if he went there and some attention was focused on his presence he'd be shot down for "taking photoshots instead of doing his job at home".

As other members have said.... there are more important things to criticise the man on, like his policies. Its almost as if there needs to be this personal issue with him thrown out to the open. Oh yes.. and uhh Hillary made a appearence there mmk?

SG

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Wow keep attacking me because I don't agree on you in another thread. Bravo!

I'm sorry I didn't type the correct word at the correct time. I am sure you have never been wrong in your whole life. And it is hardly boring where I am. I am sitting here relaxing and reading through ATS. Does it mean you have no life because you also post on here?

Also of course people are going to step in when discussing their policy in their country. Just like any American would step in if we stated something about your country.

Lastly the only reason I made the comment I did was because of the whole, "You're Canadian" bit. Which always gets thrown in on these boards when ever one of us comments on something that is happening in the States.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by canadianmouse]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Yes Obama is focusing on more important matters on the domestic front, and his shot down for that by the typical suspects. I'd bet my bottom dollar if he went there and some attention was focused on his presence he'd be shot down for "taking photoshots instead of doing his job at home".

As other members have said.... there are more important things to criticise the man on, like his policies. Its almost as if there needs to be this personal issue with him thrown out to the open. Oh yes.. and uhh Hillary made a appearence there mmk?

SG

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

Exactly! I fully agree and it was what I was hinting around. There are more important things to criticize then the fact that he didn't celebrate something.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The CIA has a few parts of the Wall at their HQ. it is crowned as a success. ha, ha, ha, well guys - the Cold War was to take the place of WWII to keep technology progressing - it was never the objective to win or lose the Cold War... (if you put technology on par - clearly we were sharing information across this Iron Curtain. but people need inspiration and a enemy -- so, basically - they created East - West Paradigym. and the world moved forward. we are at a point in evolution of the creation.
this new world order will be in place after 24 months. a war in which all countries will lose their freedoms\laws\rights will be in place before 2012 December. they culling of the flock will begin in 2010 and prgress through 2013. there is no place to hide and no place is safe.

over 200 various weapons platforms are in place. these weapons will be viewed as acts of GOD. the data collection that is currently going on using Spyware\Viruses and Vista - Windows 7. are identifying the problem childs that will be culled. not sure which side of the fence is gonna get whacked though. the brain dead drones or the people who think which are more evolved and in tune with this world order change.
if you whack the thinking side - well, the earth will quickly regress back to horse and plow technology. -- humm ~sigh (thats what I have figured out. it may or may not be accurate - I have no sources just visions I decipher.

Johnboy - you are right, it is because we the people of earth are waking up to the reality that we are on a human farm planet or prison planet if you will. the evil that is contained on this earth is not allowed to flourish.
and like any diseased organism we will be eliminated upon completion of the experiment.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Anti-Evil]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join