It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Um, right. Rather like how I was saying fear of non-existance is a motivating factor of religion by saying that the Christian Church controls people by saying that there will be dire consequences in the afterlife if they are disobiedent to the Chruch? Might wish to start looking for what's there, not what you wish to see. It ruins your credibility.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Watcher

I think it's quite ironic you said yesterday I was looking to battle- it's obvious you are the one looking to argue, what can I say- sorry I don't wish to argue with you.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Not actually. If you did not do those things I have called you on I would not comment on them or you. Your welcome to follow whatever beliefs you wish but when you get vocal about them expect a response. Especially when you use weak arguments and constantly intentionally misintrepret arguments that could not be more obvious as to content. So, yea, in short, just because someone finds fault in you doesn't mean the fault in fact resides within them.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why all the argueing?

Humanity is capable of peace, if everyone just said whats on their mind and learned to forgive each other, it is forgiveness that stops the wheel/inertia of Kharma.

Where is the love?

www.youtube.com...

The gems to understanding your reality are everywhere, in fact, they are out in the open.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
whatever okay? Watcher

you just made a big deal because I asked someone if they were talking to themself- what you're doing is trolling and this is my last post to you.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Watch you two kharmatically interacting.

If you just forgived than it would be over with, no more continious 'trolling' and arguementive statements that get nobody anywhere at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

You are correct! Thanks for your post!
I appologize for my outburst and forgive him as well.
It is a trying time for all of us I imagine.

Our country seems to be imploding and people are grasping at
anything resembling security and internal peace.
To each his own for sure!

I wish him and everyone well in this journey called life.
Sorry for the attitude and thanks for your patience. D

Edit: I'm still not taking him off ignore though!

[edit on 8-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Buh-bye. But I will comment on how funny someone who cannot seem to comprehend the intended context of almost any statement made to them calling someone else a troll.

And psycho, get off your high horse please.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Outbursts and name calling, why am I not surprised- such enlightenment from god- to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wishing for god to exist is a bit like wishing for Santa Claus to exist. After all, you don't wish with the same nostalgia for Zeus to exist, or for Ra to exist, do you? The only reason you wish this god to exist is because that's what people say these days. Ironically, the truth will set you free.
Just like with Santa Claus, discovering the truth maybe disappointing but that's because you were lied to in the first place.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Funny isn't it? Classic trolling tactic!
Yet you get called the troll! That figures.
When the shoe fits, blame the other guy!

Even funnier is the utter arrogance that there may be some
things out there 'we' just don't understand!
Yet 'we' are so sure they don't even exist regardless!

We must think we are god's ourselves now! I get it.
It is arrogance and hate taken to an extreme level!
Call it a evil tick or a quirk.

I guess when some have no love inside,
they need something to fill the empty shell!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't understand how any atheist can claim that their life is still full of meaning and purpose in a world without a God or Creator. That's absolute rubbish! Life is meaningless and devoid of any purpose without a God or afterlife. Bringing a child into this life of pain and hardship is absolutely selfish in that case. Why even bother?

There is a God and people need to stop blaming him because of humanity's sinful and selfish nature. He gave us free will, don't complain if we didn't use it wisely. People are so quick to point to death and destruction and say "See?! No kind or benevolent God would allow this!" What about the lessons we're supposed to learn? Your professor didn't come down during your final exam and give you all the answers because the exam was hard. What's the point of the class? We're here together for a reason. The sooner we understand that, the better. Imagine if every human followed just one lesson from the Bible, "Love your neighbor as yourself". Imagine what a world we'd be a part of.

[edit on 11/9/2009 by Mr Poopra]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

Well said!
You are exactly right!
We are here to learn, not bash others!

Ahhhh, can't I have all the answers now professor?

Thinkin' and askin' questions is hard work!

Great add! Thanks!
I really feel bad for the unbelievers.
They obviously don't know what they are missing!

How could they???
Why is it that God is such a powerfull force in (some) peoples lives?
Hmmmm........

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I don't understand how any atheist can claim that their life is still full of meaning and purpose in a world without a God or Creator. That's absolute rubbish! Life is meaningless and devoid of any purpose without a God or afterlife.

If you don't understand something how can you say it's rubbish

It is not for you to say that life is meaningless and devoid of purpose for people that don't believe in god- if you think your life would be meaningless without a god in it- that is fine but you can't speak for other people.

And I'm not quite sure why some people think you have to believe in a god to believe in an after life- I guess you just haven't heard about anything else besides the biblical heaven and hell- lots of people who don't believe in god believe in life after death.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra
I don't understand how any atheist can claim that their life is still full of meaning and purpose in a world without a God or Creator. That's absolute rubbish! Life is meaningless and devoid of any purpose without a God or afterlife. Bringing a child into this life of pain and hardship is absolutely selfish in that case. Why even bother?

And why do you need an external object to give a meaning to your life? Is your life that empty that you need to create a creator just so that you can cope with life? I agree that bringing a child into this this life of pain and suffering is selfish, god or no god. I can't think of a greater child abuse than after knowing what this life is about a person will deliberately bring an unsuspecting being into an embodied existence. A child still has to suffer and after 80 or so years face death despite all the fairy tales the adults are telling him or her. This is the ultimate life sentence.

Originally posted by Mr Poopra
There is a God and people need to stop blaming him because of humanity's sinful and selfish nature. He gave us free will, don't complain if we didn't use it wisely.

According to your belief the creator is the one who created humanity's sinful and selfish nature. He gave us free will but not wisdom to use it properly -a perfect recipe for disaster, but then again your creator already knew that. By the way we do not have a free will, only the appearance of free will and a thinly veiled one at that.

About the analogy that we are here for a reason and that reason is to learn. I knew a guy once who when asked why he wouldn't go to school, he would smile and say that school is for those who are stupid.
As crude as this seems, if your god created us right in the first place there wouldn't be any reason for this "learning" world of yours.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/730c8090072c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

I really feel bad for the unbelievers.
They obviously don't know what they are missing!

How could they???
Why is it that God is such a powerfull force in (some) peoples lives?
Hmmmm........

Mmmm-mmm-mmm!
Aren't we special!
God is so great that he choses to hide from those unbleivers but no not from us, believers.
No sir.
Of course they don't know what they are missing, how could they,- they so stupiiid!
Everyone knows that there is an invisible god!

And everyone knows that god is such a powerful force but only in smart and special people's lives.
Oh those poor unbelievers, I feel so bad for them,
but they must not be worth much to god.
Frankly, I don't know why he created them in the first place.
But if he doesn't care for them I don't care either.
Ok, done feeling bad for them.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by tungus]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Right.......... Your game is painfully obvious, an intentional taking the place of the guard.

King: Cut that out!! Cut that out....

You're marryin' Princess Lucky, so you'd better get used to the idea!

GUARDS!!!
Make sure the prince doesn't leave this room until I come and get 'im.

Guard 1: Not to leave the room, even if you come and get 'im.
Guard 2: *Hic*
King: Nono.... *Until* I come and get him.
Guard 1: Until you come and get him, we're not to enter the room.
King: Nono, no... You *stay* in the room, and make sure *he*
doesn't leave.
Guard 1: And you'll come and get him.
Guard 2: *Hic*
King: Right.
Guard 1: We don't need to do anything, apart from just stop him, entering the
room.
King: Nono. *Leaving* the room.
Guard 1: Leaving the room, yes.
King: All right?
Guard 1: 'Right.
Guard 1: Oh! If if if uhhhh.... if if uhhhhh.... If if if we......
King: Yes, what is it?
Guard 1: Oh. I-if....... Oh....
King: Look, it's quite simple.
Guard 1: Uh.....
King: You just stay here, and make sure 'e doesn't leave the room.
All right?
Guard 2: *hic*
Guard 1: Oh, I remember! Uhhhh, can he leave the room with us?
King: No...nono, no. You just keep him in 'ere, and make sure...
Guard 1: Oh yes, we'll keep him in here, obviously, but if he *had*
to leave, and we *were* with him...
King: nononono just KEEP HIM IN HERE
Guard 1: ...Until you or anyone else...
King: No, not anyone else, just me...
Guard 1: ...Just you...
King: Get back.
Guard 1: Get back.
King: All right?
Guard 1: Right, we'll stay here until you get back.
King: And, uh... make sure 'e doesn't leave.
Guard 1: What?
King: Make sure 'e doesn't leave!
Guard 1: The prince??????
King: Yes, MAKE SURE 'E DOESN'T LEAVE...
Guard 1: Oh, yes, of course!! I thought you meant him! You know, it seemed a bit daft me having to guard
him when 'e's a guard...
King: Is that clear?
Guard 1: Oh, quite clear, no problems!
Where are *you* going?
Guard 1: We're coming with you!
King: Nono, I want you to *stay* here and MAKE SURE 'E DOESN'T LEAVE!
Guard 1: Oh, I see, right!
Son: but father...
King: Shut your noise, you! And get that suit on.

AND NO SINGING!
King: Oh, go and get a glass of water. (leaves)

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

It's a classic tactic if you don't mind how you achieve your self-rightous feeling really. Repeatedly play stupid and then blame and condemn the other person when they get aggravated and tired of the painfully obvious ruse. I honestly don't think he is that stupid. I know he thinks we are though. I think it's more that their self-esteem is so flimsy they have to play these games to build themselves up.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Imagine a world without self-rightous gits blaming the world's problems on concepts opposed to people.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join