It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Bill -Passes!-H.R 3962

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The house health Care Bill has just passed 220 to 215 - say good buy to your hard earned money. With the Senate having more Democrats its most likely to win in the Senate too !

I think something should be done about the Health care, but there is stuff in this Bill that should not be in there.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good bye country.
Ladies and gents we've been hosed. They found a way to push it through the House and the rest is only a matter of time. Good luck to you all. Things are changing right in front of our eyes.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Based on what I know about the bill...it has become more clear to me that this health care reform is just a medical insurance and corporate hospital BAILOUT.

Yes, indeed say goodbye to any money you have. No need to stay in good health. Eat all the McDonald's you want.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm with you on that one. Watch before the Senate vote the "Pork" to be added. I heard there is 800 pages that are not being shown to the Republican's.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Oh yeah. It'll go through the senate, its only a matter of how much more they are gonna squeeze in there before they put it through. Take a good hard look at your tax money. Now watch it get flushed down the proverbial crapper.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Damn it. I just don't know what to say.

I guess I was just living in a fantasy land where I had hoped this would not pass but I was wrong. Gah.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I had no doubt that it was passed, and I'm not really surprised that it was so close considering they always like to make drama out of all of this.

I wonder what will happen to that 1 Republican. >_>

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey, I honestly don't fully understand all of whats going. I do try and follow but I was wondering if someone can summarize my situation...

I work 4 jobs off the clock.
Dog Walking, house sitting, free-lance web design etc..
I don't have any medical coverage. Can't afford it.
I can barely afford my rent.
How am I effected?
Am I screwed?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Anyone want to play taps. Good bye Constitution, Fairwell my dear FREE country. get your checkbooks out and grab your A$$ cause we are finished! God speed and good luck fellow Patriots.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by uspatriot109]

[edit on 7-11-2009 by uspatriot109]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'd suggest you sell your shares in Medical /Health companies on Monday if you have any, because as this thing Heats up and the Health care gets going, and when they start Forcing the Health care companies to accept you with you previous condition, and not allow them to restrict and prevent treatment. It Bankrupt them.

I don’t agree with many of the practices of what some of these Companies do. But one thing I do know! Premiums paid are used to pay for treatments, and at present The heath industry have about a 8% Profit margin. Sure it’s a lot of money because of the volumes they push, but take all the Actuary control out the equation and you destined to fail, or offer the coverage at Alarming high rates which will force you to get your coverage on the Gov Option. And after a while all the bad “eggs” sick” will be in the Gov plan and our Tax’s being increased to pay for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Mod Edit:removed quote of removed post.

Then you wonder why Republicans respond tit for tat.

If you don't want healthcare, Bombard the Senate with your complaints.

If you want healthcare, your lucky. The Dems seem pretty determine to pass it no matter what.

Just remember if Reps take Congress in 2010, you can expect a lot of what is being passed now to be repealed or amended.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Mod Edit: Removed quote of removed post.

*cough* "bag of sticks" *cough*...

[edit on 7-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll update the title of the other thread to reflect that the bill passed.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join