It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a glitch in the ATS matrix...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Cookie fight? I have found that cookies from one sight will fight cookies from another site. I do not know why or how but I have been able to stop most problems of this type by closing IE and dumping my cookies and when I log back in the problem is gone. Try dumping your cookies.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Had a cookie clear out.

I have a feeling it may have something to do with Mozilla 3.6 beta, I'm using 3.5.5 to post this and have noticed the real time spell checker has disappeared, if it was active whilst in the posting routine it may have been causing a conflict of some sort.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
reply to post by Koka

This is a test.

Okay, tried to edit this post and got this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39c0e8ddeaa4.jpg[/atsimg]
There are things missing from the URL, when we edit a post the URL shows more information after the "action=edit" part. Also, we can see that there is no indication of what thread and forum you were, we can see only "»»»" instead of "»Forum name»thread title»Post Reply", it looks like the browser is cutting the URL.

Try to see what the link shows when you hover the cursor over the "Edit" button.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
reply to post by fixer1967

Had a cookie clear out.

I have a feeling it may have something to do with Mozilla 3.6 beta, I'm using 3.5.5

I truly think this is the issue. This all started to happen after the "upgrade" to 3.5.5

I have been having all kinds of weird things happen, not only on ATS.
Sometimes I cannot click on clickable things, sometimes the browser hangs us and quits responding.
Truly a pain.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well I've uninstalled the 3.6 beta, and back to using 3.5.5, which does seem a little slow in responding, thought it might have been a bandwidth issue though.

I will post any other issues I might have on this thread.

Armap if it reoccurs I will be sure to do as you ask..

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Chances are that it is related to a piece of software you installed recently. After installing a new anti spyware program I couldn't log in to ATS. I also had problems with other sites booting me any time I tried to open or respond to a thread.

I would stop using the Beta of Firefox and see if it continues. If it does I would see if uninstalling other new software helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join