It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has Obama Refused to Honor the Fall of Berlin Wall Anniversary?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Why Has Obama Refused to Honor the Fall of Berlin Wall Anniversary?

www.foxnews.com

For decades the Berlin Wall separated Communist East Germany from Democratic West Germany, and prevented the free flow of peoples, trade and ideas. But it was also a symbol of tyranny.
So why has President Obama refused to honor the occasion? The excuse that he’s too busy preparing for his upcoming trip to Asia rings hollow. It’s like the girl who tells a guy she can’t go out with him because she’s got to stay home and wash her hair. Clearly Obama just doesn’t want to go.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So, what could be the reason of why President Obama refuses to even honor the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall?

Is he playing "petty politics" because this was a victory by a Republican President?

This is appart his clear message that he will not be helping Poland, and the Czech Republic with the missile defense shield.

Obviously to me this shows that he is bowing down once again to Russia, and he is also telling the rest of the European countries that they are on their own.

Here is a video from Newsmax where Reagan's son speaks about the anniversary of the Berlin wall destruction and says a comment about president Obama refusing to go to this anniversary, or even to honor it.

video.newsmax.com...

Anyway, just like the article states, whatever his reasons.

Whether it is petty politics, or historical ignorance or naivete, it’s wrong. President Obama should be in Berlin, along with other world leaders, celebrating the birth of freedom for hundreds of millions of people.

Excerpted from article.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Obviously to me this shows that he is bowing down once again to Russia, and he is also telling the rest of the European countries that they are on their own.

I largely agree with that. This is an example of one of the biggest problems I have with this administration. They're too tied to ideology. In this case, I can appreciate what they're trying to do regarding Russia, but they're so hell bent on not offending the Russian government that they've failed to mark one of the great milestones for freedom in world history.

Meanwhile, the Russians are busy repaying the administration's efforts by simulating nuclear attacks on one of our allies in the region.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
maybe he just needs someone like you to plan his day, since you seem to know what his agenda on any given day should be. i think you should apply for the job.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Whether it is petty politics, or historical ignorance or naivete, it’s wrong. President Obama should be in Berlin, along with other world leaders, celebrating the birth of freedom for hundreds of millions of people.

Maybe because Obama is anti-freedom and if he had his way, walls would be going up and not coming down?
That seems to be the communist way after all.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sorry but with the darn unconstitutional health care bill in congress to take away my liberties and choices, with the high unemployment in the nation that can render me without an income anytime, with the plain in site robbery of my tax payer moneys and the downfall of America as we know it, no even I give a crap about the Berlin wall anniversary.

We need to worry about us, our nation and what the president is doing in our nation and leave the trivialities of other nations celebrations to them.

We go bigger problems that the Berlin wall celebration have right now.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
maybe he just needs someone like you to plan his day, since you seem to know what his agenda on any given day should be. i think you should apply for the job.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by jimmyx]

Lol. It isn't like this event just snuck up on them with little notice.

Why didn't he celebrate National Prayer Day?

Why did he go on his weeks long vacation during Rhamadan?

Obviously, last night he was too busy sending his attack dogs after the blue dogs threatening to out their affairs to news media if they didn't vote for healthcare.

Surely, you do not think all the people coming out about affairs is just coincidence, do you?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well put and I agree.

But when you consider what the Fall of the Berlin Wall represents....
People Power winning over tyranny and adversity....
Then in these troubled times when freedoms are becoming less, it's a good reminder of what can be achieved if people don't give up.

But I can see why the Fall of the Berlin Wall wouldn't be too popular with some politicians right now in 2009. It's the anti-thesis of what they want. IMO.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We go bigger problems that the Berlin wall celebration have right now.

President is just a figurehead, so what else is he there for? You have countless people running america, so why does obama, need to be there, to shovel # out of the ditches.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

its much more probable that , well, its really just not that important, esspecialy as communisim was the enemy and thats what the wall was all about.. Let the germans Celebrate it, its their party! America dont belong in every celebration.

ahhm, op, is it your intention to make us think obama is somehow mourning the fall of communisim by not mentioning the fall of the berlin wall?

1 point to the "insert political genere here"

[edit on 8-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
This is appart his clear message that he will not be helping Poland, and the Czech Republic with the missile defense shield.

Maybe I misunderstood something but the locals here in CR are not calling the missile defense shield "help", they call it a "curse" and want to avoid it at any cost. Politicians might like it but the normal people don't.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

On the surface it appears to be petty politics, but it's a lot deeper for him. In actuality his dream is for the U.S. to become a 'pre-fall' Eastern European nation politically. So, to his conscience, if he celebrates the emergence of Communist oppressed peoples into freedom it is hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

thats what i think he was trying to say in a very overt way ...

again *shakes head*

calling people commies is so 1980's... hahahaha

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Because if the man had to stop and honor every historical event then he couldn't function as president. (no predictable puns and attacks needed here)

Seriously, every day has probably 10 historical events. Just because it is one you happened to focus on, doesn't make it the limelight.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Last time I checked...Germany was NOT in the United States.

We've got our own problems.

How many globalists are on this site now? Or is it just priority to bash anything Obama does or does not do?

I don't like Obama either...but come on...If you want to criticize him...criticize him giving the Fed more power...or his ties to Goldman Sachs.

The man is a banker's best friend.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by David9176]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They've had their official commemoration of the event already.

31st October. Kanzlerin Merkel met up with Mr. Gorbachev and ... former President George H.W. Bush at a ceremony in Berlin. What would the headlines have been had Mr Obama gatecrashed that ? He'd have been accused of stealing H.W.'s glory etc etc ad nauseum.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Great job that is. I love to see some of the contributors here being subject to that level of forensic scrutiny, day in day out. Most of you were too busy playing with your C64's or playing doctors and nurses (or doctors & doctors/delete as appropriate) to have even noticed the wholesale collapse of communism.

Nvrm. Squawk squawk go the parrots, I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

threatening to out their affairs to news media if they didn't vote for healthcare.

WOW someone finally said it, that is exactly what is happening, he threatens people,

He is pure unadulterated evil.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

It was hardly people power. The East German Politburo had already decided to open the border and announced the fact on TV and Radio in a live press conference, hence why the crowds turned out in the first place! Had there been no announcement, I doubt the people would have been to keen trying to storm a border where the guards were ordered to shoot to kill.

So what if he doesn't go. Naff all to do with him. The US and Allies were as equally stunned by the move as anyone else (probably less so that the Soviets in Moscow as Gorbachev was aware several days before). The main reason why the Soviet Union collapsed was because of reforms brought about by themselves, not because of some big effort on the West's part.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Because if the man had to stop and honor every historical event then he couldn't function as president. (no predictable puns and attacks needed here)

Seriously, every day has probably 10 historical events. Just because it is one you happened to focus on, doesn't make it the limelight.

Doesn't seemed to have affected his time on the links much though.

Obama catches up to Bush on the golf links

President Obama has already caught up with predecessor George W. Bush in one area: Rounds of golf.

The Oval's good friend Mark Knoller of CBS News reports that Obama on Sunday played his 24th round of golf since his inauguration Jan. 20 -- matching Bush's presidential total, which he racked up in two years and 10 months.

Priorities, I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

The main reason why the Soviet Union collapsed was because of reforms brought about by themselves, not because of some big effort on the West's part.

No, the main reason the the wall fell was because their economy was in a shambles and they had so many "dissidents" locked up they couldn't afford it anymore. East Germany agreed to pay them $55,000 per person that they allowed to leave.

[edit on 8/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join