It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Fourth Kind: Beware of "abduction" prop/agenda.

page: 3
8
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53
 


I don't believe you are correct. I didn't see anywhere here where anyone said that the documented footage was actually not real, was made by the film director.

To Sol,

typing a bunch of ...... does not make for a conversation. I don't know what you are trying to say can you use some words to convey your message?




posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by bluestreak53
 


I don't believe you are correct. I didn't see anywhere here where anyone said that the documented footage was actually not real, was made by the film director.


He is mistaken.

The marketing people are claiming that the director used documentary footage as a basis for re-enactments for the film. There is a large disclaimer at the end of the movie however..

"All events and places 'blah, blah blah'... are works of fiction. All similarities to actual people and events.. blah blah blah.. is coincidental."

He is duped my marketing.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As much as I hate bothering to make another post on yet another thread dedicated to this tasteless crappy movie, I thought that readers would be interested in what real abduction researcher, Budd Hopkins has to say about the movie in his review, "The Fourth Kind - A Movie to Avoid":

On Tuesday, Nov. 3, as I sat in a theater being bombarded with soundtrack noise - screams – many screams – and melodramatic, over-the-top music, I was watching the new, self-described UFO abuction film, The Fourth Kind, and wondering how the screenwriters could get so many things wrong.
...
Underlying all of this fictional, never before reported malarky, the film’s pseudo-documentary style strains to convince us that everything depicted is “supported by actual case material.”
...
Second, the hyper-emotional reactions mimed by the actors are almost non-existent in competently conducted hypnosis sessions. I’ve observed actual screams in perhaps six or seven of the nearly two thousand hypnosis sessions I’ve been present for, or carried out myself, over three decades, and have never seen the kind of mindless terror, vomiting and crashing about that the movie graphically, and shamelessly, forces upon the audience.
...
Such a viewer could be deeply unsettled by this noisy, fictional mishmash, which, as I’ve said, involves murder, gunfire and suicide, as well as seemingly endless minutes of blurred, fake video imagery which the filmmakers insist is “real.”

The full review can be read on Hopkins website here:The Fourth Kind - A Movie to Avoid


[edit on 8-11-2009 by bluestreak53]



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12
...

The Fourth Kind: Beware of "abduction" prop/agenda.

...

Hypnosis is NOT Science.

It is an outdated and invalid method to obtain facts/truth.

This movie is bad science fiction and bad history, with an agenda.

Agenda: Fear, Ridicule (and 'entertainment').

...



Are you implying that abductions aren't real? I mean based on what your stated here hypnosis is bull crap and cannot be taken seriously. But don't we have almost all abduction stories revealed through the process of hypnosis? This is such a strong statement to make. I don't care about the movie, I'm talking about real abductions stories.

Adding a question: How much do you know about hypnosis and how much have you researched this process on the abducties?



[edit on 8-11-2009 by Telos]



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Actually, if you have seen the Mythbusters T.V. show on the Discovery Channel, they do test hypnosis. They triied making the hypnotized to do such physical to objects. But it never worked, however, they proved that under hypnosis, he/she can retrieve forgotten information in the past.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12

This movie, and the agenda behind it that is promoting it,
is another one of those saddening attempts to discredit the benevolent
visitors to Earth from the other Planets of our Solar System.



Wait a minute,
Did you just write an entire page telling us that hypnotism, which may not be admissible in court but is a well known phenomenon and has been deeply studied is all a lie? Then you concluded that it is all an attempt to ...and I quote..." discredits the benevolent visitors to earth from the other planets of our solar system."

So hypnotism doesn't exist but the visitors to earth from our solar system are victims of fraud?



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints
 



Originally posted by badgerprints
Wait a minute,
Did you just write an entire page telling us that hypnotism,
which may not be admissible in court
but is a well known phenomenon and has been deeply studied is all a lie?


...

No, I haven't.

Read?

...
..
.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos
 



Originally posted by Telos
Are you implying that abductions aren't real? I mean based on what your stated here hypnosis is bull crap and cannot be taken seriously. But don't we have almost all abduction stories revealed through the process of hypnosis? This is such a strong statement to make. I don't care about the movie, I'm talking about real abductions stories.

Adding a question: How much do you know about hypnosis and how much
have you researched this process on the abducties?


...

Some of the things I know and understand
about hypnosis are expressed on this thread.

The point is that you can research
the subject of hypnosis yourself, if so,
you will have to arrive at similar conclusions as I have.

I am indeed implying, 'abduction' by extra-terrestrials is NOT real.

Where are the facts?

Hypnosis can NOT provide these?

So, where are these facts?

You can NOT "research" this process on the "abducties"
because you will have to first find "abducties"?

You will have to first assume they ("abducties") exist?

Where are they?

In Hollywood?

On anonymous internet boards?

In books of fiction?

In the "assumptions" as presented by certain 'researchers'?

...
..
.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53
 



Originally posted by bluestreak53
"As much as I hate bothering to make another post on yet another thread dedicated to this tasteless crappy movie, I thought that readers would be interested in what real abduction researcher, Budd Hopkins has to say about the movie in his review, "The Fourth Kind - A Movie to Avoid""
[edit on 8-11-2009 by bluestreak53]


...

Thanks for bothering.


Rather confusing that Mr."intruders foundation" Hopkins,
does not like the movie?

Why?

A bit too much ridicule/drama for his comfort/paycheck?

...
..
.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12
Conclusion:

This movie, and the agenda behind it that is promoting it,
is another one of those saddening attempts to discredit the benevolent
visitors to Earth from the other Planets of our Solar System.

Agenda: Fear, Ridicule and 'Entertainment'.

...

What the 'GOV' doesn't want you to know:

- Visiting ETs are not unidentified,
neither are many of their spaceships.

- We are not alone in our Solar System.

- Visiting extra-terrestrials are Humans.

...

* Solar Humans *



Once again.

You expect us to take as fact that there are "solar humans" visiting earth.

You say that hypnotism is fake and there is no proof of abduction.

Where is your 'proof' that there are humans from other planets visiting the earth?

Hypnotism = charlatanism , not truth or fact
abduction = lies and disinformation, not truth or fact

BUT ... as you state ... - Visiting ETs are not unidentified,
neither are many of their spaceships.

- We are not alone in our Solar System.

- Visiting extra-terrestrials are Humans.

Where is your proof of these facts?



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12


...
The point is that you can research
the subject of hypnosis yourself, if so,
you will have to arrive at similar conclusions as I have.



Well I did and for a long time and certainly I didn't get to your conclusions.



You can NOT "research" this process on the "abducties"
because you will have to first find "abducties"?

You will have to first assume they ("abducties") exist?

Where are they?

In Hollywood?

On anonymous internet boards?

In books of fiction?

In the "assumptions" as presented by certain 'researchers'?

...
..
.


And after all this you've write, you can still pretend to have researched?
To me is not other then the so called Consensus Blindness Not worth it for more replies.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12
reply to post by Telos
 



Originally posted by Telos
Are you implying that abductions aren't real? I mean based on what your stated here hypnosis is bull crap and cannot be taken seriously. But don't we have almost all abduction stories revealed through the process of hypnosis? This is such a strong statement to make. I don't care about the movie, I'm talking about real abductions stories.

Adding a question: How much do you know about hypnosis and how much
have you researched this process on the abducties?


...

Some of the things I know and understand
about hypnosis are expressed on this thread.

The point is that you can research
the subject of hypnosis yourself, if so,
you will have to arrive at similar conclusions as I have.

I am indeed implying, 'abduction' by extra-terrestrials is NOT real.

Where are the facts?

Hypnosis can NOT provide these?

So, where are these facts?

You can NOT "research" this process on the "abducties"
because you will have to first find "abducties"?

You will have to first assume they ("abducties") exist?

Where are they?

In Hollywood?

On anonymous internet boards?

In books of fiction?

In the "assumptions" as presented by certain 'researchers'?

...
..
.


You need some education, my friend.

First of all, to say that 'Abductees' do not exist is purely ignorance. Some of the most prestigious universities is the world do research into the phenomenon. Harvard, Yale, NYU (Heh), U of Michigan, and MANY others do case studies regularly.

Hypnotherapy is a very real practice which is regulated in the United States by a board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists. If Hypnotherapy is a credible science, it's source Hypnosis MUST also be scientifically acceptable.

For something to be scientifically acceptable, it needs to be able to be scientifically tested. Hypnosis has been so vetted and researched. To claim otherwise is to argue from a position of weakness and ignorance.

Also, Hypnosis is used in court proceedings all the time. Do a quick google search of Forensic Hypnosis. You will find all kinds of information to start your research.

To end..

This movie is fake.
The events depicted are fictional.
Hypnosis as seen in movies is fake.
Hypnosis as a Science is real.
To say otherwise is incorrect.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by uglybattle
 



HYPNOSIS MAY GIVE FALSE CONFIDENCE IN INACCURATE MEMORIES



SAN FRANCISCO - A new study suggests that hypnosis doesn't help people recall events more accurately - but it does tend to make people more confident of their inaccurate memories. Researchers asked college students, including some who were under hypnosis, to give the dates of 20 national and international news events from the past 11 years.

"The bottom line is that memories recovered through hypnosis, or any other technique, need to be corroborated through other means before they are accepted as true."




researchnews.osu.edu...


Makes perfect sense.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych
 



Originally posted by Tryptych
Makes perfect sense.


...

As I wrote,

The 'abduction crowd' refuses to get updated
on the insights and findings of modern psychology?

The date of what is posted at the link you've provided:

"Embargoed for release until 9:00 AM PDT, Sunday, August 26, 2001,
to coincide with the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association."

...
..
.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As stated earlier, these people are only out there to make money on this growing subject. Pretty simple. And actually, this will probably make more people interested in it.

I'll admit that I had the same thoughts as you did when. And I'm probably going to see this, because I love horror and sci-fi



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sol12
Rather confusing that Mr."intruders foundation" Hopkins,
does not like the movie?

Why?

A bit too much ridicule/drama for his comfort/paycheck?


What ridicule? All he is saying is the movie is an over the top, horror movie that bears little in common with his experience in abduction research.

He probably wouldn't have even bothered to write anything if the movie was not falsely promoted as "based on authentic footage".

Why would it be confusing that he would criticize a movie which grossly distorts the "alien abduction phenomenom", whatever that really is?



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych
 



Originally posted by Tryptych

As stated earlier, these people are only out there to make money on this growing subject. Pretty simple. And actually, this will probably make more people interested in it.

I'll admit that I had the same thoughts as you did when. And I'm probably going to see this, because I love horror and sci-fi


Enjoy.


The double edged sword of disinfo/'disclosure'.

...
..
.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sol12
 


I probably will, because i got the common sense to know that is know that this isn't how the usual abduction cases are (as the abduction researcher stated). For most experiences that i've heard about, the fear is mostly caused by the shocking situation rather that the actions of the abductors (In this case, Aliens).

To me, the whole scenario of some hypothetical hyperbeings being malevolent against less developed races sounds really naive. Why would we want to "conquer" ants?

If this is some type of disinfo to make the "Aliens" look bad.. epic fail.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
...

In response to:

The latest additions by Badgerprints, Telos, HankMcCoy.

Sorry guys.

You don't bother to properly read
my posts, and merely provide me an
out of context hash,
a collection of one-liners
of what you understand?

There is nothing to respond to really.

I'll merely repeat:

I'm not looking for converts.

You are the masters of your beliefs and convictions.

...
..
.



posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sol12
 


I see, my mistake. You are not looking to be educated.

Apologies.




top topics



 
8
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join