It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tungus

According to your belief the creator is the one who created humanity's sinful and selfish nature. He gave us free will but not wisdom to use it properly -a perfect recipe for disaster, but then again your creator already knew that. By the way we do not have a free will, only the appearance of free will and a thinly veiled one at that.

About the analogy that we are here for a reason and that reason is to learn. I knew a guy once who when asked why he wouldn't go to school, he would smile and say that school is for those who are stupid.
As crude as this seems, if your god created us right in the first place there wouldn't be any reason for this "learning" world of yours.

He didn't create our sinful nature, our free will did that. But don't worry, he did leave us plenty of hints in a book called the "Bible". I also don't think you give humanity enough credit. There are many, many honest and decent people on Earth as proof that even with free will, people can be good.

We're here as spiritual beings experiencing a physical reality. The bad things that happen in the short time we're here are nothing compared to the vast infinite after.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tungus

LOL!

Wheee! Ain't this fun! Feel any better now?
Are you calling yourself stupid?

Of course they don't know what they are missing, how could they,- they so stupiiid!

Cuz I sure didn't!
I said to each his own already!
Or did you miss that while trying to cram words in my mouth?
Not gonna play your childish game either.

I hope you all dont need a miracle in your life.
I honestly do.
I guess you were around when the earth was formed....

Oh those poor unbelievers, I feel so bad for them,

If you want to construe that into something else,
I can't stop you. But, it's looks pretty pathetic.
I am saying it is up to each person to find God on his/her own,
it's not for any other reason.
If you want to twist that around that's fine.
You guys wont take responsibility for yourselves and have
to blame others including God because you are too arrogant
to admit you just might not know it all.
Must suck to be you.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Ha ha! LOL!
You hit the nail on the head!

Pretty said when your life is that empty you need to bash others huh?

Dont they know they may learn something if they could keep their egos in check?

Course that would take some compassion and respect for others.
My bad for thinking we are ALL human!

I'm not worthy!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

And these places and artifacts are still there if you want to go see them! Of course even seeing something isn't proof enough for some!

What the blazes are you talking about please clarify,

The bibles the thumpers believe the bibles are true accounts and therefore any place mentioned in the bibles were real places .

It goes without saying that, some places mentioned in the bibles were real places which happen to still exist with original names some with different names but probably the same place.

The fact that the bibles mention some places and they happen to be real is not proof that all places mentioned in the bibles were real.

Given that the bibles are proven to contain inaccurate accounts then it is fair to assume that not all accounts should be taken as literal and this would include places.

The most obvious example - Garden of eden, quite a detailed description of where it should but its' attridutes are so vague I literally want a sign saying Garden of Eden population 2.

If I did find the GofE road sign does this make the bibles true? well no it would not it would just confirm someone knew about it an wrote about it.

It's unacceptable that an invisible god in they sky, would need to have books written by some of its sinful creation on its behalf and then go around destroying the evidence that would help confirm its' case.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

He didn't create our sinful nature, our free will did that.

Please explain how it is possible for the creator of "everything" to not have created something ?

Your statement would appear to preclude the omniscience of your god.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Nice poem, but truly sad that someone can have that mindset.

One will not have to live in a mundane world with no purpose,
One can achieve his/her fantasies,
One can change the world.

If people can't find a purpose in life without a God, then they have a personal problem, they are unable to cope with reality.

If a person is unable to achieve their dreams/fantasies then they are truly lazy.

If a person is unwilling or unable to effect change upon the world without a God, then they are losers making excuses for their own lack or drive to make those changes.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

He didn't create our sinful nature, our free will did that.

Please explain how it is possible for the creator of "everything" to not have created something ?

Your statement would appear to preclude the omniscience of your god.

Exactly. So, god did not create our sinful nature but the free will which he created lead to the sinful nature. The responsibility still lies in him. This god is either omnipotent and omniscient or he isn't.

Your god is geographically biased, a racist and has only been seen by three or four people, excluding the crazies. (How does one tell them apart?)

For example, why do you believe that Moses saw and talked to god but not "Bob" who talks to god all the time?

Why write a book when you have the ability to beam a giant infomercial day and night directly into our heads? That way, everyone would love you and you could tell everyone personally who you are so there would be no religious wars or disagreement of any kind. Of course you would have to be omnipotent to do that. On that note, ask your god why he has created people with so many crippling disabilities?

I saw the quote from Epicurus posted earlier in the thread, which the faithful promptly ignore, but maybe the visual will help so here it is again:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/833760eea11b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by tungus]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The bible is a a fabricated literature that divides and manipulates the people into believing that 'God' is a seperate revengeful entity that damns people into a fiery inferno called 'hell'.

It's writers had this intent to cause people to believe that reincarnation didn't exist (with the intent of causing people to live by 'biblical laws') and that they would either go to 'heaven' or be damned to 'hell'.

Jesus of Nazerath incarnated on this planet from a 4th density (of the higher octaves) planet to teach/learn humanity about unconditional love. He was used, after he died, to create a fabricated religion called christianity which is an abomination to even suggest idolising and worshipping a human over the Infinite One.

Such things that are purely against benevolence would be the 'ten commandments' who state before each commandment "Thou Shalt Not". This phrase was constructed by negative entities because it goes against the first distortion of free will.

What the Bible doesn't want you to know is that you can do whatever you like and will be loved unconditionally by the One Creator.

All religions were created to divide and manipulate the people, stop looking to outwardly sources for the true connection to divinity. Look within yourself.

Religions are but a core of truth drowning in a sea of perversions, and the sad thing is humanity gets hooked on these fabricated 'fairy tales' like a potent addictive illicit substance.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

And this concept of yours no less coming from the channeling of someone named Ra. So we create a new religious doctrine and run around bashing all the other ones? Heck, your religion is more contradictory than the monotheistic folks.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

No, actually that is coming from me. You don't evident sources to comprehend such statements about biblical relations and their affect on society.

I'm not affiliated with any religion whatsoever.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

You appear to be affiliated with the concept channeled by Ra as evident from your linking your concepts to their website. Personally, the Ra channeling appears to be no different than a religion to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

What the blazes are you talking about please clarify,

Thanks for the question and reply,
but you just did a beautiful job of clarifying it for me!
Good job! Thanks!

Edit: A garden of eden sign?

I'm fairly sure that's what it would take!

You may want to check out this post I made earlier,
you may have missed it!

Originally posted by dodadoom

Where Were You When I Made the World?

God:
Keep on not believing in me. I'll make rush hour longer.

To a believer, no proof is necessary.
To an athiest, no proof is sufficient.

www.zooass.com...,13463,13480

[edit on 9-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
After reading many of the posts in this thread, it's pretty clear that people are fighting over the existence of God.

I do not think there is a omnipotent and omniscient god. I WISH THERE IS ONE.

A god that can directly interfere with our lives.

If there is one, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. From zombies to cartoon super heroes. Our wildest fantasies can be brought to life if a "god" is willing to help.

We are bounded by our physical realities, I simply wish for a change.

All humans have been doing is: school, work, family, and death.

Heck I'll sell my soul to the devil for the ability to fly butt naked.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think linking to sites with graphic language is what Moocow was looking for Doda- you seem to have trouble saying what you mean

I'm surprised someone so wholesome as a christian would frequent places like that but the level of maturity seems to go hand in hand with your other posts in this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You can fly butt naked if you want. I would advise you do so in a private plane with just yourself or a significant other if they don't mind. Get on a plane butt naked with me on it and I'm liable to toss you out unless you a smoking hot girl. I think we as humans have been doing a lot more than the activities you listed. I get what your saying, I think.. You want to feel special right?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread and posts!
Sorry for all the hate that showed up here!
Where you have love, guess what?
Guess if some are happy, it just makes others mad!
Must be jealousy!

A god that can directly interfere with our lives.
If there is one, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. From zombies to cartoon super heroes. Our wildest fantasies can be brought to life if a "god" is willing to help.

My God has for me!
He has directly
saved my life and given me a fantastic,
loving family and everything I have ever desired to boot!
Wonder how many can say the same?

We are bounded by our physical realities, I simply wish for a change.

I agree, fortunately we will get one.

Heck I'll sell my soul to the devil for the ability to fly butt naked.

Carefull what you wish for!

Trust me, you do not want to do that!
ALthough it would be fun for a bit!

Best wishes to you in your discoveries!
Peace and love!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Mathematical evidence for the existence of God:
smphillips.8m.com...
51 research articles (downloadable PDFs), some of which show:
1. the sacred geometries of various religions are isomorphic despite being separated in origin by thousands of miles and years.
2. these sacred geometries encode the group mathematics of E8xE8, the gauge symmetry group describing the unified interactions of the E8xE8 heterotic superstring.
3. they encode the same mathematical description of all levels of reality.
4. they connect Plato's mathematical account of the creation of the universe with sacred geometry and the mathematical basis of music.

Such stupendous mathematical connections between science and religion can only exist if the design of the universe has a transcendental origin.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tungus

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a7b8e60134b.jpg[/atsimg]

And for equal measure....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecf46406946f.jpg[/atsimg]

Both groups need to just leave each other alone because neither of you *yes even you atheistss* have NOTHING to prove your beliefs either way.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Interesting, I noticed a bunch of those papers rely on string theory and seeing as how string theory is devoid of evidence... Well, IDK... Call me crazy but I'm smelling a smidgen of BS here.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Your bland skepticism is a murderer of a succesful search for underlying truths.

This statement has nothing to do with 'String theory' nor by expressing this statement do I adhere to that theory whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join