It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to start irradiating monkeys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Tests aim to see how radioactive environment of space impacts humans

Oct . 29, 2009
NASA is stepping up its space radiation studies with a round of experiments that for the first time in decades will use monkeys as subjects.

The point of the experiments is to understand how the harsh radioactive environment of space affects human bodies and behavior and what countermeasures can be developed to make long-duration spaceflight safe for travelers beyond Earth's protective magnetic shield.

For the new study, 18 to 28 squirrel monkeys will be exposed to a low dose of the type of radiation that astronauts traveling to Mars can expect to encounter.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

NASA will be exposing 18 to 28 squirrel monkeys to low doses of radiation to understand the effects of long distance space travel.

This is sad that they will be using these beautiful animals to experiment on, remember the Manhattan Project.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There is already a thread on ATS about this. The title of the thread is that same as yours.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edited to add link

[edit on 11/7/2009 by fixer1967]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Did a search and nothing came up.....Mods please delete this thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Did a search and nothing came up.....Mods please delete this thread.

The search function does not work well some times. I have did searches for threads I have read and could not find them. Maybe the search function needs checked

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I didn't expect that it would be posted in 'Breaking News' either...I checked this forum also back to the beginning of October, certainly wasn't intentional, stuff happens.

new topics

top topics

join