It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi. I'm here for the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hi.
I thought this would be a good place to see if anyone here can find me better more super high definition images of the Moon for use in Google Earth's Moon module. I reasoned if anyone would know you folks here at ATS would. I'd love to ask that but I don't know how I am going to make 19 more post before I can ask. *sigh*

Anyway, I have come here on and off for years and am glad to see it's still around. I remember when this site was just a few pages long. I thought I'd join because I love to study American history. This place is a gold mine of information. Thanks for still being here and being the premier site of your kind for all us info lovers.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Okay, good luck with that, John.

I love the moon but know nothing about it, sorry.

Just that it is mysterious.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Welcome to ats.

Spend about 5 minutes in any forum that interests you and just toss some thoughts out. You'll get to 20 in no time.

There's a user here named phage who seems very knowledgeable on the space pics. Do a search for their name, and look at some of their posts and threads.

Have fun

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice Seiko, I'll look Phage up :-)

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Hi.
I thought this would be a good place to see if anyone here can find me better more super high definition images of the Moon for use in Google Earth's Moon module.

Hi John,

Are you here in an official capacity for Google? or are you just a private individual out for some moon pics for your own use?

Are you looking for surface shots, or images taken from orbit?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Good luck finding any images in HD that haven't been "tweaked" or "brushed" of anything interesting or revealing.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

Sometimes some get through.

Pipeline-type thing leading to strange artificial looking feature:

Three vertical standing tanks and a 'pipeline' - with red arrows for my friends:
lo5-125-h2c (at the very bottom-left corner)

I like this next one, and not just because I found it;

The Censored 'Comet' over Tsiolkovsky - Apollo 12:

(This comet-looking thing is only visible in the version of the image I have used to crop this pic from. It has been censored from many of the other versions currently available for download or maybe it just 'disappeared on accident'....:@@

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I haven't used Google Earth's Moon module, but there are a lot of good sites and images on the net that make for great discussion. NASA refuses to address serious questions about thier own pictures and makes you wonder why they wont, so IMO its a great subject to kick around and see what happens. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Hi.
I thought this would be a good place to see if anyone here can find me better more super high definition images of the Moon for use in Google Earth's Moon module.

Hi John,

Are you here in an official capacity for Google? or are you just a private individual out for some moon pics for your own use?

Are you looking for surface shots, or images taken from orbit?

Nope, Not employed by Google.. if I were, I'd have the cash to go buy some pics from the Russian or Chinese space agencies.

I am just a guy who wants to study the moon in super high detail with no NASA censorship. ( so all you people who work for the Government and NASA don't have to worry.. I am no threat - Or Am I? )

I know there's lots of pics on the net but if we had a whole Moon for use in Google Moon that would be really nice. I know the reasons why it is said we have to censor these things to protect the public, but that is Not the role of Government as our founding fathers saw it. Just the fact that things on the Moon are hidden by NASA screams there is something interesting there to see. My Liberty to peruse happiness in looking at those things is being denied and I don't like it one bit.

I am looking for both surface shots and super high detail images from orbit. It would be nice with both to have coordinates.

top topics

join