It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we Not exist in the universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Think about this! If when we look at distant galaxys from a point of billions of years ago..... may-be our time is old????? what are your opinions?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What i mean is are we already gone and we dont realizw it?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting concept.
But well, as they say, your only as old as you feel and time is just a means of measurement.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yep you havea point matrix

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The simple fact is, our exsitence hangs on such a fragile balance that virtually no one can understand just how fragile the balance is. Yet it is still part of the balance of nature today!!!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

..any number of things already 'have our number.'

..one (or a few, or many) galaxy mirrored in different stages of development- in a toroid shaped universe where space 'folds' back on itself, with no discernable edge, light takes a long slow loop out and back in.

..this place looks like someones idea of hell.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I dont know about you, but i'm pretty sure that i'm here at the moment. I think I get what your trying to point out. Explain further though.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well iam just saying that the universe is so vast and so old that we might have already been destroyed! and iam also pointing out that may-be we are just a altered time outside of our universe!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That is an interesting point but would we not have noticed that we are no longer existent. Maybe this is the reason we get the Deja Vu feeling. Maybe this is also the reason why people can "predict the future" since time is a system of measurment that means we can control time with mind over matter i dont know just a thought

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I see. Or maybe we're living in real time and alien planets have been destroyed thousands of years ago. And thousands of years from now in an alien galaxy we will be in the midst of being destroyed. Wait- ahh this is confusing i'm starting to believe in the point your making. Why must life be so confusing?!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

imagine 2 galaxies A and B (LY = light year)

A ----1 million LY----B

A is the solar system and B another galaxy with another civilization.

when we look at B we see B as it was 1 million years ago.when B looks at us they see our galaxy as it was 1 million years ago.

yet we still exist at the same time.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Does the quote "I think, therefore I am" have any relevance to this topic?

Maybe we no longer exist to someone from a different perspective. Kind of like how the stars we see exist to us, but in reality they could already have super nova'd.

This is a difficult topic to articulate. Wish I had a word for every thought I have.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
maybe all of time exists in a moment, the past present and future is all now, so we could already all be dead , or even just being born, all at the same time but we are only aware of the part that is playing out in our minds in the perticular now that we are following. Does that make sence??? perhaps it would explain prediction, because it's not really seeing the future just another part of the now?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I like it, but galaxy B is currently seeing the light we emanated 1 million years ago.

If our sun went supernova today, then galaxy b would not be aware of this fact for a million years.

So, therefore, we cannot have been destroyed already, but the observer in Galaxy B may have been at any time up to a million years ago and we wouldn't know about it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrisjohns
I like it, but galaxy B is currently seeing the light we emanated 1 million years ago.

If our sun went supernova today, then galaxy b would not be aware of this fact for a million years.

So, therefore, we cannot have been destroyed already, but the observer in Galaxy B may have been at any time up to a million years ago and we wouldn't know about it.

exactly

beings in A and B live at the same time

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Wow My brain is going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!! it just to vast , the universe i mean

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
mmm, as you all know, the reason we see galaxies as they were many years ago is because it takes many years for light (which is responsible for the abillity to see) to come from those distant galaxies to earth.

When you look at your hand, it takes almost zero time for light to get to your eyes from your hands, this means you almost see the present, but it is still the past in terms of 1 or 2 nanoseconds.

When you THINK, it's pure present.

BTW, when someone views our galaxy from a distance, he does not see us as we are right now, our present is not past for him. Instead, he sees our galaxy as it was billions of years ago.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Transc3ndent]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
hmm interesting concept....i have often thought about lifeforms in other galaxies, and i really want to believe that our solar system exists in hundreds of other galaxies, just at a different point of time. As childish as this may sound, there can be a earth hundreds of years ahead of our time in one galaxy, and hundreds of years before our time in another.

d1k

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
I dont know about you, but i'm pretty sure that i'm here at the moment. I think I get what your trying to point out.

How do you really know we are not some self aware alien science experiement in some super advanced (what we would call a computer) in some alien lab, where 100 of our years are mere seconds to them...

I always loved the end of the movie Men In Black 1. The marble throwing aliens.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The universe is vast. However, the universe may not exist. In the nothing before the universe, the universe could have become and not become. It's the heisenberg uncertainty principle, anything could have happened, we are just observing one of it's outcomes, we may not exist. Everything happened and is happening and will happen, we are just observing one chain-of-events. When someone says that something is impossible, they just mean that it is not in our chain-of-events. So everything is equally possible and impossible, already happened and didn't, and everything both will and won't happen. We just follow one particular path through time and space.

Oww, my head.

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by DanD9]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join