It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care- Now(Passed)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
do you really expect a No Vote -- ha ha ha, after all they have done to get to this legislation that a No Vote would sink their ship..... ha ha
not trying to make fun of you guys, I guess you can always hope...

I think its going to turn into a turkey shoot.... they vote - and us 300 million say -- boggie at 10 O clock.... cuz, I wouldnt give a plug nickle for anyone who says Yes, to Destroy America.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

That's because before Owens was for the bill, he was against it! He couldn't really expect donations on the legal websites, could he? I wonder what he got under the table, though? Oh wait, thats not PC. Perhaps I should only wonder what pork he will get.

I mean, he obviously lied to win the election, because he changed his mind 4 hours after he was sworn into office. Who'da thunk it?! Perhaps had he not lied and intentionally misdirected people, he would not have won? Nooooo.

He broke 4 promises in the first 4 hours. I bet this makes all Dems proud. At least they found out about the real Scozziefozziebear.

Owens indicated in a press release released shortly afterwards that he was now in favor of the the "Affordable Healthcare for America Act" bill in direct contrast to his earlier position during the election campaign.

According to Politico.com, Mr. Owens assured voters that he felt the public option had no place in the health care reform bill. Contrary to that position, Mr. Owens now indicates that he intends to vote in favor of the bill even though it now contains a public option.

UPDATED: A spokesman for Congressman Owens indicated correctly that Mr. Owens had recanted his solid position against public option later in the campaign, clarifying that he did not wish public option to be a 'litmus test' for the Health Reform bill and that on Oct. 30th, several days prior to the election, in a debate had stated that he generally supported the public option as it was now written (at that time.)

Mr. Owens also indicated during his campaign that he was firmly opposed to cutting Medicare benefits, taxing health care benefits, and increased taxes on the middle class in any way as you can see clearly in the screenshot below, taken directly from Mr. Owens' campaign website.

Link

Sadly, the only way to know now, if someone has been bought and paid for, since they know we can look at contributions, is to vote for independents. Can't trust either side anymore.

Edit for broken link

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PenandSword

Jail or suicide? How about revolution. They underestimate the will of the American people.

They totally ignored the country. Ignored the several hundred thousand if not million man march the other month. Ignored the 50 thousand that showed up Thursday on 5 days notice at the behest of Congresswoman Bachman, ignored the millions of emails, faxes, and calls not to pass it.

Bullets will fly...you can take that to the bank. The people know what to do.

I used to have faith. Not so much now. Just going by the number of people here willing to go to jail over this, I'm depressed now.

I always thought that revolution was an option. I'm doubting that now. If these folks would rather rot in jail over it, the nation is lost. If that's the case, there's not enough guts left in the whole nation to fill a wash tub. Looks like "revolution" is gonna boil down to individual initiative. Too little, too late. They'll pick off the resisters one at a time.

Go to JAIL? HELL no! When they come to put me in jail over this communistic nonsense, I'm going down poppin' smoke!

JAIL? Gulag my soft and fuzzy behind!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
our slogan is going to have to change, I am afraid in the coming years. It is not we the people of the United states, it shall be we the property of the United states government. Allot of people are very naive. Once the government takes over the healthcare, with the banking and the number one export in America, ahem.. Just wow. Not sure if this is good or bad. Kinda creepy.. Especially if your christian.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Reply to post by jibeho

Not only bragging about a 5 point win but claiming "bipartisan" support with 1 rep vote.

Seeing that 39 dems voted against there was more "bipartisan" opposition. But they'll just take that one vote for and parade it around like the planets aligned to fullfill Obamas destiny.

Destiny of forcing people to give corporations more of their money or get thrown in jail. Before we just had to give gov our money or be thrown in jail. Woo-hoo.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by patmac

So if I don't get vaccinated I"m out?LOOPHOLE....YES!!

No. You're still forced to BUY the insurance, you're just not allowed to use it.

Amounts to taxation without representation.

Where have I heard THAT before?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't see how all this spending will be paid for even if taxes are raised, it just doesn't add up.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Reckon I'd better pack for the FEMA camps ... I will NOT have anything to do with socialized medical care! They will NOT debit my bank account for their "fines" ... Hopefully in 2010 a lot of Congress will change. Can't we have this mess repealed?

As for mark of the beast, not yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I guess these people did not get the fact that the IRS is the one that will be collecting the money. They will come take everything you own if you do not pay it.
They have put it in so that on top of this language in the bill, you will also be commiting tax fraud.

Another one. Remember the crazy hope of winning the Lottery? After they get done raising the taxes on the rich, which they always get out of anyways, you won't have two nickles to rub together with your new win.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ragdollcat

Sadly, it takes a HUGE lot more effort to repeal a law than it takes to make one. That is one of the dangers in these midnight favor fests, no one is able to see what deal have been made and what money and pork is hidden. Repealing a law like this, again, if passed by the senate, could take years, maybe even tens of years.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Facts:

Nothing will change... Nothing ever does or have you not noticed?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm wondering if they will be able to make me pay for U.S. health insurance. I live in Canada, but am a U.S. citizen. For anyone who doesn't know, a U.S. citizen living anywhere in the world must file with the IRS and with the Treasury Department every year. The Treasury must be told the value of all foreign accounts, and the IRS can tax you over and above what the country you live in taxes you.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

There is absolutely nothing in the US Constitution that gives Congress the power to legislate "HealthCare"!

They only have 2 charges .... (1) Foreign Trade and (2) Protect our borders from domestic and foreign invasion.

It is time for a REVOLUTION ! This time, it will take more than 6% of the population to pull the trigger.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

If you like it there, may be time to change your citizenship.

If I was in another country, stable, and managing well, I would stay.

I still hold out the hope that if this passes and isn't struck down as unconstitutional, the states will use the 10th ammendment rights, or any others they have, to say NO.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
I'm wondering if they will be able to make me pay for U.S. health insurance. I live in Canada, but am a U.S. citizen. For anyone who doesn't know, a U.S. citizen living anywhere in the world must file with the IRS and with the Treasury Department every year. The Treasury must be told the value of all foreign accounts, and the IRS can tax you over and above what the country you live in taxes you.

You can bet on it.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses to my concern. It really isn't a question of if I like it here or not. I'm married to a Canadian. And I suspect I will have to help pay for U. S. health care. Of course, none of us knows right now what all is in the bill, nor do we know how much it will get changed before it is signed into law. Also, once it is in, the parts that were changed to satisfy conservatives will probably get adjusted to fit the liberal stance, with time. Sadly, that is how it goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Then, by all means, change your citizenship, if marriage doesn't do that by default! Not like you can't get back across the border quite easily anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Then, by all means, change your citizenship, if marriage doesn't do that by default! Not like you can't get back across the border quite easily anyway.

I'm not so naive as to think the conservative government of Canada can stand for long. The whole western world seems to be under the control of liberals these days. Canada is in a better position financially than the U.S., but I could never abandon my American citizenship, because I love my country. I can apply for dual citizenship, but that doesn't relieve the requirements of the U.S. Treasury and the IRS. Sorry for the off-topic post.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
So I wake up and read all the infighting that has gone on while I slept. I saw one informative post of a link to the Washington Post. I see many posts on what we should do to send a clear and sober message. And after a little thought I think I have a solution.

Pink Slips. Sent via snail mail. To each and every one that voted for this crap. Tell them they are to return home from DC right now. Inform them that this is a way of doing things with dignity and that you would hate to have to call "security" to remove them.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Whats worse is the majority of the Country who voted these endentured servants in has no clue what is going on.

just another thing to throw you in jail for or fine you. Or let them take something away from you. Why can't people see this? Anyhow whatever.. If this bill passes we are OWNED.. What if I do not want health care?What if I do not want to be forced to goto the Hospital? What if I do not beleive in Modern medicine? Why am I going to be forced to have health insurence? What if my religious beleifs do not let me beleive in modern medicine or Health insurence? I am going to get thrown in jail? Unconstatutional..

They need to just find a way to just make health insurance affordable..

I think that is all we want. make it simple, if you do not have health insurence or cannot afford health care, you do not get health care. Not by force thou..

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Bicent76]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join