It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Man Says He Was Fired for Telling Colleague Her Gay Marriage Is Wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

repeating the same thing you have said before doesn't make it any truer.

it is the same cookier cutter response on ats.

And you have conveinantly ignored my response.

This person signed up to work for an EOE. He did not have to. He accepted to work for a company that had tolerance orders. He chose to ignore them.

This has nothing to do with restrictions of freedom of speech. And drama is unbecoming of a grown adult.

Does that meant the secret service agent who is not allowed to talk about their job is restricted from freedom of speech? Certainly. But they signed up for it. Just like this boy.

don't like the company standards? Your have the freedom to work for whom you wish. he made the decision.

All the woman said was that she was getting married. It is legal in MA. When he didn't engage her in a discussion, she brought it up. Did she fish him out? Certainly.

Not mature but also within HER rights to freedom of speech. It works both ways.

Did she say heterosexuals suck? No. She just said she was getting married.

he told her that her relationship was bad. That is slander. That is forcing a religious viewpoint.

And he should of left it at the church. If he couldn't handle her saying four times that she was gay, then the boy, will never make it anywhere if he gets his feathers so easily ruffled.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh my dear Nixie. I almost left you hanging but I decided to play nice and respond to you. Look at the equal opportunty rules. Not all state have EO rules that cover homosexuals and there is not a federal mandate on the matter.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

repeating the same thing you have said before doesn't make it any truer.

it is the same cookier cutter response on ats.

And you have conveinantly ignored my response.

This person signed up to work for an EOE. He did not have to. He accepted to work for a company that had tolerance orders. He chose to ignore them.

This has nothing to do with restrictions of freedom of speech. And drama is unbecoming of a grown adult.

Does that meant the secret service agent who is not allowed to talk about their job is restricted from freedom of speech? Certainly. But they signed up for it. Just like this boy.

don't like the company standards? Your have the freedom to work for whom you wish. he made the decision.

All the woman said was that she was getting married. It is legal in MA. When he didn't engage her in a discussion, she brought it up. Did she fish him out? Certainly.

Not mature but also within HER rights to freedom of speech. It works both ways.

Did she say heterosexuals suck? No. She just said she was getting married.

he told her that her relationship was bad. That is slander. That is forcing a religious viewpoint.

And he should of left it at the church. If he couldn't handle her saying four times that she was gay, then the boy, will never make it anywhere if he gets his feathers so easily ruffled.

Sounds like you are just like her, a titty baby. Maybe it's her that couldn't him saying he didn't agree with her lifestyle, rather than him not being able to handle her repeatedly flaunting her gayness.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh good heavens Hot Sauce you keep dancing around this like water in a hot pan.

This isn't about federal or state laws.
I am pretty sure that if MA has allowed gay marriage then they are an EOC state.

But the companies themselves have you sign contracts........

I have to sign a contract that says if I divulge any peronsal information about clients, I can be fined 200,000 and fired.

No matter what your local, contracts are binding. He willingly accepted a position and signed a contract to be tolerant. His mistake. His loss. No freedoms trenched upon there.

I work in a position where I hear racial slurs every single day. I deal with it, why: Because I am glad I have a job. And I am not a weenie like that guy.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well I didn't know it was intolerant to express your opinion that you disagree with something. Wasn't she intolerant of his view that gay marriage is wrong? It wasn't like he physically or verbally abused her for being gay. He just said he thought it was morally wrong. Maybe she needs to learn to be more tolerant of people who don't share her love of gay marriage.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Eh, like he's going to give an honest account of what happened. The whole she kept prodding me thing is likely made up. And the calling someone a deviant and just meaning "not the normal" is a joke, since that word is used for basically unlawful scum. That's like saying "You're gay!!" and then saying "Oh, I just meant happy".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join