It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

God created man in his image. He also breathed spirit into us to make us alive. Our spirit(soul), was given to us as a gift. With that gift we recieved creativity, wisdom and skill. We as humans, not god, have chosen to create things throughout time that have caused great damage to our bodies. People have also excersied free will and do drugs while pregnant. Hence god may have created us in his image but he does not control our actions and the reprecutions of our actions. what you saw is the result of a very unfortunate medical problem that I am sorry you had to witness. My heart goes to the parents.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny420ls

God created man in his image. He also breathed spirit into us to make us alive. Our spirit(soul), was given to us as a gift. With that gift we recieved creativity, wisdom and skill. We as humans, not god, have chosen to create things throughout time that have caused great damage to our bodies. People have also excersied free will and do drugs while pregnant. Hence god may have created us in his image but he does not control our actions and the reprecutions of our actions. what you saw is the result of a very unfortunate medical problem that I am sorry you had to witness. My heart goes to the parents.

nicely said... it does sound like he was traumatized... maybe he saw to much horror movies or something... hopefully he didn't witness that first hand and if that is the case, Best wishes to you, there was nothing you could do... Don't worry.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Our spirit(soul), was given to us as a gift. With that gift we recieved creativity, wisdom and skill

- dont forget

the free will that he didnt expect you to use

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I know my Father exists,He changed my life dramatically,
I have not always been the way that i am now,nor because of his
boundless love and Grace will i remain the same as i am now.

To the aspect of religion,unfortunately,yes,there are many things done in his name by his people,things that are embarrassing and shameful,Sometimes i shake my head at what is done,and done by those that i call Brothers and Sisters but in remembering"But there for the Grace of God go i"
Let me assure you that there will be judgment on all things,God say that every idle word and deed shall be judged and in that day there will be much tribulation.

As for looking for him,he says"Those who seek me shall find me' the key to this is to not look at what others do nor say,I know that is hard to do as they(and myself) are supposed and claim to be his representatives and frankly we do a poor job of it sometimes,Things that are harder to find but show the true heart of God in this life are the things that we do not see easily as they are people who serve God with no desire for recognition or reward but do so out of love for him,They feed the hungry,minister to the sick and seek to bring joy and love to a world that seems devoid of it,they sacrifice their lives to serve God and others and give all that they have,you never hear of these things but i have seen them with my own eyes and know that it would change your mind if you saw them too.

God has given us free will to do as we see fit and the heart of man is one
that seeks only itself,Only through the power of his love and the resurrection
can the heart of man be changed.

As an aside,as i know that i fought with this for a while,God is not interested
in changing your clothes and tastes and haircut and whatnot,these are the things that you are,he made your personality and it is unique,he seeks your heart,to make it like his,one of love of others and of good and one that seeks not its own but looks to him as the perfect Father and friend

Hope this helps some

BV.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny420ls

God apparently also gave us the free will to make groundless accusations about drug use!

What a loving Father!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Um, how would it be the whaterver's fault what we do with the gift of free will? That's rather like blaming the gunshop owner for a murder done with a gun sold by him.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Where Were You When I Made the World?

God:
Keep on not believing in me. I'll make rush hour longer.

To a believer, no proof is necessary.
To an athiest, no proof is sufficient.

www.zooass.com...,13463,13480

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Let me assure you that there will be judgment on all things,God say that every idle word and deed shall be judged and in that day there will be much tribulation.

Yeah let's try frightening the girl into believing in god
- it worked for you why not her huh

Besides quoting dogma from your bible, I'd love to know how you can assure her of judgment day?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I agree. As a former Christian turned Agnostic I used to consider this question deeply, if there is no God does that mean my life becomes devoid of meaning, when I die do I cease to be? My consciousness merely stops and no one remembers me save a few friends and family? What a sad cold dark Universe, a Universe where entropy is the norm and we are all dying slowly from birth. Hopeless violent little apes killing each other over resources, petty racial differences and religion.

I don't rule out the idea of God entirely though, but I have put aside religion so that I know beyond a doubt if I find a God he'll be the real one, not one I'm indoctrinated into believing without evidence or logic. If God is out there science and logic would help prove his existence and blind faith would be the enemy of truth not its ally.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
if there is no God does that mean my life becomes devoid of meaning, when I die do I cease to be?

Why does not believing in god mean there is no life after here?

Having a belief in god, or not having one has nothing to do with life after death, at least it doesn't for me.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Um, how would it be the whaterver's fault what we do with the gift of free will? That's rather like blaming the gunshop owner for a murder done with a gun sold by him.

My fault.

I assumed one would understand that I was merely being sarcastic in hopes that the person that made the insensitive comment about drug use would see the err of his ways.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Right. And why, praytell, should this be so obvious? Enlighten me if you will. Seeing that you answered minus any disclaimers a silly remark with a silly remark.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yeah, all the people that do drugs do it whilst they're pregnant, regardless of whether they're female or not

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Yeah let's try frightening the girl into believing in god - it worked for you why not her huh

Awfully presumptuous of you don't ya think?
What gives you the right to assume what she thinks?
Are you her dad?

Besides quoting dogma from your bible, I'd love to know how you can assure her of judgment day?

Why is it your business again?
It's called free will, remember?
Why do you care so much anyway?
You are frightening us! Are you the devil?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Awfully presumptuous of you don't ya think?

I'm not presuming- said poster believes in judgment day- they said so themself.

Why is it your business again?

Said poster posted on a forum- assuring the OP that there will be a judgment passed on her- I'm asking them how they can be so sure that they can assure someone of that.
If they didn't want to be asked questions maybe they shouldn't have posted?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Right. And why, praytell, should this be so obvious? Enlighten me if you will. Seeing that you answered minus any disclaimers a silly remark with a silly remark.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

The silliness was implied when I made mention that God existed in the first place.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Well, there isn't proof either way so you are within the bounds of reasonability to go back to being a agnostic.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Ah, I see. So, do you enjoy abusing appeal to ridicule fallacy?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hello LC,

Firstly,My apologies for not being specific,I was referring to comments made by other posters in regard to the conduct of those that claim to be representatives of God,That their behavior,actions and deeds will be held in account,that because they are "Christians" that they are not exempt from accountability.

"Yeah let's try frightening the girl into believing in god - it worked for you why not her huh"

Actually LC,I am not nor have i ever been scared of God,why should i?,He is my Father and he loves me,I was not driven by fear nor guilt into becoming a Christian but was drawn by unfathomable and perfect love that spoke to my heart,that filled the hole that i had so long filled with many other things that were ultimately hollow and empty,And even now i am far,very far from perfect,I have many faults,to name them would exceed my posting limit...

As for the dogma of my bible,I am free to believe as you are not to and i am free to say my peace,I am sure of what i say but that doesn't mean that i should force my beliefs on you and i won't as that is disrespectful and ,even tho you don't hold the same beliefs that i do does not mean that there is any less respect for your person.

I am sure of my own judgment LC,very sure,and truthfully,i am not itching for the day,but again,that is my belief and if i have been untoward in forcing my beliefs upon someone else then my apologies.

BV.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Ah, I see. So, do you enjoy abusing appeal to ridicule fallacy?

Not at all.

It's actually not even a similar concept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join