It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care- Now(Passed)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Agreed. Also, many that are awake are still laying down. As many are afraid of being blackbagged in the middle of the night for standing up for themselves. Fortunately, we don't need to do anything violent. We just need to exercise the last few freedoms we have left and hope people will listen and understand. We can start moving toward a 3 party system.

Let's gather up all of the republicans and democrats that opposed the healthcare bill, the cyber security bill, and the other horrible horrible bills that are being voted on. And let's merge this group of politicians into a NEW party. What is taking so long?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The desert?
You could go camping for a few years on the north rim of the
Grand Canyon. Nobody goes there. Very pretty.
You can see the stars very clearly. No light pollution.
Drive to Flagstaff,AZ for supplies.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Crazy rich??? haha i hardly fall into that catagory and i doubt many other members do either. This will hurt the poor more than the rich, I promise you that.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

We don't need a 3 party system. The system needs to be destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up. A three party system is like putting a band aid on a person who just got their scalp parted by a .50 round.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
So it passed the House, but since I do not recall Congress having any Constitutional power to either administer nor regulate medical care, was it a Constitutionally legal Bill Proposal in the first place?

I see conflicts with the 4th, 8th and 9th and a very flagrant violation of the 10th Amendments in the text of the Bill.

Enjoy the day in the sun....or moon as this case seemed to be. It only takes 1/10 of the population to violently oppose this to effect a serious and immediate change. They may find that current 10% of unemployed might have just found something to do after all.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Ahabstar]

Your post rings true in every aspect.

2nd

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
I am surprised, while all this is going on people aren't keeping an eye on the dollar.

This could all heat up very quickly. I think that if this 2000+ page bill passes, it will be the final straw.

Our founding fathers fought for freedom against banks,
this one is against the healthcare system and banks, bundled with new currency for all.

Goodbye america!

India was right.
Buy Gold!
1 oz American Eagle gold coins.
Our money printing presses are working too fast.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Some of the criminal penalties for not purchasing their garbage...

HR 3962 -- The fine print Americans who do not maintain “acceptable health insurance coverage” and who choose not to pay the bill’s new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years. According to the Joint Committee on Taxation, the HR 3962 has the following provisions:

“H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax.” [Page 1] ...

“If the government determines that the taxpayer’s unpaid tax liability results from willful behavior, the following penalties could apply…” [Page 2] ...

Criminal penalties

Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:
• Section 7203 – misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.
• Section 7201 – felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years.” [page 3]
robotspider.typepad.com...

I ask this. We are SQUEEZED as it is. No one has the money to pay these fines. Jails are loaded, States can't afford any more prisoners. How are they going to impose all of this oppression?

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Health has been passed, and now all the crazyriche are pissed.

Just what do you consider "crazyrich?" I'm curious. I don't consider myself rich, I worked damn hard for what I have.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Let's gather up all of the republicans and democrats that opposed the healthcare bill, the cyber security bill, and the other horrible horrible bills that are being voted on. And let's merge this group of politicians into a NEW party. What is taking so long?

Good idea

Funny thing is that is kinda how the Nazi party was formed and also the same force that vehemently opposed the Nazi's just prior to Nazi take over. History has this point of history loaded and obscured-

I do hope we can get two more parties in at least

And I hear that 50 cal. ref

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There you go. Health care or go to jail.

I choose neither.

Come and get me brown shirts.

link   
okay, what i want to know..(and this maybe a little off topic but it still relates to healthcare)..is what happens to the people who still owe for past medical bills? Like my best friend owes over $500,000 for cancer treatments(and he has now had cancer 3 times and is only 28).
Is there anywhere in this new bill that says anything about that?
Or is he still going to be responsible for that money owed?
If nobody knows, thats okay, cause he knows hes screwed either way.

link   

ACCORDING TO THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION:

The Allergists voted to scratch it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

The Obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.

Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!” while the Pediatricians said, ‘Oh, Grow up!’

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The Internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the Plastic Surgeons said, “This puts a whole new face on the matter.”

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.

The Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas and the Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no.

In the end (so to speak), the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in Washington !!!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

now that's truly funny!You just made my night.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is just the foot in the door. Right now, the American public might just barely be able to swallow this pill, but in very short order they will modify and amend it until it becomes the honest-to-god nightmare we were all afraid of.

If this thing becomes final, I think it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What a very sad day... If the Senate does not stop this, CIVIL WAR is coming and this way soon... That's all I have to say.... what a sad day indeed!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So what do we do? Sit around waiting for someone to lead a revolution? Throw our hands in the air and give up?Start making plans for when they come for you for not buying their insurance? Because I WILL not buy it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tyr Sog

LOL!

Citizenscorp is 80% ready and counting to handle any full blown emergency under the direction of FEMA and Homeland Security.

Source

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

That is easy to answer.

He still owes everything. The benefit period will not start until after 2013 but the tax the crap out of us part will start right away. So people having trouble paying for healthcare now, will be on their knees by the time the Govt. comes in to "save" them.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Does any one have any grease I can borrow?Because this is gonna hurt.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Don't forget all you angry people... Revolt starts with good intentions and run on murder.
There is never a shortage of enemies -

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Janky Red]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join