It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish God exists...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by sirnex

Your bland skepticism is a murderer of a succesful search for underlying truths.

I'm sorry if I choose evidence based truth over channeled garbage.

This statement has nothing to do with 'String theory' nor by expressing this statement do I adhere to that theory whatsoever.

Considering I was replying to someone else who posted the papers I find it rather odd that you have such a strong opinion on what I think of what your take on it is considering I never questioned you on your belief of string theory. Unless your posting under two user names, your reply to me of replying to someone else makes absolutely no sense.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I was not stating an opinion about that certain topic I just simply threw that out there in relation to my post.

All is well in the love/light and/or light/love of the Infinite Creator. Adonai.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by sirnex

I was not stating an opinion about that certain topic I just simply threw that out there in relation to my post.

All is well in the love/light and/or light/love of the Infinite Creator. Adonai.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

You make no sense at all. I think ATS need's a thread made discussing what a contradiction is.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Like hitchens said. If god and heaven were to exist it would be like living in N.Korea, the only difference being that in N.Korea you can still die to escape it! Imo though God does not exist and neither does an after life. If im wrong(doubtful) and there is then i would atleast like a choice to not participate in it. Both of these ideas sound horrible to me, i want to die and that's it. No whizzing off to a magical place for me please.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

I can only urge you to see "The Arrivals" by Noreagaaa Films, "America's Secret Beginnings: The New Atlantis", "Riddles in Stone" and "Eye of the Phoenix".

Read "Timeline of the Rothschilds" by DB Smith and A. Hitchcock.

"Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike. The works of Manley P Hall.

Find materials from William Cooper and Jordan Maxwell.

If One exists then so must the Other.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Um. Hitchens needs to aquire a imagination, if that is his view of the only possibility for a afterlife if one does exist at all. In otherwords, he's talking out of his butt and has not clue one what he talking about beyond the short sighted propaganda he spews. Most counter-productive of him to not have one I might add.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” -Albert Einstein

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I don't like hitchens personally. But alot of his views are solid. Einsteins views, well imagination is a construct of the mind...not reality. Sometimes the two meet,more often than not they don't.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would also like to know if a real Supreme GOD exist?

Could the Hebrew "Judeo-Christianity" God in the Christian bible be the creation of Sophia -THE DEMIURGE! - and not the Supreme God or God the Father?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Be careful what you seek, for you may find,....
and all that jazz....
not sure who this Sophia is, but she sounds hot!

Kidding!

I needed more than one line....
Peace and respect to you.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I am sure your assertion that his views as "solid" have more than just a little to do with the fact that you agree with him. We are communicating purely in and about "a construct of the mind" as you put it. Whether it be the words "imagination" or "reality". Our perceptions shape what we call "reality". And if you lack imagination you find a rut mentally and stick in it not being able to even entertain at the basic level new ideas. Thus Einstein's wise words. And that is not even starting to address the role imagination plays in problem solving.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

A perception or viewpoint of reality and imagination are two completely different things. And yes, many of his views are solid. Whether you agree with them or not.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It is more that the objective world is what allows life to exist and evolve to a point where it can abstractly think about how the objective brain processes the information it receives from the objective world. IMO, subjective abstraction of objectivity leads to an erroneous view of what reality truly is and we need to view reality as it exists outside of subjective experience without consciousness as consciousness arose from the objective reality.

-An imagination is a great tool for entertainment of the mind, but as a tool for measuring reality it's as good as a bible. Worthless.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Actually no they are not seperate, it all pertains to the mind, and the mind does not differentiate. Or are you prepared to attempt a convoluted explaination on how a thought can not be a thought? And as you stated so subjectively before, but I still surmise that is little more than a judgement call based from simple agreement. Don't worry, I am not arguing with you on his solidity or lack there of. But merely pointing out that is your opinion not any statement of fact except perhaps fact as percieved by you.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Yet our minds are based in subjectivity.... What is "objective" facts to you are little more than your subjective opinions. Though some I would not argue with you. Others I most definantly would.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by sirnex

Yet our minds are based in subjectivity.... What is "objective" facts to you are little more than your subjective opinions. Though some I would not argue with you. Others I most definantly would.

Everything exists within the objective world, nothing tangible exists within the subjective mind. I can't picture something in my subjective mind and you would equally see it as existing, therefore it doesn't actually exist as a real object of the universe. If it doesn't exist as a real object of the universe, then no amount of imagination is worth describing objective reality. We can perceive objective reality with instruments and sensor that posses no subjective consciousness.

If objective reality is a construct of subjective reality, then what are we? How or why do we exist the way we exist?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Wasn't saying that. But, if we exist in a subjective reality I wouldn't be able to prove it to you. Much less know the whys.

We ARE after all limited creatures and we can't percieve all the things in reality if we live in a objective reality.

My opinion lies somewhere in the middleground. But that's all it is, an opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Religion makes me laugh, because the arguments point to other passages to prove the point they are trying to make, or when that fails and they can't explain something......

......it's God's will

but God gave free will to all men?

Which is it God's Will or Free will to all men? You can't have both.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Ooo, let me answer this!

Man has free will until he dangers himself or others, then God
may impose his will on that man!
Or by keeping these others from harm by him.
Not always mind you , but sometimes.
How did I do RT?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Religion makes me laugh, because the arguments point to other passages to prove the point they are trying to make, or when that fails and they can't explain something......

......it's God's will

but God gave free will to all men?

Another one religious folk use when stumped- 'god works in mysterious ways'- that one can be used to explain almost anything away

god gave people free will but didn't expect them to use it and when they do and he doesn't like it- he does things like conjures up huge floods and wipes everyone out

bible god makes so much sense

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

They ALL say that eh? Tell me. How did you manage to talk to all them in one life time?

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join