It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fourth Kind: Beware of "abduction" prop/agenda.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
You are right about the war, but the Grays (Holy Truth Bringers) are our Allies . Consult the Mingloucho Chronicles for our real history.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

According to the movie, the aliens are none too nice. I have to say I fully believed this movie was what I was told it was, and only later on ATS did I hear the suspicions about it all being false.

However that being said, when I still thought it was real, it was the most disturbing, scariest thing I had ever seen. THese are def. bad aliens, and are not ones that anyone wants to meet.

Fish guy above me!
I am still on the fence, I have not actually seen any evidence that this is a fake movie, just a few people saying so, but not 1 single thing proving their point. How do we know Nome is suing the producers? Not to be rude but you don't even know how to spell the towns name are you sure about your information? Where is the source? And isn't it possible this was just a movie made for entertainment and not part of the NWO's plan? That seriously sounds pretty ridiculous dude.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by sputniksteve]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The nWo will stop at nothing to cover up the truth about the Holy Truth Bringers. They will even resort to fake, poorly acted Movie Films staring discredited actresses and Will Patton to spread the lie that Aliens are "evil" (Bad Bringing creatures sent by fake Summer culture from our past , they have even murdered hundreds , including Presidents and that Congress guy from Alaska (Begich) , yes you see Alaska has connection to the Grays , Reptoids and other races, this new Movie is merely lies to discredit the connection , they Purposely made this movie as bad as possible to make people laugh when thinking about this connection of the UFOs and Alaska , they even cast pathetic actors like that girl and Will Patton to star , so people would see it and laugh at how pathetic the Actors (Portrayal Experts) were

[edit on 17-11-2009 by fishspeaker]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fishspeaker

You are free to believe what ever you want man. I won't ever try and deny you that. That being said it is still pertinent to supply some kind of source or evidence when you are making claims. Do you happen to have that source or evidence for the town of Nome suing the movie producers? I would really appreciate that link. As I said I am still on the fence and would love to actually see some proof.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Thank you much for the links, exactly what I was looking for. However this has to do with is that they faked some publications on a website, referring to some articles that they said were written by a Nome paper that were not actually written by them. So in short, they are not suing over the movie, they are suing over website material. I don't know what this means as a whole really.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Thank you much for the links, exactly what I was looking for. However this has to do with is that they faked some publications on a website, referring to some articles that they said were written by a Nome paper that were not actually written by them. So in short, they are not suing over the movie, they are suing over website material. I don't know what this means as a whole really.

So what ARE you looking for? The producers and promoters to admit that the whole movie is a hoax and that everyone who goes to see it has fallen for their con? If you go through all the threads which have been posted for this hokey movie, you will see that the promoters have been using these sorts of unethical (and now obviously illegal) methods to promote the movie as real. Given this fact, what makes you think that any of this movie is anything more than a fictional script? When someone posts a hoax video to You-Tube, do you think, well I wonder if that is based on a real UFO sighting?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

**edit** in regards to saying "yes this is what I was looking for" it was in reference to him/her saying that the producers were being sued by someone. I asked for a source and he/she provided it. Nothing more or less.

I guess yeah that is what I am looking for. It would help to have it come form the horses mouth I suppose. I just really want to know the truth. I for the most part am on board with this being totally fictional. At first I obviously thought it was real, but then came to the boards and heard all of the opposition. I guess in a way, I wanted to believe it was real, but can't do that in good conscience when I have doubts.

I want to know if the primary characters in the movie are real, if they ever existed. I want to know if the "documented footage" is real or was fabricated. That would answer all of the questions for me I guess.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by sputniksteve]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You mean you still hope or believe they are telling the truth even though they have been proven in the court of law to be liars and hoaxers?

(Actually I misspoke. It looks like they settled out of court - but I think if you read through the posted article link from the Alaska Dispatch, it will be apparent that the movie is a hoax and a "con job" on a very gullible public.)

That said, I do think the purpose of the movie was to entertain (for those who like this sort of horror schlock.) I very seriously doubt there was any intention to educate, otherwise they would have based the movie on real accounts, not something that was made up.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As a movie, I enjoyed it. However, the behavior displayed by the abducted individuals seemed to lean more towards a portrayal of another popular Hollywood topic: Possession.
I do believe that the existence of aliens is quite probable. However, I did not feel that this movie was an accurate portrayal of their existence.
It seemed to rely too heavily on ancient mythology and spiritual context. The beginning of the movie did state that "many of the names AND professions have been changed". Perhaps "Dr". Tyler was never even a doctor. It is quite possible she could have had another profession, religious or otherwise.

(this was my first post, so feel free to critique me)

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Main reason why the movie was an obvious fake is quite in plain sight. In the scene where the father kills his family and himself in nome alaksa. The house in the "real" footage was a log cabn surounded by trees. Now if you were to see a real overhead view of nome, its nothing but ice and snow by a sea with nothing but buildings on it, nowhere in the overhead view are there trees of that magnitude

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Main reason why the movie was an obvious fake is quite in plain sight. In the scene where the father kills his family and himself in nome alaksa. The house in the "real" footage was a log cabn surounded by trees. Now if you were to see a real overhead view of nome, its nothing but ice and snow by a sea with nothing but buildings on it, nowhere in the overhead view are there trees of that magnitude

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Umm no. I said I "wanted" to believe, in the past tense. However if you read that article it is about them suing over website material, they said that some reports were made by a Nome newspaper that were not actually written by them. It appears you did read it and know this already.

Though that installs some serious doubt as to their tactics and agenda, it does not actually mean that the movie itself is fake. I am not sticking up for it or anything I am just going by what we know, not by what we might suspect or think. I still have not seen any proof that the movie itself is fake. The link supports they lied about something on there website, which was supposed to be used to make us believe that it negated the whole movie. SOmeone else made the claim that the end of the movie had a disclaimer about everything being fictional but again, someone else disproved that.

So in my opinion the movie itself is still in question, but regardless I don't really care either way but I would enjoy some finality. It would take a lot now to make me believe the movie was real, or based on real accounts, but I am still open to the idea.

Originally posted by bluestreak53

That said, I do think the purpose of the movie was to entertain (for those who like this sort of horror schlock.) I very seriously doubt there was any intention to educate, otherwise they would have based the movie on real accounts, not something that was made up.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by bluestreak53]

I think you are spot on with this idea here. I highly doubt it was meant for disinformation and just a movie made for entertainment, like most other movies.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by sputniksteve]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

And what reason is there to even "have a theory" that the movie is based on anything real? Because everything that is "factual" in the movie (location, people's names) has been demonstrated to be a lie. And the purpose of the lies were to lure gullible people into the theatres because they accepted the moviemaker's allegations that the movie is based on facts.

So what is it that is going to convince you that the movie is a hoax and a fraud? I mean pretty much every movie review I have read about the movie notes that it is very much modelled after the Blair Witch Project which was another hoax. Do you think the moviemakers are going to come clean? I somehow doubt they will while they are still raking in money off their con job.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
reply to post by sputniksteve

And what reason is there to even "have a theory" that the movie is based on anything real? Because everything that is "factual" in the movie (location, people's names) has been demonstrated to be a lie. And the purpose of the lies were to lure gullible people into the theatres because they accepted the moviemaker's allegations that the movie is based on facts.

So what is it that is going to convince you that the movie is a hoax and a fraud? I mean pretty much every movie review I have read about the movie notes that it is very much modelled after the Blair Witch Project which was another hoax. Do you think the moviemakers are going to come clean? I somehow doubt they will while they are still raking in money off their con job.

Originally posted by bluestreak53And what reason is there to even "have a theory" that the movie is based on anything real?

Because they have "documented footage" that is supposedly filmed while this investigation was taking place. And the fact that they tell us that this is based off of real events and characters. That is a good reason to believe that the movie is real. That doesn't mean they didn't lie to us though. Like I said, I am pretty much not believing it but I am still open minded. No one as far as I know has debunked the "documented footage" that the story is based off of. That is what I am waiting for.

We don't have to be fighting each other over this, I am not your opponent or something. I just want to find out what the truth is, and not just what someone tells me is the truth. Be it the director or joe schmoe in this thread.

It would be a lot more productive to try and work towards a conclusion together instead of you trying to make me out as some idiot that fell for the directors ploy. If you read my posts I am of the same view point as you, accept that I want more evidence then a movie reviewer saying it looks like Blair Witch so it must be a fake like Blair Witch. I have an open mind, that does not equate to me falling for anything hook line and sinker.

[edit on 11/18/2009 by sputniksteve]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Because they have "documented footage" that is supposedly filmed while this investigation was taking place. And the fact that they tell us that this is based off of real events and characters.

And "they" (the moviemakers and promoters) have been shown to be liars and fraudsters.

That is a good reason to believe that the movie is real. That doesn't mean they didn't lie to us though. Like I said, I am pretty much not believing it but I am still open minded. No one as far as I know has debunked the "documented footage" that the story is based off of. That is what I am waiting for.

So you recognise that they are lying to you, but you still think there might be some truth to some of the claims? That seems naive to me, but I have followed this for months, so perhaps I dismissed any possibility of this being based on reality when I initially saw the con job the promoters were pulling here.

I haven't read a single word from the producer's side to defend the authenticity of any of the material contained in the movie. Have you?

However, if you still have questions in your mind, then you could try writing to the studio and asking them to clairify whether the footage was "real authentic" or just "authentic" in the sense that that was the story in the movie - that the suggestion the "other video" was "authentic" was just a literary device in a fictional story. The story being that the actors were reenacting a real event, but in fact, the real event is itself just another fictional storyline.

Note that this is not a personal fight against you. However, I believe that these "Fourth Kind" threads have provided very compelling evidence that a lot of people do cling to belief in the authenticity of hoax videos, for one reason or another (again, this comment is not directed at you). This shows that the advent of You-Tube and CGI is likely to further blur the lines between "real" and "make-believe".

Good luck and best wishes in your quest.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I am curious. Have you seen the movie? This is a little off track to the subject we have been discussing but I just wondered if you had.

I appreciate that you made a point to say you were not directing your thoughts towards me. I don't need special treatment I just wanted to make sure you saw that we were basically on the same side of the fence here. I think the difference is that you stated you made up your mind long before the movie came out, where as I am keeping an open mind until something definitive is found. For you that definitive is found in the sense that they were proven to fake a website. For me that is not good enough to throw a blanket over the whole production but I see why that could be valid. I am starting to confuse myself now. I think I will do away with the subject until a further time.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I saw the movie today.
Thoroughly enjoyed it,

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sol12

wow I've not heard more retarded rubbish since sunday school. Hypnosis is a property of psychology. A soft science, but a science none the less. your conclusion is bullocks as well. ITS A BLOODY MOVIE! You remember that movie about that couple what stayed in a cottage in teh woods and were brutally attacked by a family of lunatics bent on murder? it too was based off a true story. YOu now what the true story was? Some one knocked on the authors door, and that was the vision what went through his head. Nothing of the kind ever happened to the author, or anyone else. it was a creepy thought. This MOVIE (the 4th kind) is not an agent of disinformation and very possibly nothing beyond a simple creeper thought someone had while walking through the woods alone one night in ALaska. Big stars there and lots of stuff moving in them there skies, MUCH LIKE NORWAY. maybe some airy fairy new ager said they were abducted right before they were reincarnated from John Wayne or something like that and the author related that to his own creeper thought and said its real. NOTHING DISINFORMATIVE just a movie. Some people look way too far into hollywood. MOVIES ARE NOT PREPPING US FOR ANYTHING! THEY ARE MOVIES> ALIEN CRAP SELLS WELL SO THEY MAKE MORE AND MORE OF IT! You are NOT preparing for a zombie attack, yet there are many movies about THAT as well. You dont prepare yourself to be computer animated and wielding a sword as large as a bloody semi to battle a greedy planet sized corporation like they did in final fantasy do you? THEY ARE MOVIES PEOPLE AND NOTHING MORE!

[edit on 22-11-2009 by stanlee]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join